Author Topic: wagga dirt track nats  (Read 31937 times)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: wagga dirt track nats
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 09:39:29 pm »
I'm Not going and I'm sure to cop some flak for that,
But I'M pleased It's a Goer ! ,
I have also heard on the grape vine that another  club has already put there hand up for Next year and  If that gets the go ahead I will make sure I am available for that One,
cheers
Noel

Offline Cozzie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2007, 10:51:11 pm »
Any updates on entries?

Mark Austin

Practise at Nepean this Saturday?
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2007, 11:08:51 pm »
Hi lads,
Is anyone planning on a little practice at Nepean this Saturday before the Nats at Wagga?
I though I'd have a quick practice on the Bully's as the last time I rode Dirt Track was Feb 06.
Any takers?? 8)

firko

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2007, 11:30:12 pm »
Here's a long shot but it's worth a go......Does anybody know the Maico 400 gearing needed for Wagga? Failing that, is the track faster than Nepean, West Wyalong or Griffith?  I've got the gearing for those tracks in my book but I've never been to Wagga.  How does 13:52 sound?

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2007, 06:26:53 am »
         Dave Foster reckons the tracks the same as Nepean.

Roger

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2007, 01:44:36 pm »
I can't help with the gearing for a 400 Maico, but have to ask the same question about my TM125. I rode at Nepean once a few years ago on my RM400N and noted it didn't seem to have a long straight, so I am assuming either standard or maybe a couple of teeth off the back would be sufficient for a TM125?

Like Mark I haven't been near a dirt track too often in the past few years and it's my first time on a 125, so I am not expecting to be anywhere near the pointy end, but the right gearing would be a good start!

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2007, 06:45:51 pm »
Hi Graeme,
If it is any help my 77 Cr125 on standard gearing would be on the rev limiter
about 7/8 of the way down the back straight at Nepean,
Cheers
Noel

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2007, 09:10:54 pm »
Thanks Noel, sounds like I'll try one tooth up on the countershaft as a starting point. Given I haven't yet worked out how to get a 125 off the line on stock gearing, I can see my starts might be a bit ummm interesting! I think I was dead last off the line in every race at Canberra. The Husky should be fine, it seems to pull from zero to about 240 on stock gearing...

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:27 pm »
Again if it is any help at Fairburn  MC track I was 1 tooth smaller than standard on
counter shaft.
Cheers
Noel

no.13

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2007, 04:35:44 pm »
Gidday Graham on the RMS I am starting with 14-60 but may have to drop to 14-59 not real sure yet. My Sickman (TMmotor) sits on the line and just before gate drops take it 12000 revs and slip the clutch like all shit, works everytime.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:51 am »
14/59. Stock 125S is 14/64 I think, so that gives, according to my chart, about 8% more speed. My TM stock is 15/61 but I have on there 15/55 which is around 10-11% more. With that it feels too high, very hard to get off the line and sluggish acceleration. Think I'll go 14/55 which should be around 4-5% up on stock. That could be a little short especially with a 5-speed box. Maybe 14/54 would be a better option, but haven't got any other rear sprockets. We'll see how the 14/55 combo works. Mind you, the bigger rear tyre will pull it back a bit too, so the 15 may still work...

no.13

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2007, 10:12:44 am »
Gidday Graeme got caught with gaering issues for a while until we worked out just recently the much bigger dia of the michelin was throwing our calcs out the window.Have got a couple of spare rears with me once I work out what I need you are welcome to borrow the rest.

fozzy212

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2007, 03:34:42 pm »
just to let everyone know that all the final instructions for the meeting have been posted on our website, www.wwmcsc.com.au. and anyone who requested a reply of payment will recieve them soon, as they were mailed today. thanks guys, hope to see you all this weekend.

[admin - just fixed the wagga website URL, should be right now :) ]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:00:41 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2007, 08:59:25 pm »
Great stuff!  All looks good to go, and the weather forecast looks good too. Mind you, just checking the Evo Open entries - three Fosters in a race with 12 entries. Hmmm... And I am assuming a lot of those entries are Wagga riders, who all seem to have a thing for 500cc thumpers - plenty of XLs and TTs in that race.

With each heat being just 3 laps we shouldn't work up much of a sweat either, so it should be some good fast and furious action.

I don't recognise a lot of the names, especially in the Pre 75s. Who are the guns to watch?

Is anyone familiar with the complex there? Is there seating for spectators, especially undercover seating? My brother and son are coming along for moral support although neither is especially into dirtbikes, so I am hoping there are some creature comforts for them. Sadly I don't have a Quikshade or whatever.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2007, 10:30:16 pm »
just checked out the entries and 2 people i know who are good
pre 75 125 Brett chipperfield
pre75  250 Brett chipperfield & Clifford patten
all powers sliders same 2 people.
good luck to all
jimg