Author Topic: Licence fees  (Read 31725 times)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Licence fees
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2017, 12:58:12 pm »
I also note that no one picked up on my idea that Classic MX could/should run under the umbrella of the restricted race license.

I picked it up ages ago and that's what should happen.  I have put that suggestion to any one who would listen and those who wont and put it in those useless surveys they wasted money on.  The other thing I say is people who go to the trouble to obtain an Officials licence should be eligible for a discount on their licence.         

We have been told for about 5yrs now the new Web application system of applying for OMLs would drop the price.  Yeah, nah not gunna happen.   

Oh well for those who want to race it is what it is.   

"The other thing I say is people who go to the trouble to obtain an Officials licence should be eligible for a discount on their licence."

I like this suggestion and it should be 10% for each role you are qualified for.  So they should pay me 80% of the licence cost.

RE the restricted licence.  Has anyone put that up as a proposed rule change.  MA just called for proposed rule changes last week.  There is a page in the MoMS that tell you how to do it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:09:05 pm by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2017, 01:07:13 pm »
5 pages Geoff, its going well ;)

That's 6 pages and no one has mentioned the "E" word.

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2017, 03:48:59 pm »
whisper is that Viper will have 7 races and a couple of club days this year

so in Vic a National Licence is a no brainer

and if you do Broadford and even one of the 6 VCM or one the the 6 CSC races then you are saving heaps of $ (and time) with a National Licence

(and I agree MA could do better, especially on Barrabool which will piss me off forever   >:(  ,  but the national licence is easy, do it once and done for the year and if you do more than a few rides it's ok value)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2017, 05:07:47 pm »
I also note that no one picked up on my idea that Classic MX could/should run under the umbrella of the restricted race license.

I picked it up ages ago and that's what should happen.  I have put that suggestion to any one who would listen and those who wont and put it in those useless surveys they wasted money on.  The other thing I say is people who go to the trouble to obtain an Officials licence should be eligible for a discount on their licence.         

We have been told for about 5yrs now the new Web application system of applying for OMLs would drop the price.  Yeah, nah not gunna happen.   

Oh well for those who want to race it is what it is.   

The other thing I say is people who go to the trouble to obtain an Officials licence should be eligible for a discount on their licence.       

I agree in principle with this, however, in my club there are a whole heap of people who hold various MA Officials accreditation's, who NEVER act as officials, even at our club events.   We struggle to get officials for most events, and the worst of all is trying to find someone to act as Responsible Person for club practice days. There are a core group of older riders, most of whom still compete who do the higher level official duties, i.e. Steward, Clerk of Course, Race Sec, Chief Scrutineer at our Club and Open events. I would put the caveat on it that to receive a discount on you licence, you need to Perform the Role of an Official at at least one event a year, this could be graded so if you perform the duties of a Steward, Clerk of Course, Race Sec, Chief Scrutineer you get a greater discount on your licence than if you just act as lower level official, i.e. scrutineer, Sound Control Officer, Marshall. This could give people the incentive to actually use the officials licences that they hold, it might just make getting people who hold Officials Licences to act as officials.

Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2017, 07:06:04 pm »
whisper is that Viper will have 7 races and a couple of club days this year

so in Vic a National Licence is a no brainer

and if you do Broadford and even one of the 6 VCM.

Good point Gippslander ,your either going to comiitt or not  !!
Best is in the West !!

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »
I agree in principle with this, however, in my club there are a whole heap of people who hold various MA Officials accreditation's, who NEVER act as officials, even at our club events.

True and it would be tuff to manage it.  And after the weekend I think I will join them.     
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2017, 01:34:20 pm »
I agree in principle with this, however, in my club there are a whole heap of people who hold various MA Officials accreditation's, who NEVER act as officials, even at our club events.

True and it would be tuff to manage it.  And after the weekend I think I will join them.     

I think the idea has merit but would have to be limited to active officials of course and there would be a limit to a discount eg (10 or 20 %).  Also please note, unlike riders officials have a better insurance cover through MA if they get insured.  The chances of them getting injured are less but there is a better courage.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:35:51 pm by KTM47 »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2017, 04:44:33 pm »
in vic, Vinduro is no timing or completion so nada race - just an organised ride