Author Topic: Check the dump.  (Read 18045 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Check the dump.
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 09:12:54 am »
This is the bit that is ironic, you see my fathers stoopid girlfriend has still got the first cent she ever spent so it's safe to say she would have checked the cheapest way to get the bike offloaded. Mundoolun tip (near Jimboomba QLD) is (was) free to the public, but Logan Village tip would probably have cost a nominal fee to dump such items, so my guess would be Mundoolun (she can't remember) But what will haunt her forever is the fact that she junked a very valuble collectors item. So I hope one day when she is watching antiques roadshow or similar, the experts happen to stick it in one more time!!! I'm not very bitter about it though.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

mx250

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 09:32:41 am »
I'm not very bitter about it though.
:P ;D

Yeah, and I've got a nice bridge I can sell you ;D.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 09:50:02 am »
probably made out of recycled YZ 360's ?
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Maico31

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 02:35:37 pm »
Shit...small world! The guy i got it from picked it up in Beaudesert. You got any more parts for it?

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 06:45:09 pm »
Shit...small world! The guy i got it from picked it up in Beaudesert. You got any more parts for it?
;D ;D ;D :D ;)
There you go Rocket, you can untie her now and cease the slapping!
Mystery solved.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 06:46:30 pm »
rub the salt  in

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 07:39:56 pm »
My two best dump shop finds to date, $40 for the TM (was missing a tank and the pipe was wrong) and $20 for the italjet.

Over the years I've seen an almost complete XL250 Motorsport and an SL 125 both in bits. Of course at the time I had no where to put them. And to make it worse they wanted about $15 each.

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Maico31

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:11 pm »
It's amazing what you could find at the dump. A few years ago when vintage was pre '75 and earlier, i found 2 RM250a's, one with no engine at the local tip. I pulled the carby off one of them and left them there thinkin they were useless to me...

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 07:12:06 am »
nah, Maico she might be stoopid buts she's thorough. Was old mate in Beaudesert also peddling a Kombi ute and a few XT500 Donks?

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 09:04:43 am »
Disreguard Wombats earlier post and tie her back up and continue the slapping...
"flat bickie"

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 10:01:07 am »
I would at least be happy to learn that maybe the bike was saved from being landfill. On another note, I once knocked around with a neighbourhood kid whose father managed the Browns Plains Tip. He seemed to have a new bike every month, one that i recall was a great find was an RM 250 A/B? which only needed petrol and a seat, but after ocky strapping a pillow to the frame and raiding the victa tin we were in business. There should be a special event for old turds you can find at the tip, call it dump class maybe?

Maico31

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 10:37:15 am »
Hey rocket i remember him saying the YZ was in the back of a Kombi. The clown cut the straps holding the tank on instead of undoing them when he bought the tank round to find out what it was. I was hoping to make a bike out of it but YZ360b parts are a ridiculous price if you can find any. At least you know where it is now!

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 12:50:45 pm »
This story is choking me up. :'(
I'm reminded of my neighbours little girls losing their cat many years ago.
Whilst they were on holiday the cat was being looked after by friends about twenty miles away.
Cat got out, cat got lost and the girls were heart broken on hearing the news.

Nearly one year later the cat turned up at the girls home.
No doubt an epic adventure to navigate some 20 miles of suburbs!
Cat was a bit stand-offish as cats can be - but understandably miffed.
Annoyed is a better word...   

Vandys right, go back to slappin' that woman.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 09:19:37 pm »
This story is choking me up. :'(
I'm reminded of my neighbours little girls losing their cat many years ago.
Whilst they were on holiday the cat was being looked after by friends about twenty miles away.
Cat got out, cat got lost and the girls were heart broken on hearing the news.

Nearly one year later the cat turned up at the girls home.
No doubt an epic adventure to navigate some 20 miles of suburbs!
Cat was a bit stand-offish as cats can be - but understandably miffed.
Annoyed is a better word...   

Vandys right, go back to slappin' that woman.

I have a similar story only difference is I dumped the cat 30 kays away and he returned 12months later pregnant ::).

Yeah, he was pretty pissed off and stand off'ish as well, as cats are ::)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 09:29:21 pm »
that cat would be worth heaps if he  :o  was pregnant  ;D  ;D. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go