Author Topic: wagga dirt track nats  (Read 31941 times)

firko

Re: wagga dirt track nats
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 10:39:35 am »
 Klub Kevlar will be there early Friday evening. I'm bringing my Maico 350 for Les Richters to ride as well as his own 250 Maico. Peter Andrews has Magoo on board his Husky and Jonsey is bringing the freshly hotted up Black Betty and his super fast Jawa Longtracker. Most of us and our support staff are staying at the Australian Homestead motel where we will be enjoying a few poolside cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the Friday evening prior to the event.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT YOUR ENTRY IN YET, DO IT NOW!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:11:06 pm by firko »

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
My entry is in, what a good range of classes! being able to ride my Pre 85 bike as well certainly made the trip from Coffs Harbour a more worthwhile journey. For anyone who hasn’t raced under lights before you are in for a treat because it really does add to the excitement. I am racing a Can Am in the 40-49 yrs pre 75 250’s and if I can overcome my fear I may be brave enough to twist the throttle on my ‘83’ KX 500 which I haven’t touched since it bit me in practice at the Coffs dirt track earlier this year.
83 KX500, 83 RM250D, Can Am MX2.

no.13

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 05:05:10 pm »
Hey Magoo I love the way your slowly coming over to the DARK SIDE. Or maybe your just coming out of the closet.Be good to catch up with you guys again at Wagga.

magoo

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 05:19:04 pm »
Hey Donnie, I came out of the closet years ago. I'll be riding the full Factory spec, Andrews Racing Team, Husky 400 in the pre '75 open class. Should be fun. My entry went today.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 08:15:46 am »
We've reached closing date and I've no doubt there are still entries in the mail. But how'd we scrub up at this stage?

211kawasaki

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2007, 07:26:42 pm »
Anyone heard any news??

don't want to spend all weekend preparing bikes and changing tires if shes called off!! :o

Tanner

firko

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 10:38:44 pm »
I rang Dave Foster today but he's on holidays. The guy who answered the phone told me he'd get Daves son Lindsay to call me back but the all never came. I'll try again tomorrow.

fozzy212

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2007, 08:27:52 am »
sorry firko, the young bloke at work left out a digit in your number so i couldn call back. at the moment we have roughly 60 riders entered, and more trickling in every morning. but most classes are pretty full due to guys riding 2-3 bikes, so at this stage its 100% going ahead.

firko

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 08:52:04 am »
Sixty riders is a disapointment. I would have expected a minimum of eighty. If anybody is sitting back still undecided as to what to do, Lindsay has indicated that the club is keeping the entries open for another week. No matter what, those who are going will have a great time. I only wish that the new generation of vintage enthusiasts could show the committment to the sports premier meetings that the original racers did. Like I said earlier, this event would have been a sell out ten years ago.

After this meeting is over I feel that we need to look very hard at the machinations involved with both running and entering major meetings. Political correctness prevents me from commenting right now but from conversations I've had over the last few weeks I reckon that if something isn't done at a number of different levels, the whole Australian and State vintage title system is knackered.

211kawasaki

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 10:32:47 am »
Mark
why dont we have the Sat night meeting like we used to in the old days of VMX, I think the last one we had was Cherabar in 95 ? I feel that a discussion forum of the gathered riders is positive in a number of ways, what do you think guys

tanner

firko

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:09 am »
Weren't those meetings fiery little get togethers Dave?! In theory it's a great idea which gives you a good idea of what the punters feel, not unlike a union meeting giving management an idea of the feelings on the shop floor. Unfortunately Dave, as I'm sure you remember, the meetings were eventually dominated by pissed up knowalls and single issue bores who wanted to take control of the meeting. Another problem for Wagga would be the minor detail of the meeting being a Saturday event! It mightn't be a bad idea to have an informal chat on Friday night at the motel if we get there at a reasonable time. There are definitely things that need to be sorted before too long.

no.13

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2007, 11:40:39 am »
Dave dont know what Firko has in mind but am more than willing to give Coffs view piont in any constructive way possible. Our Club is also viewing Waggas efforts with interest as we may in the future put our hand up for this event but we need for this to be  happening better from all levels especially the riders.After talking to Wagga they are still getting riders ringing up now saying they havnt yet entered because they heard the numbers were down and it may not have gone ahead. Well jee whiz if you dont enter early you put the event in jepardy for the poor Club relying on getting the numbers to even run the event ,so I think that line of thinking is not helping secure these events for ourselves.

firko

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 12:31:49 pm »
I just recieved the following email from the Wagga Club. It may help somebody. Be warned though. MA can be a little slow processing these licences so get into it right away. I believe someone else touched on the subject earlier in this thread.

Please find attached the Additional Supplementary Regulations for Australian Classic Dirt Track Championships  to be held at Yarragundry Park Wagga Wagga on Saturday 20th October 2007.

Motorcycling Australian have given permission to allow one day event licences for this event. Competitors requiring a Senior One Meeting Licence for this meeting will need to make immediate application. 

Cost of Licence is $77.00 ..Application form can be downloaded from Motorcycling NSW website  www.motorcycling.com.au.

Place tick in “One Event” on the normal Licence Application form, complete personal details including compulsory Ambulance cover and forward ASAP.

Information also available on Wagga’s Club website www.wwmcsc.com.au 

Thank you

Jodi Quinlivan
WWMCSC Publicity
0417 974 973

211kawasaki

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 03:28:24 pm »
Mark
the log jam with the licenses is MNSW for the one event national license and I agree that there is a real need to do it now if you want one!!!

I do remember those meetings, and your right that they were pretty fired up but I still think the view of the riders is absolute in determining the future of the sport, the question is therefore how do you do it?

Its is very good to see that Wagga is a go its been a long time between drinks for the DT scene and I'm really looking forward to it.

Tanner

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2007, 08:09:07 pm »
So good to hear the event is go. Got the bikes all ready to go, just have to run in the TM. Dunno what to say about the tardy entries, I guess people just aren't as motivated as they should be? At least we should have maybe 70-80 entries by the time the day comes, and with all the classes full we should get a great day's racing out of it.

What's the word on the Pre 85 Support? I note the 1 bike 1 class rule, which I don't quite get. I assume that means you can enter any given bike in only a single class? I wonder if they'll relax that for the Pre 85s - I entered the Husky in Open Evo, but also Pre 85 to try to bolster that class.