Author Topic: Do You Moto 100?  (Read 52281 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Moto 100?
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2009, 01:52:36 pm »
At the time that I owned my DT100 I swore I would never ride one again >:(.  Would be interesting to see what one that goes properly rides like  :)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2009, 02:54:47 pm »
i think "flames" should be compulsory!
sweet as..... :D
"flat bickie"

DR

« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2009, 10:03:27 pm »
Do You Moto 100? in the US they do :P

http://martytripesvintage.com/MTs100WorksRevenge.html

I especially love this comment..

we all had Factory bikes in that era, we just didn't know it

I actually knew it all along! ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:05:52 pm by Doc »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2009, 10:22:54 pm »
1.        Tear down ( Removal of Head to measure bore and stroke, $30.00 dollars, money to go to Bar-B-Q
        and Beer fund for last race of year.  If Tear is legal, Tear down rider gets $ 20:00.
        The $10.00 dollars goes to Beer and Bar B Q fund.
2.        Tech Referee Steward, is Jim Pileggi .
3.        If caught cheating on 100cc rule, Cheater must buy everyone on race gate in class breakfast.
        Second offence, Cheater must buy Steak dinner for everyone on race gate in class.

Win!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2009, 01:14:09 pm »
Has this fizzled out or have I missed something, all the posts and talk but yet to actually hear of any races taking place. Still reckon its a brilliant idea, and if they ever hit the tracks would provide plenty of spectator entertainment. Guess it makes a good topic for bench racing sessions.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2009, 01:29:27 pm »
Has this fizzled out or have I missed something, all the posts and talk but yet to actually hear of any races taking place. Still reckon its a brilliant idea, and if they ever hit the tracks would provide plenty of spectator entertainment. Guess it makes a good topic for bench racing sessions.

or a feature race for CD7
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2009, 04:46:50 pm »
Has this fizzled out or have I missed something,
It does appear to have fizzed out. Nobody wanted to actually take the punt and put a class into an already overloaded race program. I agree it's a good idea, even if I did have something to do with it. I wonder if many actually built bikes? I've almost finished one and will put a bit of effort into it if the idea sparks up again but until pre 78 and the later classes are split to run at seperate meetings, I doubt if it'll ever happen. It was a lot of fun for the cyber racers amongst us to theorise their mega 100 racer.

oldfart

« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2009, 05:12:04 pm »
Firko, I thought it was going to be on for CD6 ( during lunch break ) But it ran out of steam. Never mind little ole  Ts 100 is sitting in the shed waiting for it's number to come up  :)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2009, 07:58:55 pm »
I took my CL 90 out to Nepean for the last Penrith dirt track meeting,
and ran it in Pre 70 and Classic 125.
unfortunately blew the gear box up during the second round.
to much horse power   flat shifting into second and stripped some teeth from the cogs,
only the 4th gear box to go this way ,I've got 2 more spares then i'm in trouble .
Cheers
Noel

DR

« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2009, 07:53:41 pm »
since the talk of the 100 blowfly class I've accumulated an SL100, a TS100 and a G5 Kawa 100 :-\ all I need is a yam and I can have a Blowfly shootout! ;D the interest generated could only be compared to reading the dunny wall :D

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »
Doc,I've got a DT100 here to make your collection complete.Needs a fair bit of spit and polish but, it'd scrub up fine.
Let it go for a few Turkeys.
Firko;I've been reading this thread with interest.(after downing a few Elijah Craigs,um,thats Bourbon, and getting the gumption up,to put forth my two cents,wrong as it may be!).
Mate, being the owner of 2 DT100s,and an a LT2 which are all bog standard and never having any spent dollars on them to make them race prepped,I understand exactly where you are coming from.
My bikes rarely ever see serious any run time.
Owning these bikes and never riding them hard is always a sore point to me.Do I sell them?Do I hold onto them?
That aside.
I think the spirit of fair game will abide,if;from the get go,we get the rules straight.As you've already outlined.Starting with absolutely no room for exceptions or arguments,and late add on's to suit!
Don't even fffing mention folding or non-folding footpegs.
I personally don't want to race someone who sneakily hots or gives his bike superior (meaning: later year,or factory only add ons) options that weren't available to the general buying public.So to just claim the trophy.
All I'd like is for the spirit of our sport to keep surviving,and for people to be honest.So long as what they bring to race is in accordance to what the rules allow.It will hopefully,keep everyone honest,keep alive the camaderie,and for all to have a good time.
If this happens,wether we finish first or last.
To compete wether it be a 100cc or 501cc.
This,is what our sport is about.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

DR

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »
jeez Mark you must like those dang turkeys as there's 1 here already with your tag on it ;) might need to see if I can't find it a few new friends 8)

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2009, 09:29:28 am »
I know.It must be hard watching moss grow on the bottle. :'(
Sorry Doc,but of late I haven't been able to get up that way.I have a job in Milton, Monday.Then back to Logan for a few days.
Been trying to free up a weekend.I'll ring you before I aim to swing by.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

DR

« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2009, 11:02:44 am »
no no, it's no problem Husk and trust me when I say it's perfectly safe here for any duration ;) but if it were a bottle of milk it's future would be in serious doubt! :D maybe collect at the Nats if not before...

albrid-3

« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2009, 08:31:02 pm »
There should be a class at the Australian Titles, at club level the classic scramble club run bucket class which is 100cc 2 strokes and 125 4 strokes, but the 4 stroke fellow cheat by making their 4 strokes bigger.