Author Topic: Hopetoun GP vinduro, June 1  (Read 18712 times)

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Hopetoun GP vinduro, June 1
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:03 pm »
don't bother, im going to buy the winning ticket.... ;D

Too Late I have all ready bought It  ...

The Stig

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 08:02:28 pm »
boom tish!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 10:28:08 pm »
I now have to work on the Saturday!! :'( so to save some time n dosh I might shoot straight there after work on the Weestrom and pack the swag  :) is anyone coming through Bacchus marsh on the way that would have a spare spot for my Berg so I can get around the loop doing my duties and sweep riding on event day?? Extra lengths of tow rope will be made available out on the loop for anyone able to help out  ;D

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 09:42:31 am »
Closing date for postal entries is tomorrow, and this includes entries sent via email.  You will be able to enter at the event for $80.

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 08:51:54 pm »
just finished my prep for Hopetoun... what was going to be a clean and scrub turned into a bit of a saga. I decided to straighten out the bent radiator and then realised the shroud was all cracked so put a bit of glue on it to hold it together. ::) noticed the clutch was slipping and that the release was immediate on the lever so off with clutch cover (luv husky clutch covers) adjusted the release mechanism...hopefully ok. refitted the water pump impellor circlip which was in the radiator :P

found the source of the annoying vibration.. lhs radiator bottom hose clamp head was touching the pipe. fiddly fix but all done

set of front wheel bearing and clean and grease of the brakes...notice that the speedo drive was bare... no replacement spacer..all this time!! that's why the forks were harsh, always pulled in too tight...idiot! put in a few washers and all looks much better.

both the chain guide rollers were naffed so whipped a couple up out of some carbon impregnated nylon.

lifted the needle up 1 clip and tightened the muffler end cap. quick spin around the block and its going good. the forks and front brakes are transformed, the motor is a little rich as expected in the mid and all is good.

need to charge the go pro and get it all over to rockets for a lift on saturday

Hopetoun here we come!!!

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »
Brendon's, can you get you bike to Sunbury as has space for one more bike, and kit bag etc
Regards luffy,

Offline Berwick Boy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 11:58:36 am »

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 10:05:06 am »
Rog, you're a marvel, thanks for the PR. a reminder to all that VERi has Roger's book for $50 (unsigned) in your hand at the Hopetoun GP this weekend. These are collectors items and who knows what price they'll be on eBay soon? (Harrow medals anybody?)
I'm bummed out at the moment, the ute is at Dave's Ultra Tune workshop with serious engine issues and I strolled over to Red Plate the SWM at Sunshine Vic Roads and couldn't as they had no plates!!!!
 Looking a bit tricky for my ETA at Hopetoun. I'll cage a ride up with Dave H if necessary tho.
Mumble mumble grumble......

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 10:42:27 am »
the cogs of misfortune have lined up like a well oiled spline eh mate ;D

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hopetoun GP vinduro, June 1 - "Live" updates
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 06:21:02 pm »
For "live" updates from the event, go to the Breaking News section of the VERi website:

http://www.verivinduro.com.au/8/breaking-news/

Tex

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »
A lot Can happen in less than 24hrs, With PE prep'd and car loaded & trailer attached a family crisis arose. So Canam was rudely awakened from his slumber b4 6am and advised that I would not be making the inaugural Hopetoun Vinduro  :(  and Drakies machine would have to squeeze in with the SWM. So Tex u will need to amend the update on the Veri site, except the bit about PE's being so awsome preparation is not req'd  :P   Next stop Beaufort fingers X'd

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2014, 11:47:56 am »
Sorry to hear about the crisis Wombat, but at least CanAm was awoken at an ungodly hours, so it's not all bad news.

There are some new pics on the VERi site now under Breaking News.

Tex

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2014, 11:58:52 am »
I see blue sky in the pics on the VERi site
Looks a nice camp ground too, wishing I was there
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 12:26:08 pm »
Yes is sure does look like a beautiful setting for a fantastic event, with everyone drooling over the pictures from this years event I'd be pretty sure entries will be doubled in '15!! It's pissing down rain here in Bacchus Marsh, I've just put the lil one back to bed and I'm on my 3rd load of washing for the day  :'( I'd rather be wearing an apron and pushing my bike at Hopetoun than here!!  :-[

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 01:17:06 pm »
Abosolutely Brendan, I reckon it will be as big a Harrow, I just like the layout of it. Well planned by the committee and this gettin  Towns involved is a brilliant idea, the Veri club is bringing back old skool. Well done all :)

Just saw GMC doppelganger chris shaw with his KDX pipe woes, looks like a job for ''The REAL GMC'' ;D must be a KDX thing, can't wait til I get mine from the raffle  8)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:28:39 pm by The Wombat »