Author Topic: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX  (Read 62489 times)

albrid-3

Re: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
Branchy, Did you end up getting the honda.

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2013, 09:54:39 AM »
No dave , i got a....   new starter motor and a huge bill for the wiring loom that goes to it on my 4x4

you should post that photo on here i am sure it will be sold before the end of days trading

i appoligised to graham , talk soon

sweet little honda project for some likely lad or lass the pipe alone is worth the cash
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »
Nada, I was 14yo in 94 and loved all the bikes of OUR era. I also love all the bikes of my DADS era... and everything in between. Im an enthusiast and appreciate all the passion these older guys have for bikes of there era. People think im weird when I am chewing there ears off about maico's at work.  I haven't read through all the posts so probably repeating shit! As stated in the top right hand side of my screen.."The forum for fans of old dirtbikes" Me personally, a 92 CR250 is old and I will happily support any mx to create another form of affordable racing away from the modern 4 stroke scene.
 Im sure my dad would be pumped for me to have an interest in my era of mxers, just like all us younger guys have been supporting the scene from eras where it was long before our time. It works both ways in my opinion.  I have a 1981 Maico 490 that dad built, and its the most satisfying thing ive ever had in my shed. It gets my blood pumping just looking at it. Just need to ride it more instead of just racing go karts!
Ive followed mx closely from early 90's and still do. I started VMX at 22yo, and loved it. I remember when pre90 was being talked about and honestly it was a bit weird but exciting for the few young guys having a crack, at the thought of pre90 in VMX but look now, it generated interest from a different era of riders and is a recognized class. More entries means more $$$ and more $$$ means its a bit more attractive to the clubs to run an event. Seeing simon healys 88' KX500 tearing up the track was unreal.
Good luck with it all, ive already heard a few lads talking at work about what your thinking of from Facebook.

mxmaniac It's great to see you have such a loved of VMX.  I see you would like to ride/race your Maico 490 more.  Check this facebook page out https://www.facebook.com/events/1382144772030061/?ref=5  for the Australian Post Classic MX Champs next year at Toowoomba.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
Nada, I was 14yo in 94 and loved all the bikes of OUR era. I also love all the bikes of my DADS era... and everything in between. Im an enthusiast and appreciate all the passion these older guys have for bikes of there era. People think im weird when I am chewing there ears off about maico's at work.  I haven't read through all the posts so probably repeating shit! As stated in the top right hand side of my screen.."The forum for fans of old dirtbikes" Me personally, a 92 CR250 is old and I will happily support any mx to create another form of affordable racing away from the modern 4 stroke scene.
 Im sure my dad would be pumped for me to have an interest in my era of mxers, just like all us younger guys have been supporting the scene from eras where it was long before our time. It works both ways in my opinion.  I have a 1981 Maico 490 that dad built, and its the most satisfying thing ive ever had in my shed. It gets my blood pumping just looking at it. Just need to ride it more instead of just racing go karts!
Ive followed mx closely from early 90's and still do. I started VMX at 22yo, and loved it. I remember when pre90 was being talked about and honestly it was a bit weird but exciting for the few young guys having a crack, at the thought of pre90 in VMX but look now, it generated interest from a different era of riders and is a recognized class. More entries means more $$$ and more $$$ means its a bit more attractive to the clubs to run an event. Seeing simon healys 88' KX500 tearing up the track was unreal.
Good luck with it all, ive already heard a few lads talking at work about what your thinking of from Facebook.

Thanks Mate, i have a few dedicated people behind the scenes, we are pretty pumped with the response, and am determind to get something off the ground soon:)
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »
Firko, you can't claim to be supportive of an era that you also describe as beige...
The backhander shows how shallow your support is.

Bill's beige/all the same description is just as wrong in Pre-95 as it is for Pre-75 - and time spent riding or working on the bikes makes that obvious.

It is very clear that despite some grand statements and the occasional token gestures, the sport of VMX is only about Baby Boomers - anyone else is merely tolerated, but only if they behave exactly the right way...
Congratulations people, you're making your wish come true... ;)

Thats ironic , i have changed the colour of the statement i wanted to highlight to beige and its virtually invisible  ;D

Allright ill bite what are the big differences then Nathan ? i raced all through that era and cant remember anything significant ??? except the seat cover revolution .

This era (1990 on) of MX in Australia was very exciting.  I was Race Secretary/Series Co-ordinator for the Shell Advance/Sunshine State MX series.  We went from about 200 entries to 400 plus.  It was the era for Queensland that produced riders like Andrew McFarlane, Troy Carroll, Michael Byrne, Mick Cook etc and there were just as many in other states.

To say it was beige is insulting.  There are a lot of riders and ex-riders out there from this era.  It was also when the Thumper Nats was at it's best.

If this wasn't your era no worries, but don't insult it.

Kevin

What about me Kevvie LOL  :D...I remember us "discussing" issues on a number of occasions lol....

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »

mxmaniac It's great to see you have such a loved of VMX.  I see you would like to ride/race your Maico 490 more.  Check this facebook page out https://www.facebook.com/events/1382144772030061/?ref=5  for the Australian Post Classic MX Champs next year at Toowoomba.
[/quote]

I would love to do that event but its probably out of the question at this stage.   Hopefully my brother will do it as he still has the 1981 490 he won evo and pre85 Aussie title on in 08 in his shed and lives about an hour or so away! I might fly up and spectate, if the stars align I'd like to ride
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
Hi Nathan, How's it going buddy.

Could you ask your Facebook mates if they would be interested in a Off Road park in downtown Penrith. Open say 5/6 days a week along the same lines as Louee or Queensland Moto Park. Run by the Local Council/ NSW Government. I am garnering interest from the mainstream MX community ( very positive ) with a view to have social riding midweek and maybe some meets thru the year all under the MA banner. How good would it be to finish early one day, grab your bike and have a ride/ jet your bike or  test that new alloy arm all in under an hour traveling time.

I am going to council to place the seed in the New Year. I need to show that it will be self sufficent ( almost ) and not a drain on the community. May be a pipe dream but we will never know if we don't ask.

Get back to me

Ted

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »

Could you ask your Facebook mates if they would be interested in a Off Road park in downtown Penrith. Open say 5/6 days a week along the same lines as Louee or Queensland Moto Park. Run by the Local Council/ NSW Government. I am garnering interest from the mainstream MX community ( very positive ) with a view to have social riding midweek and maybe some meets thru the year all under the MA banner. How good would it be to finish early one day, grab your bike and have a ride/ jet your bike or  test that new alloy arm all in under an hour traveling time.

I am going to council to place the seed in the New Year. I need to show that it will be self sufficent ( almost ) and not a drain on the community. May be a pipe dream but we will never know if we don't ask.

Get back to me

Ted

Your the man Ted !!!!!!
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
Ted good on you for trying. As an ex councillor in Unzud have as much info as you can when you are questioned -re noise,would it effect traffic,nearest nieghbour miles away etc= it will all help your case.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »
I have to give it to you Ted, once you've got a cause between your teeth you're more single minded than Porky, my old bull terrier. Good on you mate.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2013, 10:43:28 AM »
You know as well as me Mark, only the squeaky wheel gets attention ;D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »

Get back to me

Ted

Hey Old Mate, for sure!!!! I'll give you a ring tomorrow night, and i'll post it on my page now:) Hell Yes, i'd say "Hell Yes" would be the Answer:):):) I'll even volunteer one day  a week there myself!!
I'm an experienced machine operator, and can create anything you want:) Wooo Hoooo!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:41:27 PM by nada »
Cheers

Nada

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2013, 12:23:36 PM »

Get back to me

Ted

Hey ya Ted

I have put it out there, and a good response so far!

But, an online petition that I could get shared around wouldn't go astray?

Cheers mate, i'll give you a ring about it!
Cheers

Nada

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
Andrew Barter has been trying to get a similar thing going on the northern beaches. You should talk to him as he has been going through discussions with local council

https://m.facebook.com/Belrosemotopark?id=337269916371481&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBelrosemotopark

albrid-3

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
Nada, I see that your putting the hard yards in and sticking to gun, your doing well and it only takes a few good helpers  like Ted and others to see your vision and then it will all come together. well done.