Author Topic: 2014 Classic Dirt Track Championships for Pre 78  (Read 16531 times)

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Classic Dirt Track Championships for Pre 78
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:22 pm »
One of the best Dirt Tracks In Australia, and they/we cant get Numbers???? :-[ :-[ :-[
Couple of CR`s

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2014, 05:19:17 am »
I would say a lot of people are like us , we have a pre75 and 2 evo's .Not going all the way there for a 125 and age class ride ,if there was no split would have entered 8 classes .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:24 pm »
I would say a lot of people are like us , we have a pre75 and 2 evo's .Not going all the way there for a 125 and age class ride ,if there was no split would have entered 8 classes .

I agree, hasn't been the same since the split, also the current economic climate doesn't help but if you could get a fair choice of classes, may of got few more interested punters.

One of the best Dirt Tracks In Australia, and they/we cant get Numbers???? :-[ :-[ :-[

Very disappointing for the Canberra club, thought DT was starting to get some momentum, saying that though I didn't enter due to only 1 pre 78 bike and the number of classes (1) couldn't be justified. :-\
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:59 pm »
Don't blame the split, it is not mandatory. It has proven a success for CMX, however if a club hosting CDT considers they can run Pre60 through Pre90 they can apply to do so.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 07:52:32 pm »
Wake up Col ,Dirt Track will never get the numbers that CMX get so get off that topic .Dirt Track needs its rules looked at , to many age groups ect .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 07:54:40 pm »
Agreed Col, ACT have a watered track and would really struggle to get through all classes in two days. Do MA still expect double the permit fee if a club applies to hold a combined event.
The hosting club has a responsibility to give competitors a decent amount of rides, imagine the furore if that didn't happen.
I feel sorry for the club and people involved.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 08:34:48 pm »
folks just voted with their feet,simple as that,last years was one big happy "family" event,so planets didn't align this time round,i get that, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 08:57:52 pm »
Yep, Mick but imagine the difference if the Evo and Pre '85s had been allowed to run as Championship classes, as was done at Temora last year, I know there was some drama getting it done that way this year, I'm still pissed off the way it's turned out, but never mind, next year I will be 70 so if the planets align for me, I'm gunna have a skid in the Super Seniors.
Foss

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2014, 09:27:02 pm »
I'm in the same vote , 1 pre 75 and pre 85 ,I haven't entered any of the titles since the split . I now do the vinduro scene to get away from al the bull s@#t