Author Topic: Licence fees  (Read 31674 times)

Offline micko

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Licence fees
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 06:07:05 pm »
The BSA/Harley Davidson motocross club (noble falls) one of the oldest mx clubs in Perth just went BLACK, looks like they have had enough of MA ! Going to be interesting. ????
RM370A RM250A RM125A RM125S YZ250A YZ125C XR75K4

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 08:14:07 pm »
Over here in the West one of the oldest BSA/HARLEY club, have just posted they have bailed out of MA , because  of the fees ,does this mean going back to RIDE MA or BLACK meeting for 2017. time will tell .a lot of John Smith and Harry Bloggs riding on the black club days .
[/quote

Not quite correct, the club has decided not to re-affiliate with Mwa for a reason unrelated to the increase in licence fees. I was actually talking to the President of the club last night at speedway and wished them well but expressed my concerns about them "going black". I only hope that all their insurance is adequate and does not fall short in the event of a claim.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 09:20:45 pm »
do you know how hard it was in the 1990s
to get basic insurance to run a motorcycle event
i do i was on mq executive then and that was nearly 20 years ago
you will find most of the money goes on insurance
if someone will take us on
we no longer live in the70[s where you where responsible for your own actions

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 11:51:46 pm »
before people jump in and complain about the cost maybe they should heck out what the cost covers - club ride fee, one day licence, insurance etc etc etc.  And if anyone out there can do it for less please put your hand up so we can have a look.  Everyone very easily jumps onto MA and affiliates as though this is a big money making exercise - have a look at your states financial report and see how much they make a year - WA last year had a turnover of something like $1.3M for $49K profit if you wish to call it that.  It costs a fortune to do what they cover.  I wish it wasn't the way but honestly a $300 once per year licence gets you a fair bit.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline micko

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 12:43:09 am »
The BSA&HD Motorcycle club has decided to move in a new direction for the 2017 mx season. Due to the rising costs from the governing body and the current financial climate, the club has found it necessary to not renew its current affiliation with the governing body.

This will mean lower costs to the riders and no license will be required to ride or compete at the Noble Falls MX track.

The club will be running 6 race events throughout 2017 including the BSA Cup and several of our new Ride Park days where the track will be watered and prepped depending on rider numbers.

The 2017 Bsahd fees are as follow
Membership $100
Flag Duty fee $150 (fully refunded after one event of flag duty)
Track Key $50
Race Day Fees Member $30
Race Day Fees Non Member $60
Ride Park Day Member Free
Ride Park Day Non Member $40

We will be running these classes for the 2017 season
Mx1 (450)
Mx2 (250)
Veterans (over 35 years of age)
Women (combined with the vets if rider numbers are low)
Juniors (65-250) 1 or 2 classes depending on riders number

We encourage all riders to support the BSAHD club with their new direction in the hope of improving the sport of motocross in WA.

Regards
The BSA&HD Commitee

Offline micko

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:10 am »
I think it's more about the clubs trying to survive
'quote from Ken'
As a former president of a city club i fully understand why BSA &HD have gone this way , for survival . last year when running club events we made mostly losses , mwa made money , first aid made money ( not whinging on this one as we have a good supplier ) flaggies flagging for riders made money and the club lost , simple plan cut your costs not easy to do , we pay for a permit to race and pay $5 ( i think ) per rider to mwa to race so of the 30 we were charging members only about 23 dollars per rider was hitting the clubs pockets , hard to make a profit when numbers are declining  , so what does MA do when we are trying to get bigger numbers at a club meetiing they whack the one day licence up to 90 , now at bare minimum we have to charge a newbie 130 to try at a race meeting , that does not help at all , then we we have to find a sound tester a scrutineer a race sec a steward and a cof c , if you  dont have these in your club you have to pay someone to help , again that does not help a club . So i support BSA in their endeavours to try and make a club viable , i see some headaches ahead for them but i think they should sort them out , maybe if ma or mwa were to see where the problem is they can help rather than wave a big stick .

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 08:27:37 am »
This subject pop's up every couple of years. What I do know this year is that the Fed Guberment who gives money to MA this year gave allot less. Doing the math I guess that's why the price jump. MA only makes there income from these two sources unlike states bodies who have a better revenue streams. MA has always bitched about this and tried to take over the states bodies income streams. The only real solution is just one body that's well run so we are not doubling up on costs with both bodies more or less doing the same job and charging us twice. But then we have to do away with self interest's etc so it wont happen.
$90.00 for a one day is pure BS and is contrary to why it was introduced in the first place.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 09:07:05 am »
my guess is they are trying to push more casual riders to a full licence....gets numbers up and more gubment funding?

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 10:20:22 am »
my guess is they are trying to push more casual riders to a full licence....gets numbers up and more gubment funding?

Probably correct, but like so many things the unintended consequences are opposite to the desired outcomes.
I suspect in this case, the outcomes are likely to be less people trying the sport, and less people getting the full licence. Lose/lose.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 10:28:46 am »
$90.00 for a one day is pure BS and is contrary to why it was introduced in the first place.

%100 correct , us 2 WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 11:05:12 am »
MA has always bitched about this and tried to take over the states bodies income streams. The only real solution is just one body that's well run so we are not doubling up on costs with both bodies more or less doing the same job and charging us twice....  $90.00 for a one day is pure BS and is contrary to why it was introduced in the first place.

Pretty sure that duplication of resources was one of the major bullet points from the questionable Ross Oakley review. It seems incredibly arrogant to have their performance of the last couple of years with the board being shunted, a CEO departing under unexplained circumstances, a new president installed and then the states all rebelling against her instalment causing her departure, claims of $$$ being owed to their much-trumpeted MAIL scheme, then to help things along they have whacked the licence fees up. That doesn't sit well with licence holders who have watched the administration lurch from one ballsup to the next.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 11:15:27 am »
Vested interest and stupidity and greed is what all political systems end up being. Without agreeing with any one side the whole MA thing needs a new structure. MA says it dose not have enough money , ask the states MA for money they say no you waste it, MA puts up prices. Gee sounds allot like normal politics to me. The result is we lose. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 11:21:59 am »
I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that despite being called 'licences', these are basically insurance premiums.

Riders purchase these so-called licences in order to be covered by MA's insurer. I'm not aware of any other purpose they serve.

Could it be that the rising costs therefore simply reflect the ever increasing cost of insurance?

Tex

HeavenVMX

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 11:53:08 am »
Tex I think the point is that 'one event' licence fee increased 50% ($60 to $90) while others (National Licence $300-$320) had a small 6.7% increase.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »
Insurance is paid via the Club to state MA for event permit, hence is in your entry fee.