Author Topic: Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.  (Read 11079 times)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »

Hi all,
         The online entry for Viper Round 5 which is our Grass Track meeting is now open.

Please follow the link and get your entry in ASAP as this meeting is shaping up to be bigger and better than last year.     

Online Entry.        http://www.mototrailsoz.com.au/motocross/mx-series/viper-vintage-motocross-2014/round-5-sunbury

This year a lot more has been planned for the Saturday including a show and shine bike display in the pit area, John Orchard and Shane the landowner have also planned a Pony Express course on the same property for the Saturday. 

We have again invited the Classic Scramble Club and VCM to Vipers Grass Track race meeting, the Saturday will consist of free practice from 1pm to 5pm as per last year and you will only need a Recreation Licence to take part in this. Entry Fee is the same as last year at $70 and this will get you the practice on Saturday and your racing on the Sunday, the event will have catering onsite for the Saturday and the Sunday and free camping again for the Saturday night.

More info to follow, stay tuned.

Regards Peter Gruber.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 5 Grass Track. 20th & 21st September.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:02:30 pm »
For those who can't get to Cooka and are looking for something a lil Different, this is a good event. For the Melbournians is not too far either, should be a cracka.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:22:15 pm »
Myself, Johnny O, Shane and a couple of top lads in 4wd's traipsed the paddocks of Clarkefield til dark yesterday afternoon to set out a small enduro loop. I think we've done a reasonable job considering the space we've got to work in, a lot of it is across VERY ROCKY, scotch thistle infested paddock, some cool up n downs and a hill climb or two. There was opportunity to make a an awesome (semi) extreme enduro loop on this property but giving considering to some of the older machinery that might ride it just wasn't fair to do so, we set the course out that we believed we could get around on a DT175 which should keep it manageable to everyone. I will stress this highly though……..it is ROCKY, very ROCKY!!! This will not be a piston slapping speed trial, to be honest i reckon a lot will not exceed 40km/h around the entire circuit, plenty of slow "dodge the boulders" areas to be very careful of..choose not to heed this warning and you'll likely end up on your arse more than once. That said, i think it will be great little test of ability, concentration, obstacle awareness and great sideshow to everything else that will be happening over the weekend. Can't wait, see ya there  :)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:24:44 pm »
why did I immediately think of scotch thistles and rocks when I read "Clarkfield"...... :o

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:31:44 pm »
why did I immediately think of scotch thistles and rocks when I read "Clarkfield"...... :o

My green thumb is non existent, it could be scotch thistle, artichoke or some other sort of prickle….rest assured though these will be the only pricks at the event  ;D the rest are all top class lads ;)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:09:54 pm »
Yeah, welldone Brendan  :)

Heed the warning, rocks rocks rocks, it will definatly be about skill, I have ridden it a few times on the XR200 and slow and steady is the go.

I also believe Viper will be running a class for the Vinduro boys on the grass track ( non competetive of course ) Like 1/2 time entertainment at the Granfinal lol  ;D

Lions club catering & huge bonfire for those Camping or not in a hurry to leave on Sat nite.

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:56 pm »

Hi All,
          Quick update for this weekends Viper Grass Track meeting at Clarkefield.

Again please get your entries in ASAP as they will close on the Friday night at 7pm, follow this link and fill in your details then hit submit and your all done.    Online entry:    http://www.mototrailsoz.com.au/motocross/mx-series/viper-vintage-motocross-2014/round-5-sunbury

This event keeps getting bigger and better every year which is very good to see, something new for the Saturday this year is the Show & Go as well as a Pony Express track. This part of the weekend has been made possible by the efforts and vision of John Orchard, the landowner Shane and their group of helpers. Below is the info regarding this part of the weekend, if you need any further info about this please contact John at:   [email protected]

http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=35897.0

The Viper Grass Track part of the Saturday will be the same as last year with practice on the actual grass track to commence at 1pm and finishing at 5pm, you will need a minimum of a Rec. licence for this practice. The afternoon practice is included in your entry of $70 for the Sunday racing, as per last year practice is open for the afternoon and you can choose to do as many laps as you want. If the track becomes to congested with riders we will have timed sessions and place a limit on how many riders are out there at once.

There will be food and drinks available on both days including the Saturday night so please make use of the food vans that will be there for us, on the Saturday night we will again be treated to a huge bonfire provided by the landowner Shane and his family so please make sure to let them know how much we appreciate there efforts and thank them for having Viper there again. The bonfire is a good night to catch up with everyone in a great atmosphere, camping is free and best of all you don`t have to drive anywhere, the pits this year will be at the house end of the property which is where the bonfire is also held. The food vans, start gate, pit area and toilets are all located at this end of the property and should make for a very easy set up of pit tents etc. Please note that any rubbish that you generate during the weekend needs to be taken away with you when you leave, there will be a few bins provided near the food vans but the rest is your responsibility to take off the property. Please make this a high priority as the land is clean when we arrive and needs to be left that way when we leave.

Sunday will kick off around 8am with any last minute entries that turn up on the day then riders briefing at 8.45am, as per last year some limited practice sessions will take place from 9am then racing to start straight after. We have extra classes to get thru on the Sunday as we have invited VCM and CSC to take part in our race meeting so please keep an eye on the time and be ready to go early, not later. We have provided flaggies and a first aid crew for this weekend.

If you have any questions regarding the weekend you can contact me on  [email protected]    or 0438 307 861 

Regards Peter Gruber.

Offline Speed

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 09:52:09 am »
Just adding to what Peter has said.

Please no tear offs. 
Duct tape your lights if you have them. 
At the Bonfire.  Only place items that burn into the fire. No Glass, No Cans, No Bottle Tops Etc.

It's look like the weather is going to be good to us this year.  So have a great weekend.

Cheers Shane.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 07:48:45 pm »
We are a little confused but I am not a member of Viper, but could you please tell me the total cost if I ride the Saturday and the Sunday without an mv licence ?

Thanks Mr Maico

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »
We are a little confused but I am not a member of Viper, but could you please tell me the total cost if I ride the Saturday and the Sunday without an mv licence ?

Thanks Mr Maico

Ken as I understand it to ride Saturday and Sunday without and MA license you'd be up for:

Saturday:
1 day Rec license $25
Viper day membership $20

Sunday:
Viper entry fee $70
1 day race license $55
Viper day membership $20

So I guess to ride everything over both days you'd be up for $190, but Viper may offer a weekend license to save a few bucks?? Anyone who knows more than me please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong...

Cheers, Brendan

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 09:15:47 pm »
There are 'non competitive' on-track (MX) sessions on the Sunday that only require a rec licence , $25 for the one-day or $100 for a twelve-month recreation licence.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 09:23:49 pm »
Are vcm members included in this meet ?.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 09:33:53 pm »
Yes I think VERi, Viper & CSC.  VCM are not a club, they are just the MV Vintage MX Committee as far as I thought?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 09:36:40 pm »
Yes I think VERi, Viper & CSC.  VCM are not a club, they are just the MV Vintage MX Committee as far as I thought?

VCM are a register not a "club" per say

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 10:28:17 pm »
Are vcm members included in this meet ?.

Yes Hilly VCM are invited as per last year, a lot of their members attended and raced at this meet last year.  Peter.