Author Topic: Chain support ( guard )  (Read 48761 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Chain support ( guard )
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2014, 11:27:56 am »
Kevin I sincerely  believe your are passionate and want to do the right things by the members and the sport , but you seem to be a lone star in the Fog that is MA  :)

So profound, but sadly it is hard to near impossible to draw any other conclusion.
A rider shouldn't have to consult a lawyer with a linguistics degree to enter a race meet.

Why always a literary mine field MA? what about making our sport more attractive, with just a simple KISS system instead?.

I think a contender should only have to look up the chapter relating to their chosen discipline. Instead of having to continually cross-reference to other chapters for inclusions and exclusions. This is where, how and why the shit snowballs and confusion reigns.

KISSMA

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:40:46 am by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2014, 11:31:42 am »
It's ironic that the commission members (except for a little post from Freaky) haven't contributed to this discussion. I'll bet they're as bamboozled as we are.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2014, 11:33:32 am »
Ted I posted a pic of an easy-ruff one I made in 5 min for my 465 on the face book page.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2014, 01:16:45 pm »
Ted I posted a pic of an easy-ruff one I made in 5 min for my 465 on the face book page.  ;)
Thank you
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2014, 01:22:47 pm »

I think a contender should only have to look up the chapter relating to their chosen discipline. Instead of having to continually cross-reference to other chapters for inclusions and exclusions. This is where, how and why the shit snowballs and confusion reigns.

KISSMA

Ya got that in one, Mick !.
Foss

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »
 Wow pages of conjecture ,why do you pay MA? Would have thought because they work for you. If that was the case a phone call would tell you!!!
Or does the tail wag the dog? Quick phone them before they all go off to the isle of man holiday paid by the punters.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2014, 02:11:24 pm »
Kevin I sincerely  believe your are passionate and want to do the right things by the members and the sport , but you seem to be a lone star in the Fog that is MA  :)

So profound, but sadly it is hard to near impossible to draw any other conclusion.
A rider shouldn't have to consult a lawyer with a linguistics degree to enter a race meet.

Why always a literary mine field MA? what about making our sport more attractive, with just a simple KISS system instead?.

KISSMA

I kept telling everyone reading this post that the rule asking for a rear chain guard (guide) should be there, but everyone just kept going on with a lot of crap.  So now that I have let MA know that it should be there and they have agreed, you want to put shit on me.  I have very thick skin you need it to be an official.  I don't say after every post I am a MA Official.  If you read back through the posts and read between the lines there are other posters (is that the correct word) who are probably also officials.

I made MA aware of the mistake' because sooner or later the rule would be put in there.  Also please note CMX/CDT were the only discipline who weren't required to have the guard (guide).  Also it appeared that NSW were going to enforce it anyway.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2014, 02:27:11 pm »
ktm 47   "If you read back through the posts and read between the lines there are other posters (is that the correct word) who are probably also officials." 
or have been officials but that quote is true.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2014, 02:44:45 pm »

KISSMA

You probably won't believe this but that is exactly what they have done.  The "All Disciplines" chapter has disappeared and the rules relevant to each discipline have been added to each one.  Off course this made the MOMS a lot bigger because a lot of rules are repeated.  This is how some rules got left out.  There is a PDF version of the MOMS so you can print out the section that is relevant to you.

SO MA have kept it simpler.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

TM BILL

« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2014, 02:52:14 pm »
I have very thick skin you need it to be an official. 

Is that level 4 skin Kev  ;D ;D

As I said before , mate I know your wanting to do the right thing by the members and the sport and full credit to you .

Its just a pity that you seem to be a small minority in a system where its all about the badge to most .

All power to you  Kev but im sure you can see the level of frustration that the general lack of continuity and ambiguous MOMs create for the poor bastards who actually pay through licencing to finance the whole thing .

Look at the spectrum of people in this thread who are confused by this . In the unlikely event that a commissioner will comment on the matter the std response is " We will not be discussing it on this forum "  ok fair enough so where the fork do the paying members go for advise ?

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »
so when will the rule come for wheel covers so we dont put fingers in the spokes ?
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »
as it sounds like there are no hard copies of MOMS this year, only online...sigh...
So that's cool, we get our own bible..whoohooo then it will be easier to make submissions etc.

quote from MWA
the MoMS is now in a new format and is online. It is also downloadable. The format is now that every discipline is a stand-alone chapter, if required each can be printed separately or used from a tablet or laptop.
Each club will also be sent a printed copy to have on hand at events.

How much do you reckon MA pays for postage GCR to be sent out,...more than a RH or 74 CCM jobby   :P long live the trees  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »
Just a thought Ted, while fitting a new tyre a short time ago I noticed that if I had made my protective guard to run a bit lower and put a nice edge on it I may be able to cut off the offending arm before the fingers get chopped by the chain-sprocket!  ;) ;D
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2014, 05:27:46 pm »

[/quote]

I made MA aware of the mistake' because sooner or later the rule would be put in there.  Also please note CMX/CDT were the only discipline who weren't required to have the guard (guide).  Also it appeared that NSW were going to enforce it anyway.

Kevin
[/quote]

You will also find that in the MX/SX section they only ask for the primary to be covered

15.22.8 Drive chain protection

15.22.8.1 Front sprocket may be guarded so as to prevent direct access to the chain or sprockets with the fingers.

1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2014, 06:36:25 pm »
Just a thought Ted, while fitting a new tyre a short time ago I noticed that if I had made my protective guard to run a bit lower and put a nice edge on it I may be able to cut off the offending arm before the fingers get chopped by the chain-sprocket!  ;) ;D

Now you're talking Eliminate the problem before it arises We will market it as the Wiltshire Method
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B