Author Topic: Chain support ( guard )  (Read 48772 times)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Chain support ( guard )
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2014, 11:26:32 pm »
I'm of the belief that I don't require a rear chain guard, or a kill switch or a spring loaded foot peg or a handlebar protector and I'll take my MOMS along to every meet and say show me and they can't!!!

Back to the Tequila!!!!

That's if you download it, Barrington, as it sounds like there are no hard copies of MOMS this year, only online...sigh...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:47 pm »
Hey Glenn hope your well.  Yep will have to bring myself into the 21st century and take a laptop and USB stick!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »
That's if you download it, Barrington, as it sounds like there are no hard copies of MOMS this year, only online...sigh...

your jokin..as if the job isn't hard enough. Maybe we will get a laptop supplied each  :P  ;)   :)
Best is in the West !!

TM BILL

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2014, 06:54:38 am »
What a great system MA are running , 10 pages and only one comment from an official on page 8 .

Quote " if its in the new chapter online then its gotta be on the bike Ted."

No Yes its correct or no its incorrect or any reference to where in the Moms it might be, just the usual half arsed comment just like years of the whole alloy arm bullshit  ::)

its all about the badge  ;)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2014, 07:42:50 am »
As EA and I are officiating at the Kings and Queens of Canberra this weekend, EA is the Steward, we have to be on top of any rule changes. sooooo, here's my take on the rear sprocket chainguard rule.

Ther is NO mention of a rear sprocket chainguard in the CDT/MX rules, however, in the DT rules there is, GCR 20.16.8.6.
Geezers, where does that leave us ??.

If a rider was competing, on a Classic bike, in a class other than a Classic class,  the Unlimited for example,  a rear sprocket guard would have to be fitted, however in a Classic class, it would not.

Nice one MA !!

The Rules are interpreted by the official concerned on the day, so really it's up to the way the COC reads it and then the Steward if it's not sorted by the COC.

Don't even mention the online GCRs to EA, we have tried to get a hard copy from MA and MNSW, the answer, "your club will print one for you", does that not smack of MA devolving costs to the Clubs ?, The bean counters win again.

Darylene, from the ACTMCC has done just that for EA, got a copy professionally printed and bound, thanks heaps

Aaaah well, we'll go to Canberra and get a dose of Dirt Track, watch all the young'uns and the rest of the lads enjoying some skids, I guess that's what it's all about, for us anyway, see ya there ??
Foss and EA
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:45:29 am by JAP 454 »

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2014, 08:18:22 am »
If nobody retro fits any chain guard/guide to their old bike(s), who's going to be left racing? There is strength in numbers guys and gals.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:54 am »
What a great system MA are running , 10 pages and only one comment from an official on page 8 .

Quote " if its in the new chapter online then its gotta be on the bike Ted."

No Yes its correct or no its incorrect or any reference to where in the Moms it might be, just the usual half arsed comment just like years of the whole alloy arm bullshit  ::)

its all about the badge  ;)

From the verysame official that ruled the alloy arm on my bike was illegal for the classic Nats  after seeing a very bad photo I sent him from my phone
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2014, 09:52:13 am »
Well done Mick D, However the minutes of the CMX&CDT commission which were approved by the MA Board ask for the exemption to be removed.  It isn't in the new MOMS yet.  But MA are aware of the omission, it is only a matter of time.

I see someone has said there has only been one comment from an official. Wrong!!!!!! what the hell am I

Ok here is the answer from MA

"Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the pick up, this was incorrectly omitted as you quite rightly point out.

I will have the previous 12.8.8.6 added into the 2014 MoMS by the end of the week.

Kind regards,

Bron Sorensen

Development & Rule Coordinator

Motorcycling Australia

Ph: (03) 9684 0509

www.ma.org.au
"

[/size]
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2014, 09:57:36 am »
I'm sure their will be people out there who will say why did I bring it too MA attention.  Simple, sooner or later they would spot the omission.  I just thought it was better it was fixed sooner rather than later.

Kevin MA level four official

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:33 am »
Well done Mick D, However the minutes of the CMX&CDT commission which were approved by the MA Board ask for the exemption to be removed.  It isn't in the new MOMS yet.  But MA are aware of the omission, it is only a matter of time.

Please also remember the contents of this post.  The previous exemption for CMX/CDT is to be removed.

I can'r speak for other officials, but I do think giving riders a little time to comply with the late notification of the rule change is reasonable.

And I stress a little time.  Also I think the intention of the rule isn't to cover the rear sprocket, just have something in front of the sprocket to restrict the chance of someone's fingers going into the sprocket with the chain.  Most chain guides do this.  The Bultaco on MR MX facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/432833203504761/ is probably an example of a chain guide that does this.

This is just my opinion, other official's may think differently.  I will try to get some concensus on this.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:15 am »
in my last post i made refrence to back numbers they are compulsory now at all meets.
didn`t need to wear then at club/interclub meets last year

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2014, 11:05:05 am »
wtf is a back number ???

TM BILL

« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2014, 11:06:00 am »

I see someone has said there has only been one comment from an official. Wrong!!!!!! what the hell am I

SHALL I START A FORUM POLL TO ASK PEOPLE WHAT YOU ARE

As usual I will spell it out for you as your ego clouds your vision  ::) ::) im very sorry that I dared not to recognise your status within the fuct up dysfunctional, unuser come  bill payer  unfriendly organisation that is MA your holiness  ;D

I should have said commissioner and not official  ::) funny how Ted picked up on it straight away but it went straight over your head . 

Ok here is the answer from MA

"Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the pick up, this was incorrectly omitted as you quite rightly point out.

I will have the previous 12.8.8.6 added into the 2014 MoMS by the end of the week.

Kind regards,

Bron Sorensen

Development & Rule Coordinator

Motorcycling Australia

Ph: (03) 9684 0509

www.ma.org.au
"

[/size]

TM BILL

« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2014, 11:09:21 am »
wtf is a back number ???

Kevin will be along in a minute to correct me ( as he is a grade 4 steward amongst other positions within MA 0

But as far as I know a back number is the one behind the front number  ;D

Over to his Holiness to trump that answer  :)

TM BILL

« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2014, 11:14:59 am »

Please also remember the contents of this post.  The previous exemption for CMX/CDT is to be removed.

I can'r speak for other officials, but I do think giving riders a little time to comply with the late notification of the rule change is reasonable.

Naturally as that would mean communication within the society and possibly some help to the paying member

And I stress a little time.  Also I think the intention of the rule isn't to cover the rear sprocket, just have something in front of the sprocket to restrict the chance of someone's fingers going into the sprocket with the chain.  Most chain guides do this.  The Bultaco on MR MX facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/432833203504761/ is probably an example of a chain guide that does this.

This is just my opinion, other official's may think differently.  I will try to get some concensus on this.

Exactly because that's how MA operates AMBIGUITY helps to divide and conquer  ;)

Kevin I sincerely  believe your are passionate and want to do the right things by the members and the sport , but you seem to be a lone star in the Fog that is MA  :)