Author Topic: Do you own a road bike as well?  (Read 14716 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Do you own a road bike as well?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2009, 07:05:01 am »
Suzuki Boulevarde M109R, 1800 v twin cruiser, they claim largest diameter pistons placed in car or bike at 1200mil, fuel injected, largest stock tyre placed on a Suzuki a 240 and yes I'm compensating for something.

Only problem was that when i bought it "she who will be obeyed" made me by blue tooth intercom.  now when i happen to be looking in the wrong directions, instead of the occassional headbutt she talks to me!!!ggggggrrrrrrrrrr!!

barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2009, 10:40:13 am »
..."she who will be obeyed" made me by blue tooth intercom.... instead of the occassional headbutt she talks to me!!!ggggggrrrrrrrrrr!!

Are you serious?! What were you thinking?!!  ??? ::) >:(
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2009, 12:32:55 pm »
The idea of a bike is you dont have talk to the pillion

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 04:23:59 pm »
The idea of a bike is you dont have talk to the pillion

or better yet don't have one, both of mine are solos
formerly Marc.com

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 08:59:27 pm »

This is my Ducati S2 Mille , which is one of the last Dukes to use the bevel motor. From what I have read, Ducati only built 161 of the 1000cc S2 model (& 55 of them came to Australia) . I might be a bit biased , but I don't think anything in the motorcycling world compares to the exhaust note of a bevel Ducati with a set of Conti style mufflers (& the 1000cc motors have a little bit more thump about them as well). I prefer the note even over, say, a 916 with a set of Termignoni carbon fibre mufflers. 

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 12:40:26 am »
what the Mille does have is a plain bearing crank which eliminated one of the bevel drives weakness. They got the rest when the big belt drive motor was built.
formerly Marc.com

ChrisACT

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:11 am »
My new bike.

It's a work in progress.  The seat, tank, headlight and pipe are photoshopped.  The rest is real.

Can anyone guess what it is?   ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:17:19 pm by ChrisACT »

Quicksilver

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2009, 02:27:52 pm »
Nice Harleys. :)
Mine still in build process. She's a 1926 J model 1000cc. My road bike and daily ride is Honda 750/four with 42000km on the clock. Nice old bike that rides well.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:30:15 pm by Quicksilver »

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2009, 04:02:24 pm »
Bit of work still to do on the Harley.  :)
Love the 754.....bought a spanking new K6 way back then, that one of yours must be around that vintage?

Quicksilver

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 09:14:44 am »
Bit of work still to do on the Harley.  :)
Love the 754.....bought a spanking new K6 way back then, that one of yours must be around that vintage?

Yup a little bit to do on the old Harley. Tanks, guards, battery box and primary covers I have brand new sitting in boxes.  ;D ;D. Toyota pistons are the go for engine.  ;). New crank pin and rod bearings found and purchased, waiting to be fitted. Carby is being a bit difficult to find. If you think I have a job ahead of me know you should see what I started with 6 months ago  :o Just frame and few bits, no mechanical parts at all.

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 10:16:21 am »
It looks like the diversity of road bikes owned is just as wide as the dirt bikes.

Being a bit of a 500 Yamaha nut, obviously I have a few (six) Yamaha SR500s in my collection.  The orange cafe racer is my original SR (a 1978 E model), which I bought in 1980 and has been through many years of abuse and modifications since. The red one is my “stockie” which I built in 1998 out of bits that I had collected over the years, it changes colour regularly as I have three sets of bodywork, red, black and purple for it.

This is another of my SR500s that was built to run in the DLRA speed trials at Lake Gairdiner. So far I haven’t run it and it is currently undergoing further modifications.

I also have a small collection of early 1960’s Hondas, the 1964 S90 Sports is probably one of the most fun bikes that I have ever ridden on the road and I have cut some very slow laps of Phillip Island on the 1962 C72 Dream. I also have another 2 Dreams and a C102 Super Cub buried in the shed awaiting my time.

Probably the biggest shame of having over 50 bikes is that my 1949 Matchless G80 has been sitting gathering dust for the last few years.

Other roadbikes tucked away gathering dust in the shed are my 1978 Yammie XS1100 sidecar and two 1974 Cossack K650s.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2009, 11:06:37 am »
The good bikes just keep on coming !!!

For what it's worth it seems that in the main we seem to favour older bikes or bike with an older heritage?

The Duke Mille engine was the best bevel V-twin built in my humble opinion. You can set them up so they don't make any mechanical noise at and they totally reliable, although still suffer from the one hassle all early desmos have which is having to shim the heads which is generally more costly.

That old J will be one nice ride once it's done to quicksilver.

Good to see em all

Dave Mac  :D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

mx250

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:18 am »

Beautiful ;) 8) ;D.

A nice collection Col. Love the S600 8).

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 07:47:37 pm »
The 500 cafe job looks terrific! as does the Matchless. Excellent bikes coming out of the woodwork. 8)
First time I've seen an S600 for a long while.
Used to have one meself ;D You'll have to excuse the monorail...I already have these pics joined elsewhere. ::)

Offline jhovel

• C-Grade
  • Joe near Bendigo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 11:26:39 pm »
I just read the new licensing regs and VicRoad will include this little test in the new license requirements for bikes over LAMS - so if you wnat to ride a bike with higher power-to-weight ratio than LAMS allows, you have to complete this test, just like you have to in Japan for bikes over 400cc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcVUgKLzkr0
Joe near Bendigo
SL175, SL70, XL250S, CT110 collecting bits....