Author Topic: Do You Moto 100?  (Read 52279 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Moto 100?
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2008, 08:47:02 pm »
Obviously Buster prefers the 2 strokes like me ;D ;D
The little SL does run like a swiss watch though Doc - one thing that sticks in my mind from the Hondas of the day.  You seem to have the knack of tuning things - do you tune the white ones too ??  ;).

Elastic sided boots and no socks is a classic look.  Where your thongs not roadworthy at the time or have you been the victim of the kickback flicking your thong off like me ?.

The sound track was missing the take off part - obviously the back yard is too short for "launching".   ;D

Well done - still after the 2 smoker Vid to complete the set....anyone ??
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Doc

« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2008, 10:31:06 pm »
eh oldfart, I get done for vagrancy all the time cause of those pins and having no visable means of support!  ;D

::) you should hear Buster with the 2 smokers YZ250..they're his absolute favorite!  He goes into a shredding frenzy on whtever he gets his teeth into..I usually clean up all my belongings before starting :D

ya know I did glance at my thongs but thought for the video I'd do the right thing incase any kids were watching :P truth is my finely tuned swiss watch wasn't expected to start quite so easily and I've lots more miles to walk this week ;D so you noticed my quick tune eh :P bit like RD in that department, I dislike riding bikes that idle or surge, run on and or don't shut off cleanly when the throttle is shut hence I have the quick twist of the idle screw down to a fine art. That's my fine tuning!! ;D

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:34:05 pm by Doc »

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2008, 06:05:04 pm »
Well lads I've just flicked through this thread for the first time & I love the Idea of this class, just a thought in keeping with the fun factor how would it go if after every race on the day  the guy who wins the first race has to swap bikes with the guy who finishes last for the next race the guy who finishes second swaps with the guy who came second last etc etc that would one deter people from going to overboard with the preperation of ther bikes and put a different twist on the whole day, dunno lads just a thought Cheers Lou

TM BILL

« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2008, 06:08:46 pm »

firko

« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2008, 06:29:06 pm »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2008, 09:16:03 am »
That is a beauty to Firko!! How i wish I had the resources to bid for it or make my own one :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:37:19 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:48 pm »
serious question..will this class ever be a happening thing? all well and good to have 16 pages of yappings but how many people on this forum will actually have room on their trailers or in the their vans to transport the bikes and how many will actually wish to participate in such an event. Be okay as a novelty event providing the above criteria can be met. I don't think there's going to be the numbers to make up a grid and it's a waste of time having a 3 or so races if there isn't a sufficient number of bikes. It's not as though they can really run with any other class either. As much as I love the idea I don't feel it will be viable excepting maybe a 1 off thing at CD6 or something but again, who's going to want to drag a bucket class bike all over the country? Am I being a pesimist or is there really enough interest outside this forum? In all honesty, if given no choice and I had to leave a bike at home it wouldn't be an RM or TM which doesn't leave much else excepting the poor little SL100 :-\ in the US they have a bit more of a following as it was part of thier schoolboy days, not so here, the 100's have never been taken half seriously and I feel the situation/perspective really hasn't changed :-\ not saying the class is serious but logistics can be ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:41:03 pm by Doc »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2008, 10:57:50 pm »
Doc sad to say you are most likely 100% correct with your musings. But having said (shit I sound like a politician!!  :-X) This has been 16 pages about dreaming of, tracking down, building and being what I most enjoy about pre75 VMX. No cares about if the tyre pressure sticker is on straight,you dont have $2000 brand name handle bloody bars or if your footpegs are made of the correct grade of Martian shit etc etc. Hey as a terrific bonus your personal cheap treasure can hit a track or a a bit of a farmers field in a totally laughter producing race romp !win or come stone forking motherless last. Lets dream on grin and bare it :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:16:48 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »
A  page or so back I asked for people to put their hands up if they were fair dinkum about this or whether they were just cyber racing. I hoped we'd get a decent positive response but the result was underwhelming to say the least and it appears that our little folly was just that, a chance for the cyber racers to vent their spleen. I still think it's a great idea and sorely needed to introduce a cheap entry level class for club days and non competitive events. For it to work though we needed a club to put their hands up and announce that they'd include it as an exhibition class at their events but sadly that hasn't happened.  I guess this idea will now join boot savers and anti dive front brakes on the failed experiment shelf. I'll still finish my bike as will Jonesy and we may bring them to CD6 to use as pitbikes and show what can be done with a bit of imagination and a $100 puss box. I'm a bit disapointed but it's not as if I haven't got other things to do ::) It was worth a shot.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:44 pm »
Firko I think this little me dunger thing has bitten like a vampire and infection is getting uncontrollable :o ..as much as I have other grander projects (subject to finances ..) I find myself really getting into the little crappers. Truthfully now your bitten too ;) and yes even you that are now reading this post 8)!!!!!
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2008, 01:23:05 am »
i still like the idea and plan to get my little DT up to scratch but i'll be honest and say there's other bikes i'm working on first.
basically for me, and like Tim said, they're never gonna be a concourse resto or a serious racer but i just want one in the shed and if i ever have a begginer rider with me then it'd be the perfect bike for them to learn on or even just a fun bike for that family camping trip to tow the kids around on a sheet of plywood.
i reckon it'll take time to get it all to happen but i still reckon Tahitian Reds origional post in this thread struck a chord with a few of us.
it just looks like fun.
"flat bickie"

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2008, 07:24:01 am »
Vandy,

I finally got the MX100b out on the track at the AHRMA Tulare National.  It sucked a crank oil seal and I was crop-dusting all around the track, but what a load of fun!!!!  You guys need to get this thing going down-under.

Look at the end of this video and you can see it looks like he is catching up to burning smudge-pot or wild fire.  LOL

http://media.putfile.com/AHRMA-Tulare-Sportsman-125-MX

Here are the AHRMA rules for the MX100 class:

11.1.4 100cc MOTOCROSS: 88-100cc two-stroke and 88-120cc four-stroke production motorcycles
manufactured as up to 1974-model-year machines, and like-design. All motorcycles
in this class must have been manufactured 100cc or smaller-displacement bikes.
Eligible machines include:
Bridgestone
Bultaco Lobito or Sherpa S
DKW
Hodaka 90 or 100
Honda CT90 or CB/CL/SL/XL100
Indian
Kawasaki 90 or 100
Moto Beta
Penton
Rickman-Hodaka
Sachs
Suzuki TC/TS90 or TS/TM100
Van Tech frames with any eligible engine
Yamaha YL1E, HT1, LT2 or DT/MX100
Zundapp
a) Engine displacement can be increased to class limit, plus allowable overbore.
b) Engines must have no more than five gearbox ratios.
c) Electronic ignitions and reed-valves are allowed.
d) Maximum carburetor size is 28mm.
e) Aftermarket frames are limited to those listed, pending approval of the Rules &
Eligibility Committee.
f) Engine/frame combinations must be as manufactured; no mixing-and-matching of
engines and chassis into "specials."
g) Honda four-strokes are limited to the one-piece cylinder head. No major engine
components from 125cc engines are allowed.
Ineligible 100cc Motocross machines are:
Any machine or major component manufactured as/for a 125cc motorcycle.
Six-speed gearboxes of any type.
Rickman frames originally manufactured for Zundapp engines.
Monarch frames.

I hope this helps!  :)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Doc

« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2008, 07:43:53 am »
if nothing else it'll give me the chance to give the little SL100 the full treatment 8) the stickers will be straight and she'll probably have her roady gear back on but I'll be giving the Martian footpegs a miss Tim ::) I believe the Martians had 'em made in china as they couldn't compete with the price!..might explain that weird stuff the chinese make things out :-\ looks like metal, feels like metal but with the properties of plasticine :D

oldfart

« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2008, 08:28:07 pm »
Doc, come on who you kidding, you and Wayne lugged a ute full plus a trail full of em ( bikes ) to CD5, plus the extras on the way back REMEMBER . And who rode his pride and joy -  put put putta put around the pits  ;D
Firko .... My shitta ( TS 100 ) won't be winning any show and shine awards, more so what you can do for under $500-oo

Doc

« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2008, 08:59:52 pm »
eh Stew, I'd drag the SL around SE QLD but I highly doubt I'd drag it interstate. Taking more than 1 or 2 bikes really is begging for trouble sometimes and I've made a pact to take the essentials only from now on. Locally yes, interstate no. I hate my logic or lack of sometimes, I'd love nothing better then to take all my bikes warts and all as I only ever have a choice of 2 or 3 at most hence at present I could not drop the RM400, TM125 or TM/RM125 rides for the sake of a 1 off novelty event for the SL. You've really struck a chord with me on this Stew and I hate myself for this fact alone, I have all these bikes and rarely do they see the world outside nor  do I do a bloody thing with them :( it's a friggin' waste but I just can't offload anything for the life of me ::) I'm really getting sick of piecing them together and then stuffing them away but I've little option. I'm trying to get a few up here in the house for a static display..least I'd be able to look at them but it's a habit I can't walk away from ::)