Author Topic: Progress Photos  (Read 13223 times)

firko

Re: Progress Photos
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 12:06:18 pm »
Nice bike...pity to get it dirty! Is the pipe chromed or aluminium or ceramic coated?
I need some lessons from Ji Gantor.
Where is Mr Gantor by the way? He seems to have disappeared as quickly as he'd arrived! I actually enjoyed the anally retentive detail of his rebuild posts and picked up a few tips along the way. 8)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 02:23:02 pm »
Not bad for an old bloke! :)

So... Everyone gets to take it for a thrash at CD7?  :D  :P
(Correct asnwer is "F$%k no!", in case there was any doubt)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »
Thanks for the comments boys.  as far as you r comment "I also like the way you have the bar pad facing you so that you can read the "Yamaha" while you're riding goes I think you have the name facing you so you don't forget yourself and try to pass a Maico 490  ;D ;D

Mainline the front and rear guard is NOS J model from Yamaha.  Fits nicely, but now I'm not too sure about the colour.  Obviously it is white ::), but NOS side covers from H model do not match the NOS front and rear Guards  >:( >:(

Looks like I am off to XYZ for the rest of the set.  May as well go for the tank as well as this sanding caper is absolute Bullshit  :o

Firko, the pipe is chromed, which is probably not as good as the ceramic finish, but looks better IMHO.  I was going to leave it as GMC sent it to me, but after it came up with Rusty fingerprints the morning after I opened it in tropical Innisfail I knew I would have to do something to protect it.  Maybe a bit too much bling, but hopefully still tasteful.

Nathan,  It will definitely be a rider.  As Mainline and Doc say whatever happens to it can be fixed with paint and/or money.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 04:31:23 pm »
It is looking great GMC pipe looks very trick as does the whole bike thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline wmc83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »
Looking nice 250H did the muffler come from GMC as well?

mainline

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 07:03:50 pm »
morning after I opened it in tropical Innisfail I knew I would have to do something to protect it

Yeah, you're much better off down here, it's not humid at all in Brissy the last few weeks ;D

May as well go for the tank as well as this sanding caper is absolute Bullshit 

You just need to position yourself closer to the beer fridge while you work. The hours will just fly by.

Is the J guard the same profile as the H? a mate picked up a Concourse plastics F guard and it doesn't work at all.

ted

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 08:04:56 am »
Looking good mate...but the jury is still out on that pipe

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 08:43:25 am »
Maybe a few more photos will win you over Ted  ;).  I know what you mean though, I thought long and hard about it.  Now it has grown on me.

The bike is actually a bit further along than this.  The photos I took the other day were all crap.

Mainline the rear guard profile is perfect - it bolts straight up with no problems at all - I have the same thing on the 465.  Maybe there was a colour change in the plastics between H and J.  Anyone know - hello Nathan.

WMC - yes the muffler is GMC as well.  It all fits very neatly.  SPECIAL THANKS TO BILLET YZ WHO TOOK HIS BIKE TO GMC FOR A FITTING.

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

ted

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 10:03:00 am »
When it`s covered in mud it will look just fine....too shiny and mosaic for me

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 10:07:04 pm »
That is hot barsby  . I want one . I cant wait to have a ride on that at CD27 .If it's finished !!!!
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 01:50:46 am »
Bloody Hell Tony!
thats lookin sweet mate.
i've never really been a fan of the chrome pipe but Geoffs done a sweet job on that one for sure.
now with mainlines 125F & your 250H lookin so good,
CD7 would be an excellent showcase.
"flat bickie"

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 09:32:42 am »
It will be finished for CD7 if it kills me.  It is due for its third birthday party soon and still not finished  :-[
We can all have a crack at CD7.  Obviously if you  fall off make sure it is to the right hand side  ;D
I'm going to try to have the YZ50 pit bike ready as well.  Better get my finger out  :(

490Jay

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 10:25:38 am »
Looking real nice YZ250H, I like the chrome pipe. I'm having GMC do a pipe for my YZ465H and after seeing yours chromed am thinking of doing the same. What sort of cost for the chroming, can anyone recommend a chrome plating company in Sydney.

Cheers

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 10:45:37 am »
490J - I'll be very interested to see how the 465 pipe turns out as I want to get one for mine too.  The standard pipe has a crack in it right at the most obvious spot.  Any repairs would stand out like dogs bollocks.  From memory the chroming was $250 from 5 star metal polishers in South Australia.  I have had a few jobs done by them (steel rims etc) and they seem to do a good job.

E74 did one in ceramic (which I think is more durable) in the for sale section.

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=11299.0

A beautiful bake and a credit to him.  Hope to make my 465 look like that one day after I have finished thrashing (well trying to) it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:47:34 am by YZ250H »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 11:49:07 am »
well done 250H, looks the goods. so is the 465 the next on the list for resto ?

i think you should post up a pick of the 1981 collection to date !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)