Author Topic: Check the dump.  (Read 18041 times)

Quicksilver

Check the dump.
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:14:05 pm »
After reading about Colj500 picking up his XL250 roller at dump I thought I had best use my contact at our local rubbish tip ( His sister married my brother  ;D )  .... It a hill billy thing .... ;) lol..

Looky what he got me today..... ;D plus some roofing iron I was after too.

Not a bad little bike. Mostly complete only real damage is to speedo and headlight  must of happened when it was chucked out of the trailer/ ute. Bloody thing still has key in it.  ;D ;D ;D.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Check the dump.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 05:31:24 pm »
amazing ,,what a ripper,  :o  some people have no respect(busten up the speedo).  >:(
girl question ! what year is it  ??? thanks.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:41:26 pm »
Based on the similarity of the graphics to the ones on my 74 TS185, and the alloy lower fork legs, I'll guess that its a 74 model.

I've got my eye on a 73 (I think) TS125, but the price will be higher than Quickie's score!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 05:46:50 pm »
Great little bike,our son took the cr125m for a ride on a natural terrain track on the weekend and had a hoot    :o    Didn't come home with much fuel though.  :'(
Should be more of these on the track,if the DO YOU MOTO can be so popular why not these. ?????
Some one start a revival  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Quicksilver

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:58:28 pm »
Nathan. When your out and about chasing up TS bikes if you come across and TS100 with silver tank let me know. Im chasing one.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »
Join the que....  :D

If I find one, I'm keeping it, at least until you find me a DT100 with the cross-over pipe.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 06:14:10 pm »
Thats in better nick than the TC100 that I got given last week, a top find for a tip bike.  I am glad I am not the only one who looks for bikes at the tip/dump.  Good luck with it.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Quicksilver

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:42:47 pm »
Web search tell me she's a "1974 Suzuki TC125 Prospector" Ummmmm maybe I should restore it.  :-\ One day.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:08:13 pm by Quicksilver »

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 07:33:02 pm »
$265-00  off ebay a few weeks ago AND LOCAL  ;D ;D ;D

Quicksilver

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 07:34:54 pm »
F#@$%^&^%$*&*&^###$>  ::)

Quicksilver

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 06:30:45 pm »
Bit of a splash with hose made a differance. Quite suprised how soild it is. Seat base is excellent with not hint of rust. Old girl even still has a battery in it  :o. Its got faults as expected the kick start only grabs when it feels like it. Rear wheel has many loose spokes with a few broken ones.
She needs a decent tank as the the tank on it has a large dent on left side its also missing the coil. Speedo and headlight are badly damaged and will need top be replaced. The rear guard has number of splits and will also need replacing.
I will restore this old tub. Dunno why, just feel like doing it. 8)  I will get to it in time. I would be very interested in hering from anyone that has any spares for this little rocket.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 07:20:56 pm »
Looks great already.  :o
Quicky what is that little silver lever,just above the stand,near where the front sprocket cover is ??
Silver hammer head thing ????
Is it a pull start or oil dipper  ;D  ???
Thanks
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 07:26:20 pm »
Nathan. When your out and about chasing up TS bikes if you come across and TS100 with silver tank let me know. Im chasing one.

i have one of these or somthing bloody similar but it could be 50cc ? did they come as a fifty i cant read the comp plate has the same induction into the motor deal going on too
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 07:30:51 pm »
Quicky what is that little silver lever,just above the stand,near where the front sprocket cover is ??
Thanks

THATS TO TIE THE SHEEP ON THE BACK WITH.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Quicksilver

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 07:33:27 pm »
Thanks

Thats the high/low range shifter. Thing has 10 gears ;D 5 low range, 5 high range. Neat huh.  ;)