Poll

Regarding allowing pre-90 racing:

I am a HEAVEN member and think it is a good idea.
18 (17.3%)
I am a HEAVEN member and I don't have a strong opinion.
3 (2.9%)
I am a HEAVEN member and I don't like it.
27 (26%)
I'm not a HEAVEN member, but I think it's a good idea.
37 (35.6%)
I'm not a HEAVEN member, but I think it is a bad idea
19 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Pre-90 for HEAVEN?  (Read 55561 times)

Palooka#29

Re: Pre-90 for HEAVEN?
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2010, 07:21:20 pm »
Sugar's done his homework unlike those who changed it back in (2007?).

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
Guys,
Do you feel that this is the right place to discuss the clubs politics?
Dan

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure internal politics should be aired here, especially once people start throwing claims around. Last time we had a surge of this stuff it had a negative effect on the club, not to mention a nearly negative impact on this very website.

General discussion around the issue is fine, but maybe discretion is the better option concerning the finer details. Plus, does everyone else really want to know so much about a NSW club's processes?

Shame there's no forum for members on the HEAVEN site.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2010, 07:56:34 pm »
Those two or three semi modern bullies are breed of their own .  :(   Why does the comitee renew their membership , they are nothing  but trouble  ?  If the trend is so big as they claim , a new club  ,geared for semi moderns could be formed in no time and everyone would be at peace .  ??? ??? ??? ???

Walter I am not sure where you are getting your information from...but I can guess  ;) franchising is a wonderful thing isn't it?

I do know that there is more than two or three semi modern bullies who may or may not be "a breed of their own" and it is not entirely up to the comitee (sic) to renew their membership.

Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:02:42 pm by Sugar »

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 08:15:36 pm »
Guys,
Do you feel that this is the right place to discuss the clubs politics?
Dan

Dan agree 100%.

However when people from say...South Australia...feel that they have some input then I think it has grown wider than an internal issue.

As a HEAVEN member I would just like to know why my club firstly opposed a National proposal and secondly one that, as a member, I was not asked about or as far as I can discern was not presented the wider committee?

Simple answers to this either through this forum or if preferable via email. [email protected] would be greatly appreciated. You also have my mobile number.

Cheers
Shaun

montynut

« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 08:19:50 pm »
i am not a member of heaven or have i seen their constition but if there is a clause in it that said that they will only support up to pre 85 class them pre 90 would be against their constition so that maybe why the committee responded that way.remember that you as a member voted the committee in.a committee has and will make decision on behalf and in the intrests of the club and it`s members.power in the wrong hands?

The basic history:
The constitution originally said that the club was for racing bikes 15 years and older.
Any time Pre-90 racing was discussed, it was dismissed off-hand.
Twistandshout took steps to put it on the agenda in late 2007(?).
Instead, a very superficial, very one-sided 'discussion' took place and instead the constitution was changed to lock in pre-85 as the newest era.
There's been murmurs about putting the concept back on the table for at least 12 months (in an informal setting, Magoo spoke quite thoughtfully & logically about it at Canowindra last year, particularly).
Sugar has done the homework and is going through the steps to have the constitution changed again (which is a rather long-winded process), so that the specific concept of pre-90 racing is worth discussing. Whether you agree with him or not, he's played 100% by the rules, and not hidden any cards under the table.

Surely Nathan you mean that Sugar is moving to have a motion put to the members for consideration to change the Clubs Constitution. Not he is changing the Constitution.

You are correct to say that he along with the other signatories to the special meeting requisition have exercised ther democratic right to put a motion to the membership. I'm not sure what you mean by home work as it is all there in black and white for any mamber to access. I implore you, Sugar and all the other Heaven members to please leave debate for our meeting not on this Forum.

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »
Shaun,
Message sent. Cheers.
Dan

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 08:44:21 pm »
Hey Dan,

Message sent back.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 09:03:07 pm »
Salami??? ... Seriously ????

montynut

« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »
A metaphor possibly ::)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:53 pm »
Surely Nathan you mean that Sugar is moving to have a motion put to the members for consideration to change the Clubs Constitution. Not he is changing the Constitution.

Sorry Sir Humphrey... ;D
I said: "Sugar has done the homework and is going through the steps to have the constitution changed again".
This is the first step, and its not fait acompli, but it is a lot more than forum ramblings and it sure isn't about trying to ambush the club!

I posted up a broad outline of what happened, because the re-writing of the club's history ('The constitution has always been about pre-85', and 'the club was originally about pre-75' etc) and the blatant mis-information about the process are misleading (at best).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2010, 09:54:12 pm »

Please enlighten me Monty....Salami is a metaphor for what exactly????

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
A point of reference, from VMX mag, Issue #6, 1999:

The full piece:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/annaandnathan/Bikestuff/DSCN1223.jpg

I'm fairly sure I've got something from Dirt Action or ADB which is much more specific about HEAVEN being more about the later eras. Will look when I've got time.

Regardless, its clear that from inception, the club was about being progressive.
So - right here and now - can we kill the fabrication that Evo/Pre-85 have somehow muscled their way into a previously purist pre-75 club?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:11:37 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

montynut

« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »

Please enlighten me Monty....Salami is a metaphor for what exactly????

If you read his post and you are unable to work it out well I'm not going to try very hard to explain it. Think slicing the Heaven cake too thinly will mean the whole thing disappears into crumbs and no one gets any heaven cake.

Probably see both you and Nathan on the weekend. I think Nathan is somehow mixed up who is Sir Humphrey but then again in the fullness of time and considering all possibilities, alternatives and permutations we can do nothing.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:52 pm »
Probably see both you and Nathan on the weekend. I think Nathan is somehow mixed up who is Sir Humphrey but then again in the fullness of time and considering all possibilities, alternatives and permutations we can do nothing.

:D

Its adding another piece to the cake, not slicing it more thinly.