Author Topic: Am I the only one  (Read 20168 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 07:10:32 pm »
Is there a difference, really? Or are we just trying to find ways to make Islamic terrorism seem worse than non-Islamic terrorism?

If jihadism is an inherent part of Islam, we'd already be well forked.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:23 pm »
Come over here by all means, pick up your thongs and esky as you step off the plane.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »
The "Muslims don't assimilate" thing is nonsense.
All the same things have been said of Greek, Italian, Vietnamese and Japanese migrants in the past.

The simple reality is that education and wealth are great corrupters of religion. I mean, dedicating your life to Allah might hold some appeal when you're uneducated, dirt poor and living in the desert, but it is a hell of a lot less attractive when you've got a decent job, a nice house in the suburbs and an HSV in the garage.

After the Bali bombings, Howard's main response to weaken Jemah Islamiah was to give the Indonesian government money, mostly to spend on education.
And it worked. Jemah Islamiah has been massively diminished.

I'm no fan of Islam. But any time we make blanket statements about a large group of people, we are bound to be wrong. If we want to address the ACTUAL problems that are happening in the name of Islam, then we need to move WAY beyond the current "Muslim = Trrrist" dribble.

Correct... Education is the key to reducing the narrow-minded thinkings of religious bigots that cause most of the "terrorists" related issues we see and read on the net and in our press. We only have to look at our own back yard to see who does most of the crime, it's typically those who have none or very little worthwhile education that can't earn a buck for themselves that feel society owes them, so they go out and do petty crime and often move "up" the crime ladder and sometimes into "terrorist" type attacks. It's sad, but when you see the PolAir helicopter police chase on the nightly news with the inevitable arrest or the poor hangers-on outside the court house at the hearing, they make out as if they are the most hard done by person / people on the planet.

Unfortunately our education system is broadly based on class levels that often are difficult to break from one generation to the next, education leads to an educated, thinking society, unemployment leads to more unemployment.... and the cycle continues.

Offline EdgyAl

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »
One of the things that irks me the most is that anyone that questions Islam/Mosques or Refugees relationship with both is simply howled down as a racist.
If you suggest refugees are linked to terrorism "God help you", even though the only terrorist acts I can think of were committed by refugees or their families (obviously the mainstream press ignore this but I understand it's true.)
-The police stabbed in Melbourne
-The Lindt Cafe siege.
-Police employee shot to death as he walk out of his workplace.
In that terrorist attack, the weapon was supplied in the local Mosque.

None of this is secret, but it certainly seems glossed over.

Interesting side point.

Why is it that when a person of middle eastern descent commits a crime with a gun or a knife the media label it "Terrorism" or "Act of Terror", but when someone who is Caucasian does it they are called a "Gunman" or "Man weilding a knife" ??
Media hype??
Good point,
But research the % between the people that commit these crimes.
People of middle eastern appearance seem to be much higher in the %.
Dessert ninja's are breeding rapidly.
But,
The amount of scum walking our country of non middle eastern appearance is just as disturbing, There are not many people left that set a good example of "the Australian way" of any colour, race, etc.
The sad fact is that when one idiot roots another idiot, you get more idiots, and too many idiots are rooting each other.
What ever happened to respect, trust, loyalty, etc, just being a decent person?, irrespective of race, religion, beliefs?,  all gone now.
I am not religious at all, and have no problem with anyone who is, my belief is that every human has the right to believe in anything they wish, but do not have the right to force it on another.
Every day that I wake up, stand upright and breath air, it is a good day, and I just try to be a good person, be nice to others, and respect the earth that keeps me alive. Simple.
If you dont have 20 tattoo's, 10 nipple rings and can cage fight in the pub after 30 bundy's, you are not Aussie?
I really don't know if I want to be called Aussie anymore??
Cheers Al.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:31:22 pm by EdgyAl »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 09:40:11 pm »

If jihadism is an inherent part of Islam, we'd already be well forked.

X-mas and Easter are banned from schools already , food in the supermarket is marked Halal , army rations are now Halal as well . Many thanks to all the left doogooders  ::), and the list will increase day by day . They (the muslims)will all vote in droves, and believe me , it now will go step by step . Every year a bit more, quicker and quicker . Every year a bit more politically correct and dumbed down more . In the end we will automatically  repeat the new slogans like " Multi Culti is good for us" like the press tells us to .... The boat has sailed .... lets see how long we can stay sane and enjoy our retirement as we planned it . It is terrorism by invasion , but so well orchestrated and smooth , the majority does not recognize it (yet)

Jebus you speak some utter shit, Wlater.

My kids go to a public school where the  principal is a Komrade (we can smell our own), and yet we still have Easter hat parades and Christmas concerts.
The nonsense you've repeated is moronic  propaganda from the religious right:  those the are so outraged that they will blatantly lie about what happens.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 10:15:08 pm »
Im really gob smacked with some of the BS l have just read.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 10:27:07 pm »
Which bits?

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 10:29:58 pm »
The sad fact is that when one idiot roots another idiot, you get more idiots, and too many idiots are rooting each other.

It should be a national curriculum initiative to watch the movie "idiocracy"

I reckon that is where it is all going, never mind the jihadis. 

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 10:49:37 pm »
Is there a difference, really? Or are we just trying to find ways to make Islamic terrorism seem worse than non-Islamic terrorism?

I think there is. Bryant was pissed off at a couple of people because they didn't sell him something. Plain greed and vengeance and it spiralled out of control because he was a nutter.

What was the motivation for the murder of Curtis Cheng? That other goose in Lindt Cafe? Any of the 29,000+ terrorist attacks since 9/11? .

Lets go back to 1915. What was the motivation for the "battle of Broken Hill" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Broken_Hill?

I see a pattern.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:53:52 pm by fred99999au »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 12:34:48 pm »
I support humane treatment & slaughter of animals, but beyond that, I give no forks if it's halal or not. I mean, halal bikkies or chocolate is a total non-issue.

Not to mention that the quality of the food in ration packs was an insult regardless... (May have changed more recently).

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 01:02:57 pm »

I think there is. Bryant was pissed off at a couple of people because they didn't sell him something. Plain greed and vengeance and it spiralled out of control because he was a nutter.

What was the motivation for the murder of Curtis Cheng? That other goose in Lindt Cafe? Any of the 29,000+ terrorist attacks since 9/11? .

Lets go back to 1915. What was the motivation for the "battle of Broken Hill" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Broken_Hill?

I see a pattern.

Terrorism is vaguely defined, but the core is violence for a political goal.
If Bryant isn't a terrorist, then neither is man Monis (half-arsed claims of being involved with ISIL notwithstanding).

We are all quick to judge violence by Muslims are terrorism (and usually it's an accurate judgement).
But if a white man commits a similar act of violence, we'll perform all sorts of logical gymnastics to avoid calling it "terrorism".

American citizens are far more likely to be killed by a Christian extremist than a Muslim one - but you don't whip up patriotic fervour by pointing that out...  And without the misplaced patriotic fervour and the manufactured fear of outsiders, you can't justify going to war again...

Offline djr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 06:31:47 pm »
Nathan , I would like  to see you marching dozens of km and only find Halal food in your ration pack , after you just marched to train and fight that medieval  ideology .What a joke .
there is an easy way to avoid Halal food if it really annoys you, just eat Pork every day
joking aside it does seem  wrong for any Country where the vast majority of the population are not Muslim, to have their food prepared or manufactured in a way just to suit a small minority ,
but the big Food Companies wouldn't do it unless there were rules telling them to, or more potential sales.

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 06:52:40 pm »
I went to the local Cafe recently. Ordered a "3 little pigs burger"
Pulled Pork, carved ham and bacon. - delicious and no Hallal certificate.

I believe we are going "To Hell in a handcart", but some of us are going kicking and screaming. (And eating pigs).

Remember not to ride a pushbike in NSW without "carrying your papers" which must "be in order" when randomly checked! Sickening.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 09:41:22 pm »
In regards to halal certified foods, why are they not all labelled as such?

They pay a fee to certify, why not advertise this fact so that those who choose to have this certification can select it and those who choose to avoid it can avoid?

Hindus for example are forbidden to eat halal food, yet need to research food because it is not labelled.

Pretty sure we had a senate enquiry into this recently and labelling was the outcome, however nothing has come of it.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 10:06:41 pm »
I went to the local Cafe recently. Ordered a "3 little pigs burger"
Pulled Pork, carved ham and bacon. - delicious and no Hallal certificate.

I believe we are going "To Hell in a handcart", but some of us are going kicking and screaming. (And eating pigs).

Remember not to ride a pushbike in NSW without "carrying your papers" which must "be in order" when randomly checked! Sickening.
not that i ride a pushie coz the roads where i live are just tar covered dirt tracks but why do nsw cyclists need papers and to carry them??