Poll

Regarding allowing pre-90 racing:

I am a HEAVEN member and think it is a good idea.
18 (17.3%)
I am a HEAVEN member and I don't have a strong opinion.
3 (2.9%)
I am a HEAVEN member and I don't like it.
27 (26%)
I'm not a HEAVEN member, but I think it's a good idea.
37 (35.6%)
I'm not a HEAVEN member, but I think it is a bad idea
19 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Pre-90 for HEAVEN?  (Read 55576 times)

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-90 for HEAVEN?
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »
Check your emails today, It is a special  general request meeting as put forward by several current members to discuss changes to the constitution that have previously been changed to exclude certain classes. Dont think its a vote but if youve got something to say. come on down and be civilised 8)

It ought to be interesting to say the least, dont think its anything detrimental to the club tho ;)
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2010, 08:53:58 pm »
The year cut-offs are designed to reflect technology cut-offs - but they obviously don't do this perfectly.

With the benefit of hindsight, all of the classes should be defined by the technology of the era.
Eg: The class we call "Pre-75" should be open to all bikes that originally came with (and still have!) two SLS drum brakes, air cooling, twin shocks, less than 7/4" of suspension and 35mm or thinner forks.
It might sound like a radical move, but it really isn't.

Evo being defined by technology works beautifully in isolation, but it creates some messiness when the other eras are on specific year cut-offs (plus the occasional carry-over model, of course).

So there is a good argument that pre-85 should actually be about bikes that came with (and still have) a rear drum brake (for example).

Of course, the problem is that people have bought/built pre-85 bikes...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2010, 09:25:48 pm »
If there was a pre 80 class then I'd be happy, and it would be consistent with all the other rules.

Now that's a novel idea!
 ;)
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2010, 10:34:07 pm »
Besides the pre 85 class it would be good to see a 80-84 twinshock only class (no single shocks converted to twin though) Then the twinshocks of that era can compete against the same era bikes rather than pre 80 bikes, but it will never happen i know.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2010, 05:29:55 am »
Check your emails today, It is a special  general request meeting as put forward by several current members to discuss changes to the constitution that have previously been changed to exclude certain classes. Dont think its a vote but if youve got something to say. come on down and be civilised 8)

It ought to be interesting to say the least, dont think its anything detrimental to the club tho ;)

Oh okay I know about the "general meeting" that has been scheduled however this does not meet the guidelines in the constitution that pertain to the motion that has been put forward in our request for a "special general meeting" as the motion asks to consider a change to the constitution.

I can assure you that I will be civilised  :)

And your right it is not detrimental to the club in fact, if the changes are made, will go a long way to ensure the club's future.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2010, 07:11:51 am »
dont forget guys, votes on consitution must take place at the AGM

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2010, 07:21:36 am »
Sorry Trev but not according to the HEAVEN constitution.
Cheers
Shaun

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2010, 09:17:41 am »
goodluck anyway guys, it's great to see memmbers active in their clubs and at least being heard.

cheers trev

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2010, 09:27:02 am »
goodluck anyway guys, it's great to see memmbers active in their clubs and at least being heard.

cheers trev

Trev, check your PMs. Unrelated mater. URGENT Mick.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:33:47 am by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

211kawasaki

« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2010, 10:30:07 am »

Heaven rejected Pre 90 just this year in a formal submission to MA.

Pre 90 was put forward as an inclusion to the GCRs to afford the "split" some more meat in a "post classic" formula. The same was done for the other inclusions. That Heven rejected the proposal without any real rationale was a suprise as I was always of the understanding that the club was more on the newer side of VMX rather that an outright rejection of progressing forward with new classes.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2010, 04:31:58 pm »
Dave

I am a bit confused regarding this.

As a member of HEAVEN I have not been made aware of any proposal let alone been asked whether I would support it or not. Furthermore I have spoken to members of the committee and they have told me they knew nothing of any rejection to a proposal.

As Commissioner are you able to shed any light on who may be speaking on the members and committees behalf without their knowledge?

Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:36:37 pm by Sugar »

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2010, 05:45:29 pm »
i am not a member of heaven or have i seen their constition but if there is a clause in it that said that they will only support up to pre 85 class them pre 90 would be against their constition so that maybe why the committee responded that way.remember that you as a member voted the committee in.a committee has and will make decision on behalf and in the intrests of the club and it`s members.power in the wrong hands?

All Things 414

« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2010, 05:49:17 pm »
I can feel a.....

.........coming on.......

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2010, 06:05:18 pm »
i am not a member of heaven or have i seen their constition but if there is a clause in it that said that they will only support up to pre 85 class them pre 90 would be against their constition so that maybe why the committee responded that way.remember that you as a member voted the committee in.a committee has and will make decision on behalf and in the intrests of the club and it`s members.power in the wrong hands?

All well and good mate but there are two senior members of the committee that have told us they know nothing about this!

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2010, 07:02:33 pm »

The basic history:
The constitution originally said that the club was for racing bikes 15 years and older.
Any time Pre-90 racing was discussed, it was dismissed off-hand.
Twistandshout took steps to put it on the agenda in late 2007(?).
Instead, a very superficial, very one-sided 'discussion' took place and instead the constitution was changed to lock in pre-85 as the newest era.
There's been murmurs about putting the concept back on the table for at least 12 months (in an informal setting, Magoo spoke quite thoughtfully & logically about it at Canowindra last year, particularly).
Sugar has done the homework and is going through the steps to have the constitution changed again (which is a rather long-winded process), so that the specific concept of pre-90 racing is worth discussing. Whether you agree with him or not, he's played 100% by the rules, and not hidden any cards under the table.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.