Author Topic: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX  (Read 62491 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »
I have met nada at a Buladelah event. He seemed like a very decent hard working young bloke.
He is just younger than most of us and accordingly prefers younger bikes and the majority of him and them will be here, long after we have floated down the Ganges ::)

I will have a run on my pre-85, if it works out within two or so hours travel. Especially if you do a grass track meet.
Good luck, count me in for membership ;)

At some point I will be there with my Nephew, sooner than latter.

I don't care about plastic sheepstations, it is about the duel with the bike next to me and love having fun in the company of my family and friends.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:50:05 PM by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »
I have met nada at a Buladelah event. He seemed like a very decent hard working young bloke.
He is just younger than most of us and accordingly prefers younger bikes and the majority of him and them will be here, long after we have floated down the Ganges ::)

I will have a run on my pre-85, if it works out within two or so hours travel. Especially if you do a grass track meet.
Good luck, count me in for membership ;)

At some point I will be there with my Nephew, sooner than latter.

I don't care about plastic sheepstations, it is about the duel with the bike next to me and love having fun in the company of my family and friends.

Thanks Mick :)
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
sounds like fun i will dust off the wr500 (" wernt they just a lazy490") start sprucing it up , anyone know how to stop this thing igniting and lurching through corners
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:56:17 PM by Branchy »
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »
sounds like fun i will dust off the wr500 (" wernt they just a lazy490") start sprucing it up , anyone know how to stop this thing igniting and lurching through corners

hahaha ceramic bakes maybe Branchy:)

I'd like to see a cross section of tracks Grass, MX etc, but we need to crawl before we walk:)

Cheers

Nada

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
Firko, you can't claim to be supportive of an era that you also describe as beige...
The backhander shows how shallow your support is.

Bill's beige/all the same description is just as wrong in Pre-95 as it is for Pre-75 - and time spent riding or working on the bikes makes that obvious.

It is very clear that despite some grand statements and the occasional token gestures, the sport of VMX is only about Baby Boomers - anyone else is merely tolerated, but only if they behave exactly the right way...
Congratulations people, you're making your wish come true... ;)

Thats ironic , i have changed the colour of the statement i wanted to highlight to beige and its virtually invisible  ;D

Allright ill bite what are the big differences then Nathan ? i raced all through that era and cant remember anything significant ??? except the seat cover revolution .

This era (1990 on) of MX in Australia was very exciting.  I was Race Secretary/Series Co-ordinator for the Shell Advance/Sunshine State MX series.  We went from about 200 entries to 400 plus.  It was the era for Queensland that produced riders like Andrew McFarlane, Troy Carroll, Michael Byrne, Mick Cook etc and there were just as many in other states.

To say it was beige is insulting.  There are a lot of riders and ex-riders out there from this era.  It was also when the Thumper Nats was at it's best.

If this wasn't your era no worries, but don't insult it.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

TM BILL

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
Firko, you can't claim to be supportive of an era that you also describe as beige...

Bill's beige/all the same description is just as wrong in Pre-95 as it is for Pre-75 - and time spent riding or working on the bikes makes that obvious.

It is very clear that despite some grand statements and the occasional token gestures, the sport of VMX is only about Baby Boomers - anyone else is merely tolerated, but only if they behave exactly the right way...

Thats ironic , i have changed the colour of the statement i wanted to highlight to beige and its virtually invisible  ;D

Allright ill bite what are the big differences then Nathan ? i raced all through that era and cant remember anything significant ??? except the seat cover revolution .

This era (1990 on) of MX in Australia was very exciting.  I was Race Secretary/Series Co-ordinator for the Shell Advance/Sunshine State MX series.  We went from about 200 entries to 400 plus.  It was the era for Queensland that produced riders like Andrew McFarlane, Troy Carroll, Michael Byrne, Mick Cook etc and there were just as many in other states.

To say it was beige is insulting.  There are a lot of riders and ex-riders out there from this era.  It was also when the Thumper Nats was at it's best.

Kevin

Back the fork up there Kev  >:( >:( >:( we were talking about bikes not the era in general  ::)  yes as far as racing goes it was an exciting time for sure and across the world not just in Aussie . But as far as bikes go it was as beige as a Camira  ;)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »

Kevin

Back the fork up there Kev  >:( >:( >:( we were talking about bikes not the era in general  ::)  yes as far as racing goes it was an exciting time for sure and across the world not just in Aussie . But as far as bikes go it was as beige as a Camira  ;)

I was told you drive a Camira Mr. Bill?
Cheers

Nada

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:29:38 PM by Branchy »
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

TM BILL

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2013, 07:16:07 AM »

I was told you drive a Camira Mr. Bill?

You busted me Nada  :-[ :-[ :-[ and its a Beige one at that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »
A camira is too new for N Zed isn't it?  Aren't you still driving Morris Minors?
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

TM BILL

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:14 AM »
Only as a back now Kev for when the Camira breaks down ( witch is fairly regularly )  ;D ;D ;D

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »
hahahaha A man who can take a joke:) good on you Mr. Bill:) ;)
Cheers

Nada

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »
Nada, I was 14yo in 94 and loved all the bikes of OUR era. I also love all the bikes of my DADS era... and everything in between. Im an enthusiast and appreciate all the passion these older guys have for bikes of there era. People think im weird when I am chewing there ears off about maico's at work.  I haven't read through all the posts so probably repeating shit! As stated in the top right hand side of my screen.."The forum for fans of old dirtbikes" Me personally, a 92 CR250 is old and I will happily support any mx to create another form of affordable racing away from the modern 4 stroke scene.
 Im sure my dad would be pumped for me to have an interest in my era of mxers, just like all us younger guys have been supporting the scene from eras where it was long before our time. It works both ways in my opinion.  I have a 1981 Maico 490 that dad built, and its the most satisfying thing ive ever had in my shed. It gets my blood pumping just looking at it. Just need to ride it more instead of just racing go karts!
Ive followed mx closely from early 90's and still do. I started VMX at 22yo, and loved it. I remember when pre90 was being talked about and honestly it was a bit weird but exciting for the few young guys having a crack, at the thought of pre90 in VMX but look now, it generated interest from a different era of riders and is a recognized class. More entries means more $$$ and more $$$ means its a bit more attractive to the clubs to run an event. Seeing simon healys 88' KX500 tearing up the track was unreal.
Good luck with it all, ive already heard a few lads talking at work about what your thinking of from Facebook.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:52:10 PM by Branchy »