Author Topic: Fare Well  (Read 5787 times)

Ji Gantor

Fare Well
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:24:10 pm »
Due to 390 Ross I have decided that this is my final posting.

Thanks to those members that have been supportive.

Tomorrow I will clean out my locker.

Ji

IT490K

Re: Fare Well
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 06:28:56 pm »
I haven't been on here very long at all but it seems that members are
leaving the community on a regular basis ???

Why are people retiring from the forum? :-\

Rosco400

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:46:05 pm »

Old age :-X lower tolerance factor :-\ quality of content/input  :-[ shed time 8) personality conflicts :-* global warming ;)

mx250

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:55:51 pm »

Oh dear here we go again

Yamaha IT

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:57:48 pm »
Jock they are going to your website thats why  ;D

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 08:29:24 pm »
Farkin Beauty, did it agin eh Ross?!,  someone doing their best to join in the community and share what knowledge they have, (be it techincal or basic some people do come here to learn!) only to be heckled and taunted out of the joint :-\.......................
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:31:01 pm by E74 »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 08:40:24 pm »
I haven't been on here very long at all but it seems that members are
leaving the community on a regular basis ???

Its just some like to make dramatic exits,  :D

on a lighter note though, personally i think its prity poor form to blame someone else and admittedly im not sure what triggered the knickers to knot, but the going about it leaves a lot to be desired.

if you going to take a break or leave, i dont really think its somthing that you need to song and dance about, and so help me if this turns into a 5 page wa.... wa and 3rd person absent person discusions im going to puke......

the door is always open for anyone to come and go, but the runaway kid thing i feel is getting old, im too old to chase you down the street.  So if it gets cold and lonely out there, in the big bad world with all those red riders, please come back and play with us.

if not thanks for taking the time to post.  

then again if hes not here why am i bothing to post this ?  ::) its that stupid 3rd person absent thing again. >:(

OK make it easy.... cya :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:44:25 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

albrid-3

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 09:02:47 pm »
why is everybody so thin skin, am l missing something.

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:27 pm »
your input and knowledge will be missed ....been nice chatting with you . See you on the start line  ;)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:10:23 pm »
Hey Ji, I posted a question in your scrutineering thread but now you've gone?
I'm asking what's your race number? I'm dropping into Kerry on Sunday, thought I'd say gidday.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

colmoody

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 09:26:48 pm »
albrid-3 you got that right when you said why is everybody so thin skin. Other than the fact that a lot on this forum are I have no idea why. Like most here I have enjoyed Firko's and the Gantor blokes input most of the time and like most am sorry to see them go (take a break, whatever, but come back soon) but please dont anybody here use that personal attack rubbish to grand stand your exit.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:15 pm »
you would not think 1 person not contributing to the forum would in any affect you but i think it is a shame that we lost Firko and Ji obviously people have various states of knowledge im 16 and i wouldnt know a patch of some of stuff someone like Firko would and i enjoy looking at this site and reading interesting facts like how what why who when i dont know what has caused them to leave but i hope they can come back i think 99.99 percent of people on here are good people so i hope Firko and Ji will reconsider because there are so many different things one person can know and i dont think there is any reason anyone should be fired at for making a post or point that you think sounds stupid because we are all at differing levels of knowledge i dont worry if i have an argument with any forum member i dont like or want to but if even 1 person finds your posts valuable its worth staying and sharing your knowledge thanks Michael
1971 tm400 and PE's

mx250

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »
albrid-3 you got that right when you said why is everybody so thin skin. Other than the fact that a lot on this forum are I have no idea why. Like most here I have enjoyed Firko's and the Gantor blokes input most of the time and like most am sorry to see them go (take a break, whatever, but come back soon) but please dont anybody here use that personal attack rubbish to grand stand your exit.

I'm with you. I'm more than a little perplexed about it all. I don't see anything that is particular upsetting and rarely anything I would consider a personal attack.

I hear people including Firko make various laments about some perceived drop in standards but I'm been here more than two years and I can't pick any big differences - that probably makes me part of the problem ::).

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »
Sorry to see another contributer gone.Looking forward to catching up on raceday but!!

colmoody

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 10:15:02 pm »
Frostype-400, 16 years old you say. This forum is in good hands I say.