Author Topic: Fare Well  (Read 5783 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Fare Well
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:14:30 pm »
Thanks guys i have all ways liked vintage bikes since i got my old honda minitrail on my 8th birthday it is good that i can talk to people that are into old bikes because all my mates my age see them as crap which is not true i doubt i will ever buy a new bike the pe is great fun to ride i will be riding the pe in some vic vinduros this year if you see me come say hello i will probably be the only 16 year old on 1 of my 2 pe400's thanks alot Michael.      :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:16 pm »
Ji,

Hang in there sunshine - nil carborundum illegitimi !!!

You appear to have a fan base which is something your detractors cannot claim and you have obviously helped and inspired young Michael, who after all is the hope of the sport of vintage keeping on keeping on.

Stay around, if only to show you can and whistle 'Always look on the bright side of life' and teach some of those who can't to be those who can !!!

Cheers mate

Dave Mac  ;D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

IT490K

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 12:16:13 am »
why is everybody so thin skin

Being thin skinned is not the problem.
The problem seems to be that some members have nothing better to do than start arguments and put other people down.  ???

Why come to an online community to give people a hard time?  ???

I'm not on here enough (for good reason) to know who these wonderful members are
but it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that this forum would be a better place without them.  :o

Zero tolerance.  >:(
Get rid of the bagging & put downs.
Ban the bad eggs and retain the good ones.

Yours Truly

Jock AKA "The Forum Nazi"  :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:17:49 am by IT490K »

Mick

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 12:43:25 am »
I agree with some of what has been said here and one thing that stands out for me, is the gutless ones that bag someone out with there own agenda and bullshit on the open forum for all to read on any bike forum's , I say if you have got something to say to them, then have the balls to say it to there face or at least keep it off the public forum anything less is weak.

Hey Frostype400, if you make it to Broadford we should get as many PE 400 owners as we can together for a photo.

Cheers Mick.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:28:52 am by Mick »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:26 am »
i agree. Why cant we all just get along and be friends? sometimes all the fuss that goes on here is typical of a bunch of high school girls back stabbing and bitching.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:57:41 am by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:45 am »
nothing, but i dont expect a bunch of blokes into old dirt bikes to carry on the same way :)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

All Things 414

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 07:27:07 am »
Farkin Beauty, did it agin eh Ross?!,  someone doing their best to join in the community and share what knowledge they have, (be it techincal or basic some people do come here to learn!) only to be heckled and taunted out of the joint :-\.......................

Yeah. No worries fella. There goes that band-wagon 74. Better hurry and hop on it!
We used to have a bit of fun on here. People still used to learn stuff, have a laugh and be cool. Now, it's becoming so politically correct and mundane that I nearly nod off whilst reading half the stuff (or some guy banging on all the time about how much money he's got, sound familiar?)
Ji. Harden up you girl.
74. Do something constructive with your fist and your backside fella.  ;)

Doc

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 08:29:19 am »
I dunno, I've been a member here for over 4 years and there is definately a change in the forum imput. I left the forum to contemplate the whole deal (idiot factor inclusive) and if my time would be better served elsewhere. It's a great site and a lot of hard work and time has been put into it over the years by many so I made the decission to ignore or block the little pests who annoy me and get on with things. It really is that simple ;)

Ji Gantor

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 09:35:22 am »
Hallow Fellow Members,
When I sat down in front of my keyboard this morning I was not looking forward to removing ever post I have ever made. But when I checked my emails I discovered something that made my Old Man Leather feel young again.

A Hundred Yellow Ribbons Tied Around The Old Oak Tree.

The emails and PMs are overwhelming !
It appears that every body but Barack Obama  would like me to reconsider.
Talk about Golden Handcuffs.

To my newly found extended family THANKS ( hang on there is something in my eye, sniff that's better )

I did not start this topic lightly nor was I thinking of a dramatical exit.
If you want to see how thick your hide is start posting lots of tech topics, simple or hard core.
You don't get one attack and jump ship, for some past legend members they had to deal with constant attacks year after year until they were like an old neglected bike Worn Out. Combine this with personal, work and bikes not getting fixed issues and may be you can understand why they leave. The members that spend a lot of time working on their topics are not getting paid to entertain or inform you, they do it to put something back into something they love and if that love turns to rust they go. Ask yourself this if I treated my wife or partner like I treated my fellow members of this forum would they be happy with me. We have all lived our lives without this forum up till 2007 and I know there will be life without it.

I have to thank the member that sparked this topic as he has lead me to discover something more important than motorcycles a branch of my family tree that I did not know existed, but I have to thank all those that have shown their support for me even more.
I will thank each and every one of you privately but it will take some time.

For Better Or Worse I will stay.
God Bless

Ji Gantor

PS; It is not to late Barack

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 10:01:23 am »
Glad to see you reconsider Ji. Sure there can be some crap floating around, and there's no shortage of people willing to have a snipe, but hey! It's just words on a page. I've copped plenty over the years I've been running the site and have learned to let it all just wash off my back. A thick skin does help, I guess. But it's true, we have one big vintage MX family here, with all that entails. The good, the bad, and the ugly. It'd be a bit dull if it were ALL sunshine and roses, after all. As for Jock's suggestion, yes I do take the point. But equally, OzVMX has something like 2.5 times the number of members, so the diversity is probably greater. I still prefer a more relaxed approach and to try to manage the balance within that.

Welcome back, Ji!

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:38 am »
OzVMX is the only website that i go to religiously nearly first thing every morning when i get in to work (spoilt i know), and has been for the last what four years or so.  i'm here for the long run, even if i don't contribute all that often.  flaming will always happen in any online forum, but i just note it and move on, check other threads, there's always something good coming up.

the other daily is of course ebay.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:35 pm »
Yeerrrr All hail ebay !!!!!!   :D

There's One for you, poor old ebay cop's some crap on here, but without it where would you ? YOu'd be a shit load poorer and only sporting half a bike i reckon.  ;)

Poor old ebay.    i love you if they dont :-*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:12:22 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Doc

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 01:42:45 pm »
Actually Ji, the forum has been in action since about late 2004 if I'm correct ;) always had my old bikes but I had no idea VMX even existed until I joined this group on the 5th February 2005 and I ain't about to leave regardless of any peer pressure or inane postings :P ;D

magoo

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 04:53:21 pm »
I've held off as long as I can with this crap. What a bunch of drama queens. Up until the last few weeks, I thought my 13 year old daughter was the best, but some of you blokes leave her for dead.
If someone or something gives you the shits, do something about it and move on. I've copped plenty of shit on this forum over the years, some deserved, some not, it's just a reflection of my life and my personality. I just spent the weekend with the infamous Evil Rudy and not a better bloke you'll meet (though the prick, along with Rossco400, tried set me up on Saturday night). Not a month ago he had some of you blokes crying yourselves to sleep because some guys take life so seriously.
I've backed off big time with my posts as well because there are some guys I just can't tolerate with the inane drivel that they type, CONSTANTLY, but I'm not about to make some huge announcement to the world that I'm leaving and I hate the world, but secretly checking the forum as a guest to see what everyone is saying about me. Who cares.
As my mate Simon Townsend used to say "the world really is wonderful"

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 07:25:38 pm »
I am like others - OZVMX is an addiction for me (ask the IT guy at work). However whilst I have made many friends here and met people at various meets I also keep it at a distance - if somebody pisses me off the written word can often be misconstrued so I don't read much into it - also I don't take anything personally.  Even that rude bastard Magoo offering to supply me with 2 joined kidney belts!!!!!

Life is too short - worry about big issues and remember there aren't any.

:D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica