Author Topic: Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.  (Read 11080 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 10:42:34 pm »
Horses for courses, farm bikes for farms. It wasn't REALLY motocross, it was paddock bashing. Nothing wrong with that & I watched some guys I usually pass relatively easily going pretty quick & there's no way I would have gotten near them on that track. You either love it or hate it. I hate it, sooked out & am proud of it! Coudo's to the guys who rode.
K

SOOK.... Pigs in lipstick ruled the pre78 class. Even if there was only one wearing lipstick, the other ugly Yamaha suckling took up the mantle...LONG LIVE THE THUMPERS

Hmmmm....Farm bikes or tractors? I'm still digging rocks out of my bike & gear from that pair of 4T'ers  ;D

500 4T'ers, great sound, max torque, plenty of roost  ;)

One of them "tractors" was only a 420cc. Sorry about the roosting!

Sweet pics Geoff! Glad I could represent the Vinduro team and smoke em on a ''farm bike''  ;D. I had so much fun on the weekend, thanks to all the organisers that put on the event!! I recon this event has potential to get much bigger, im not really sure why it hasnt??

Whoa there Curtis.....

Didn't you get smoked by another FOURSTROKE, ex farm bike in race 1  ;D Lucky for you I missed race 2. But I do remember telling you well done for flying the FOURSTROKE flag. Long live the old thumpers!

Some old 'farm bike' gets the holeshot in pre78, I think a similar bike won pre 78 last year too.
Maybe these motocross bikes aren't all there cracked up to be ;D

You know the old Journalist code...
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story ;D

I wondered who was on that Honda, didn't see you in the pits
Never let the truth get in the way Geoff.... Somehow I didn't see you there either... I was probably too busy trying to get more water in me so I wasn't so ( lethargic from the night with Goof and M Hill) DEHYDRATED
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 09:14:31 am »
Yep I'm a sook but think I'm allowed to be these days. I have a track in my back yard paddock, it has bumps, jumps, berms & ruts, takes about 30 seconds to do a lap. Still, for me it's way more fun & interesting than what Clarkefield was. Sounds a bit like I'm bagging the track, which I certainly am not. That style of racing is not for me but hat's off to the guys who can rode so damn fast on billiard tables.
K

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 09:41:23 am »
Glad I could represent the Vinduro team and smoke em on a ''farm bike''

Nice work Curtis, is that the same bike you rode, and passed me on, at Blackwood?

Tex

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 10:46:45 am »
Yep I'm a sook but think I'm allowed to be these days. I have a track in my back yard paddock, it has bumps, jumps, berms & ruts, takes about 30 seconds to do a lap. Still, for me it's way more fun & interesting than what Clarkefield was. Sounds a bit like I'm bagging the track, which I certainly am not. That style of racing is not for me but hat's off to the guys who can rode so damn fast on billiard tables.
K

It's all good Mick. I know you're a bit gun shy these days and no one could blame you. We don't bounce as well as we used too  ::) Personally, I'm glad I didn't pull the pin on Sunday when I saw all the dust at practice. I love natural terrain racing. It's perfect for an old fat beer pig like me. As for a billiard table, some of the acceleration and braking bumps caused by the late model brigade were hard work on the pre75 bike and still tough on pre78. Lines had to be chosen well ahead of time to avoid some of it.
I think the guys did a top job with the track layout and having the CFA tanker there to keep a bit of the dust at bay was brilliant.

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 06:49:21 pm »
Im pissing myself laughing right now ;D. Look what youve started. Cheers for the support TBM! Bummer you missed the second race, you did get me in the first one. Yep same XT I vinduro ride, but thats as far as I would push that old tractor, it would bend the forks (or my back) on a proper MX track. But ill ride anything if I get the chance!!
Also cheers for the plug Johny!!

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 08:10:51 pm »
You rode that fat pig Yamaha like it didn't have a tomorrow Curtis. And I had fun in the last watching you get the evil thing sideways every where you went....,AWESOME.

Put some decent forks and swing arm on the old pig and lets show em how fourstrokes can rule the world  ;D