Author Topic: Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.  (Read 11083 times)

Offline Speed

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 07:21:54 pm »
Hey guys if you see the CFA guys on the gate.  Please toss them a gold coin.

Shane.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 09:03:02 pm »
Well what a great weekend, another fantastic Clarkefield event run. Saturday was a great day of Viper practice and the inaugural Pre 2000 show n go event, plenty of people riding lap after lap on the grass track and a few circulating the short enduro loop. The whole saturday show n shine was a little undersubscribed but it was a very late notice thing in its planning and execution and wasn't expected to be huge, more of a gauge to see if its worth putting more time and effort into promoting next year, i think it certainly is.

I chose not to hang around saturday night and instead get a good nights sleep in my own bed to return in the morning, those that stopped over the night enjoyed the huge annual bonfire put on by property owner Shane, many laughs and lots of lemonade drank  ::)

Sunday was a great day of racing with lots of classes seeing very healthy numbers on the line, especially the later era classes which i also rode in myself on a mod Husky 150 after my TM250 decided to lunch its chain 3 corners into its first race!! :( The track did get a little dusty at times but the local CFA did a great job of attempting to keep some moisture in the ground at every opportunity, there was a few little whinges about the dust but i guess thats life, i don't think there was any complaints lodged by race winners  ;) It would have been great to see more pre 78, 75, 70 bikes out there but with CSC and VCM both having rounds the previous weekend i guess a lot find it difficult to race consecutive weekends. There was a handful of blokes rolling around in the Vinduro rec class which was great but a most impressive sight for me was seeing 20 or more juniors lining up at a start line to head out for their (rec) ride times during the day, so many that they had to be split into two groups!! Kids keep clubs alive so its great to see so many people taking advantage of the time allowed for them during a race day.

Everyone i spoke to had a top weekend, regardless of where they finished in their races, myself included. A lot of people involved in the planning and execution of weekend long events like this so big thanks to those involved and their helpers, Peter Gruber and sons, Mick Hughes, John Orchard, Frank Derose, Jamie Teal, Ross Nimmo, the lovely lap scorers, Lancefield Lions club, Clarkefield CFA crew, and many other i have missed. Most importantly though land owner Shane Gardiner (and family) spends a lot of time in the weeks leading up making his paddock perfect for us to all come and tear it to shreds!!  ;D And he loves it as much as we do which helps  ;D I had a great weekend, i'll be back for sure.

Cheers, Brendan
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:32:46 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 11:06:29 pm »
I would like to winge about the event, I think I might have got a touch of sunburn :o
I had to double check that I was in Victoria ;D
Dust is always a bugger but there were heaps of happy people wandering around.

Some old 'farm bike' gets the holeshot in pre78, I think a similar bike won pre 78 last year too.
Maybe these motocross bikes aren't all there cracked up to be ;D

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 11:08:40 pm »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »
Hmmm, Guys are having trouble with photobucket but I uploaded 9 photo's in 8 seconds,
trouble is they all look fuzzy :(
They are a lot clearer on my computer!!

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 09:37:18 am »
Sweet pics Geoff! Glad I could represent the Vinduro team and smoke em on a ''farm bike''  ;D. I had so much fun on the weekend, thanks to all the organisers that put on the event!! I recon this event has potential to get much bigger, im not really sure why it hasnt??

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

Quote GMC
I would like to winge ...........

Yes Geoff, we know ::)

Looks like a bit of Photoshop - I can see daylight under the implements front tyre!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 10:48:40 am »
Hey Curtis they was great riding on that XT500, well done.

Anyone in Melbourne northern suburbs that needs vintage mechanical work done should contact Curtis, he has a workshop there.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 10:49:10 am »
Sweet pics Geoff! Glad I could represent the Vinduro team and smoke em on a ''farm bike''  ;D. I had so much fun on the weekend, thanks to all the organisers that put on the event!! I recon this event has potential to get much bigger, im not really sure why it hasnt??

Whoa there Curtis.....

Didn't you get smoked by another FOURSTROKE, ex farm bike in race 1  ;D Lucky for you I missed race 2. But I do remember telling you well done for flying the FOURSTROKE flag. Long live the old thumpers!

Some old 'farm bike' gets the holeshot in pre78, I think a similar bike won pre 78 last year too.

Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 12:08:41 pm »
I personally am not a fan of riding in flat paddocks & chose to spectate after a dismal 1 & only race. I must say there were some blazing fast guys who just lapped the course up, it was awesome to see, plus you can't beat hearing a 2t on song down the main straights. The roost coming from Daryl's '88 CR500 was phenomenal, no-one should be able to ride a 500 that fast. The farm bikes performed really well, then again it was at a farm....... ;D
K

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 01:02:01 pm »

Whoa there Curtis.....

Didn't you get smoked by another FOURSTROKE, ex farm bike in race 1  ;D Lucky for you I missed race 2. But I do remember telling you well done for flying the FOURSTROKE flag. Long live the old thumpers!

You know the old Journalist code...
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story ;D

I wondered who was on that Honda, didn't see you in the pits

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 01:36:13 pm »
Hmmmm....Farm bikes or tractors? I'm still digging rocks out of my bike & gear from that pair of 4T'ers  ;D

500 4T'ers, great sound, max torque, plenty of roost  ;)
1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:59 pm »
Horses for courses, farm bikes for farms. It wasn't REALLY motocross, it was paddock bashing. Nothing wrong with that & I watched some guys I usually pass relatively easily going pretty quick & there's no way I would have gotten near them on that track. You either love it or hate it. I hate it, sooked out & am proud of it! Coudo's to the guys who rode.
K

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »
spot on k, "circle workers" are their own brand, I lose interest after the start straight...

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 07:43:17 pm »
Anybody got pics or Go Pro from the weekend? :)