Author Topic: wagga dirt track nats  (Read 31938 times)

oz555ktm

Re: wagga dirt track nats
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2007, 11:36:42 pm »
You all will have a lot of Fun in Wagga .

I am From Leeton not far a way .

Look out for the Azaparty brothers on TT 500cc and two more Brothers or Inlaw on tt 500cc as well.

And a Young guy a 1973 Honda cr 125 .

well Have Fun ..

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2007, 06:16:46 am »
Yep, those guys have all entered. And we all know how fast you can get an XL or TT500 round a dirt track... You'll be missing a good one Dennis. Hope the Evo Challenge goes well too. I would definitely have liked to do that too, the big 500 would love that track. Can't get to em all...

firko

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2007, 09:49:45 am »
We discovered late last night that Alan Jones entry hadn't been recieved by Wagga club so I sent off a quick pair of emails to both Lindsay and Jodi at the club. By 9AM everything had been sorted in a friendly and efficient way. You couldn't ask for better service from a club.

Looking at the entry list there are plenty of good, fast guys there. One bolter is Peter Lee from Griffith on his CB/SL 350 Honda twin. Don't laugh, Peter and the bike are seriously, seriously  quick.  This should be a good meet, I'm really looking forward to it...............
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:15:17 pm by firko »

211kawasaki

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »
Watch out for Glen Evans on the Matchy, seriously quick.

firko

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:54 pm »
Although pre 68 is low on numbers, the quality's there for some good racing. Black Betty's not on the list but will be racing and John Selva is real quick on his deceptive Ariel. People might not realise it but Glen Evans is the son of Col Evans who rode the World Championship GPs with Roy East back in the sixties and is riding the very Matchless Metisse his dad raced back then as well as his own Jawa Metisse in pre 70.
Get ready for a few rowdy Klub Kevlar Margaritas on Friday night Dave. AJ and I owe you big time for you know what.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:06:08 pm by firko »

Devilman

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2007, 03:50:56 am »
Ok now I'm starting to get toey. I'm good to at least start; Pre75 125 (My bro too)
                                                                                Pre77 125
                                                                                EVO 250 (My bro evo open)

wow 3 classess. Lets see ifn we can't manage to bring home at least 1 working machine this time. If the bikes still going at the end there'll be some kind of trophey, for sure !! Possitivity is 2 things; Underated & begins at home. LOL

Can't wait C U all at the races ;) 

colmoody

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2007, 08:01:18 pm »
Howdy all,

Have just had a brief look at the final instructions for the Wagga Dirt track Nats and am a little confused.

Particularly pre 75 classes.

I think I read that a 70 year old on a 250 xyz will be competing against a 20 year old on a 250 xyz for a class
win.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as most of the time I am.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 08:34:57 pm »
Nope, I think that's right. Due to low entry numbers, there is one Pre 75 class per capacity. So, ONE Pre 75 125 class, ONE Pre 75 250 class and so on. And yes, a 70 year old rider will be racing against any 20 year old who cares to ride. A shame, as I was hoping for a 47 YO Pre 75 Suzuki 125 class, but there ya go...

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2007, 07:37:07 pm »
Hmmm... fine sunny and 31 for Saturday. Might make it a bit hot through the day but the night time racing should go down a treat! Looking good for a great day's racing - good to hear there are some fast boys riding, it'll be well worth watching. Sounds like I'm going to get a good look at the arse end of a few bikes in the Pre 75 125s too  :D

I haven't been to a DT since Moruya in February, and I think this is probably the first big vintage DT I've been to since a Nepean/Heaven round in about 2001. Shame there wasn't a better rollup as the age classes would have made things interesting, and not having some championship classes is a bit of a downer, but it should still be a top event.

I hope to have a few pics to show come Sunday night.

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2007, 01:56:41 pm »
Well done to all the guys at Wagga.They put on a great meeting, it was a blast, Thanks to Klub Kevlar and all the boys Les, Rob,Firko,Frank,Bernie,AJ,Magoo,Jake,Ed, it was great catching up with them. AJ was like lightning on Black Betty and his slider. Just a Great Day.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:22:25 am by 67husky »
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

magoo

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2007, 03:45:33 pm »
Couldn't agree more 67Husky. The track was absolutely fantastic, the comeradrie was as good as it gets, racing Saturday and home by lunchtime Sunday. It doesn't get better than that. If only we can get a few more riders to turn up this could be perfection. Not a bad turnout but not enough to run age classes which was a bit of a pity. To Pete, Firko, Frank, Jonesy, Bernie, Jake, Fast Eddie and all the others that made this weekend so much fun, thanks. I'm definately a Dirt Track convert from now on.

firko

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2007, 07:11:04 pm »
Fun was the key word at Wagga. It was a stinking hot day and the flies were your worst nightmare,  but the folks at the Wagga club put on an incredibly slick and free flowing meeting. Even though the quanity of entries was a little below what organiser Dave Foster had hoped for, the quality of the fields was as good as you'd get anywhere. The meeting was supposed to be a day/night meeting but the lower entry numbers prevented the running of age groups so, with  the slick race schedule and lack of meeting stoppages, the entire meet was finished by late afternoon. The racing was close and hard fought in every class and therew were no major accidents.

The star of the meeting was Klub Kevlars own Alan Jones with wins in the Open Slider class and pre 68 on the legendary Black Betty. Magoo, Suzuki 211, Cozzie, Graeme M, Yamaboy, Willybuilt Mark Austin and other forum members had a good day on the track while the Klub Kevlar Pavillion became Bench Race Central.

Jonsey kicked butt on both Black Betty (shown) and his trick Jawa Long Tracker despite tough opposition in both classes.

Thanks to Magoo, Jonsey, Frank, Pete, Dave T, Les R, Edgar, Jake, Bernie Mark and the passing parade of visitors that made Kamp Kevlar such a hoot. Thanks to Jake for the BBQ at his place featuring the best steak I've had in years, Dave Tanner for bringing my Ducati Hindall down from the Gold Coast, Pete for the Kozel Lager and for bringing the Ducati back to Sydney for me, Les Richters for finishing the preparation and riding my old Maico. All of these folks and more helped to create a cameraderie that was as enjoyable as any I've ever had at a race meeting. 

Les Richters parks his 250 Maico while Bernie Ellis manouvres Firkos Maico into its parking bay at Kamp Kevlar.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 07:20:32 pm by firko »

Offline jake57

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2007, 07:26:37 pm »
hi firko
after a good feed of steak , my membership to klub kevlar must look good.
jake

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2007, 09:29:34 pm »
Hi fella's,
I'm new to this forum thing, I have been following your comments proir to the titles & enjoyed the reading. Wagga run a great meeting on a WELL prepared track the club members deserve a huge congratulations for the effort they put in.
Talking with some of the other riders we should approach MA with a submission to run an allpowers age group title race next year which would enable us to all get an extra ride. Especially for the competitors with only one bike if MA drop the one bike one class rule.
Any way fella's keep the rubber down. See ya''s at Tassies next year or Blayney Long Track 3rd Nov.

firko

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2007, 01:02:34 pm »
Good Point Grasy. The one bike one class rule frustrated a lot of competitors at Wagga. It was especially disapointing for those with only one bike. That and a few other silly rules need to be addressed before next years VMX and VDT Nats.
It was good to see you and the other Griffith boys at Wagga. It's been too long since we've seen you guys at a race meeting so hopefully this may be the start of some sort of VDT resurgence, especially in the Riverina.