Author Topic: Aussie 4 Day Starters  (Read 26710 times)

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie 4 Day Starters
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »
So does that mean you will be joining both Nathan and I as the more the merrier and after all there is no pressure , we are there as a team if we finish that in itself is a great achievement

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:34 pm »
 a whole lot of stars planets and money will need to align before I could commit.

its one event ive never done and this looks like the best opp I could get but trying to build a house this year (subject to the planning gods) so not working is stretching the savings etc etc.

if some work pops up and time is available running up to and for the event im half interested.

the bike will be up to it, tyres and spares would be an issue but that $$ will fix those things.

so I will hang on the outside of this thread and see how it goes... I'm saving hard to make it to the Hopetoun desert ride as this years highlight.

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 01:07:09 am »
Great idea, Relfy. I like the motivation behind the fundraising too (I'm a black dog owner).

I'd LOVE to have another crack, but like last year, time and work commitments rule me out. I've done 4 previously and the added challenge of finishing on a Vinduro is getting me revved up. I'll keep my nomination in abeyance until next year.
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 11:17:16 am »
Don't forget for the time, skill, fitness, finance poor there is the Masters on the Gold Coast in November.
If you cant do either you can donate by supporting Relfi, or direct to Everydayhero. Check out the "Riders Against Depression" topic for details.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 07:03:45 pm »
Doesn't look much different, does it?

There's actually been a lot of time on it since the last lot of dribble.

The FMF pipe came from young Dougie P - brand new and at a good price. Thanks Dougie! Can't believe how much better it is - there don't seem to be any drawbacks to it apart from the extra noise - stronger botom end, stronger midrange, and at least as good in the top end. Throttle response is WAY better. Power delivery is just as smooth and electric as it was.

BarkBusters were removed in anticipation of the PCMXNs. Standard Yamaha (TTR?) handguards fit straight on, and even match the inexplicable Yamaha sticker on the radiator shroud...  ;D

Forks have been swapped to 88 KX250 items. Apart from the much better cartridge design, they also have much stiffer springs - the KX250's 0.37 springs are too soft for me, but they're miles better than the KDX's original 0.29s... I've got a pair of 0.46 springs and Gold Valves to go in.

Rear spring has been swapped to a 5.2 from an 89 KX250 (up from a 4.7), according to the recommendation from the RaceTech website. The sags all say that it is correct. I've rebuilt the shock out of the parts bike, and firmed up both compression and rebound stacks, using an educated guess. Haven't fitted it yet. I am willing/expecting to have a couple of goes at the valving, if needed.

Swapped the swing arm too - the bearings in the original had no movement at static height, but the wheel could move ~20mm side to side at full droop!

Hopefully it hasn't rained as much in Canberra as it has here, and I'll have the chance to try it out at the Heaven practice day on Saturday. I'm hanging for the chance to ride it properly - it really feels fantastic around my backyard (if that means anything...). Way beyond my expectations. :)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:05:23 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »
Looks FANTASTIC well done mate

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »
going to do a pipe guard for it? be shame to slam that shiny blinged pipe! 8)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 06:20:21 pm »
Steve and Nath. I think I have another Heaven member to join you guys. Either on a 87 Husky 430 or a IT 250 ( come on relfy....how much ) ;D

Will call you tonight Steve
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 07:41:46 pm »
Excellent! :)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 09:57:43 am »
B1 and B2 are ready gun support team (can of wd and plug spanner), and i heard 'the chef'  is coming to to look after you's  ;)
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 12:23:37 pm »
Branchy, sounds good will have to give the "chef" a pressure test at my place when B1 and B2 come for a Camping/Ride weekend before Gloucester event . Maybe the Gloucester event would be a good time to get some firm commitments  from the people that would like to be involved so we can hatch a plan as that would only be a bit over 3 months out from the event so if anybody is interested in being part of the VMX  Aussie 4 day team let us know so we can get some organisation happening . regards Relfy

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 06:55:30 pm »
I'm in!

:D

Seriously, I rode the KDX again today. I am now hanging for the A4DE - the bike is fantastic.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 07:01:59 pm »
Nath, Does my mates bike have to have a working headlight and taillight?

He's keen.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 07:19:20 pm »
Nathan as you did the 4 day last year and I am still a 4 day virgin could you give us an indication as to what would be of best value to the team, and what the necessities are so we have some idea of what is required and how to approach it .Also Viewers keep in mind it would be great if we could have a VMX stand included with the team and a few Restored Bikes on display to help promote the VMX movement and or Club pending what peoples thoughts are.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »
Ted, you need a working head light, tail light and brake light (either brake). Supp Regs may require horn/bell and/or mirror(s).
They get checked at scrutiny, and can be checked at any time during the event, but that's all. A battery tucked into the airbox may be enough to meet the requirements... ;)