Author Topic: 2014 Classic Dirt Track Championships for Pre 78  (Read 16527 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
2014 Classic Dirt Track Championships for Pre 78
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:09:29 pm »
This sticky thread is for discussion about the 2014 DT Classic titles. This event will be promoted by the ACT MCC at the Fairbairn track near Canberra on the weekend of September 27/28.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Classic Dirt Track Championships for Pre 78
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:38:50 pm »
supps are with MA
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 07:20:46 pm »
Been hearing that for the last 6 months .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »
Haven't heard any more at this stage... I'll see if I can find out how things are progressing and report back here.

Update: Just checked in, still waiting on MA to approve the regs. Will let you all know what's the go once I hear the regs are out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:59:35 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »
Although the regs aren't out yet, we do know that the ACTMCC is definitely holding this event on the weekend of 27/28 September. This is the Classic DT Championship, run for bikes made before 1978.

I have to say too that the track is as good as it's ever been these days, the guys doing track prep keep it in tip top shape. Went to a practice day on Sunday and had a ball. If you want to try the track out for yourself, there will be a club day on 3 August.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »
I've created a Facebook group for this event here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/267347503471657/

This is not an official ACTMCC page, rather it's meant for all riders/pitcrew/spectators and anyone else interested. I'll post up what info and so on I can find, and feel free to post your own photos or ideas here. Note though, it's meant as a way to publicise the event and reach people who might not otherwise know about it. The group is NOT the place to complain or criticise any aspect of the event, this is meant to be a fun and positive way to promote the 2014 Classic Dirt Track Championships.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 07:22:22 am »
Supp Regs are not yet approved, however I can offer the following info about classes.

Classes will be as per the MoMS for Classic Dirt Track. Which is all the classes from Pre 60 to Pre 78 plus age classes in Pre 75. Support will be Pre 85 125, 250 and 263-Over, as well as Pre 85 125cc Juniors 13-u16yrs.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 06:59:17 pm »
I am told there are still problems getting the supp regs cleared through MA. However it is hoped these will be sorted in the next few days so hopefully we might see them within the week. The club is very keen and pushing ahead with preparation for a big weekend. Dont forget there is a DT club day at Fairbairn Park Sunday 3 August for anyone wanting to come along and get some track time.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »

Here's a great deal for anyone travelling to Canberra for the Classic Dirt Track Championships and looking for accommodation.

The Golden Age Motor Inn in Queanbeyan will offer a discount rate if you tell them you are coming for the race and mention the ACTMCC. You can even namedrop if need be, just tell 'em Darylene Austin sent you!  :)

You can ring them on 02 62971122, website is http://www.goldenage.net.au

Might need to book soon though as I hear they are expecting plenty of visitors with a few other things on in the region that weekend, including Floriade.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »
From all your posts Graeme looks like your the only one promoting this event . Is it just me or is there very little intrest .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 10:58:26 pm »
Well I just booked the motel now I just need to pull my finger out and get some bikes ready.

I reckon that when the Supp Regs are finally released there may a bit more interest shown.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 08:20:21 am »
Yeah Grant, the build up for this one has been underwhelming to say the least, hopefully when the reg's are out it picks up.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 12:44:25 pm »
I can't comment on the ACTMCC's approach to promotion/publicity, but rest assurred they are keen to run this event and are looking forward to it. Our track guy, Fred Senger, is a very committed dirt track/classic dirt track sort of character and I think the track itself will be very good. I've ridden there a lot lately and it's always in top condition.

The delay with the regs is unfortunate and as far as I can tell it is not the ACTMCC's fault, but I can't say for certain where the issues lie. I am told that this week will see serious efforts to get all the sticking points sorted and the regs approved.

If anyone is wavering, I can understand it. Once the regs are out, I think we can all accept it's a definite goer.  So, fingers crossed there is news within the next several days or so.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »
I haven't read the whole thread but is this title just for pre 78 bikes and what is the track surface?