Author Topic: Progress Photos  (Read 13232 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Progress Photos
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 07:54:26 pm »
thanks god for that.  I would have been very unhappy to have to pull them apart again.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 11:13:10 am »
Some more photos - motor back together and in the bike  8)

,small problem the bushes in the swingarm seem to be ever so slighly long so the motor won't fit between.  Some thought required then back into it.

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

mainline

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 01:44:12 pm »
looking very good, how long till kick-off do you think?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 03:26:42 pm »
Won't make CD6 unfortunately :'( - waiting on side covers from XYZ.  GMC is making me a pipe.
The main stumbling block is the boost bottle manifold.
I was going hard to make CD6, but have given up the ghost.
She was going to be unveiled at CD6, but will have to be on here instead.  She will be going to Proserpine in August.
Depending on XYZ (or preferably vintage plastics) I would say about a month.  I have kicked off the 50H and 125H restos already.  Can't be left without a project now can we ?
This one has taken me way too long, but know I have all the tools and knoledge I need to do the next ones much quicker.  It's all a learning experience for me

mainline

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 05:58:50 pm »
c'mon you've still got a couple of weeks, they rebuild Bathurst wrecks overnight ;D Maybe you could bring all the bits to CD6 and we could finish it off there??

I know how it is though, there's always a couple of small bits that hold you up. I ended up buying a yellow US sidecover on my YZ and painting it white as there was just no other option. Speaking of which, it got started this arvo and taken on it's maiden voyage around ze front yard which was pretty bloody exciting.

As for the next project, I've sworn on my life I'll finish some stuff around the house before I start another, but you're right, the next one will be so much easier and quicker than the first.

keep us posted anyway.

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 06:04:17 pm »
looks very nice!  Well done for where you are at...

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »
That's why it has taken me so long mainline.  I have been trying to run a flower farm and renovate the house at the same time.  I have 3 kids under 4 as well.  Not that it is any excuse.  Well done on your resto too mainline.  She looks great.  I'm looking forward to riding mine.  Lord knows it has been a long time since I bought her home.
I did think about bringing it and all the bits, but started to worry when I thought about how much beer I drank at CD5  ::)

oldfart

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 07:17:55 pm »
looking good  :)   Is that the bitsa you picked up last year.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 07:49:31 pm »
That's the 125H and it's the next cab off the rank.  I have been busy collecting NOS parts for that one since I piked it up from your joint, so I reaaaallyy hoping it goes faster than this one.  Got lots of things like bead blasters and stuff that make life sooo much easier too these days.  Took me a lot of time and buggerising around to work out the fact that if you are going to do it do it properly and get the right tool for the job.  I don't own paint stripper any more  8) and I don't have to sand my fingerprints off to polish alloy 8).

mainline

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 05:56:13 am »
god knows how you get anything done with 3 young kids running around. I had my 4 yr old "helping" me yesterday, took me three times as long to get things done.

What's the boost bottle manifold problem? can you not find one?

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:35:22 am »
Tony,
Bloody Beautifull!
keep up the good work mate and don't let the time factor bother you too much, it'll be well worth it when it's all done for sure.
now, this flower farm you mention, how many acres are we talking here Tony? :)
"flat bickie"

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 02:42:35 pm »
Mainline,

I have 2 manifolds here - both of them have a crack in the tube where the boost bottle comes off.  I am going to have a crack at casting one of my own.  4Robs had made me one, but before I could pay for it and he could send it his shed burnt down - terrible thing that (for Rob).  I think he is concentrating on his KTM stuff now so ......  E74 was very generous and sent me one from a 490J, but unfortunately the tube is a different diameter.  I put a wanted ad in here for a sample to borrow that I can cast off, but no replies.  I can probably cast off one of the ones I have here, but a new one would be better.  I have searched extensively on the internet to no avail  :-\
I know one will come to me eventually, so I'm not that worried - I just wish it would hurry up ::).

Mick - flower farm is 5 acres - 3 acres under plastic in greenhouses.  My inlaws were running it for us, but they are moving away, so now it's for sale or rent  - in beautiful Walkamin FNQ.   Flowers are very labour intensive and took up a lot (all) of my time on week-ends for quite a few years.  Was to be retirement plan A, but alas it has not turned out that way.  Sort of a relief that I have stopped - you can only work flat out for so long.  Anyway now I have more time for riding and restos  ;D ;D 8)

It will all happen with time.  GMC has finished the pipe and it looks awesome.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 10:36:55 am »
Getting closer.  Apart from throttle cable and spark issues it's coming along well.  Found a before picture to compare with a current one.  Gives me a bit of motivation to keep going when you realise how far you have coma and how close you are to the end.  Sorry for the quality of the photos - I need some lessons from Ji Gantor.
Before

After

Before

After

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:38:34 am by YZ250H »

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:25 am »
 :o nicee big differnce
MUGEN power

mainline

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 11:23:57 am »
mmmm.... shiny things........

very nice tony, I can see why you don't want to get it dirty!

I also like the way you have the bar pad facing you so that you can read the "Yamaha" while you're riding ;D

Where did the rear guard come from?