Author Topic: 2013 Sydney Dirt Track Championship  (Read 13793 times)

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Sydney Dirt Track Championship
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »
Nifty,

Did donno get a Pre 70 prject? He was pumped and having fun on your spare pre 70 last meet! Looks like we are going to have a class. Pre 70 here we come! Now who's emailing Roy again?
Heaven only clashes with round 2 of Penrith on the 16th June (heaven Buladelah) so you can make 2 rounds Snowy.

Brett 2.

Offline nifty

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Donno's got a couple in the pipeline but he can borrow one of mine again so long as he comes around and washes it from last time!
Be good to see the Husky Snowy, send me a PM would like to talk about the 450 clutch.

Nifty

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »
Hey Nifty,
Did anyone buy your old pre 70 ts250 from ebay?
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
Hey Brett good to hear your keen, with the RM 500 and sorting out the little 125, as well as fitting winches nearly got hold of a one of Nev's old rides but still chasing maybe an bulty will turn up ;D. Alright already I'll wash the Yamaha , you gotta leave it in my garage Nev  ;D
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
Nope no one bought
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »
Sounds like you've been busy Bretto's. I've built up another Bully over the break and I'm looking forward to it. How far off is the RM500? Are you guys going to make the practice day?

number 87

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »
There will be teething problems no doubt and the list of events will change regularly.
It's a numbers game, if one class becomes more popular then they deserve a fair go but by the same token if the numbers aren't there then they could get dropped off the program..
Pre entry should be encouraged but they'd be mad to turn away people who turn up on the day, maybe a $20.00 surcharge for on the day entries but you just have to fit into whatever classes are available that day, maybe set the days program of events on the pre entry list and if 12 guy's turn up in one particular class then throw that in as well.
No hard & fast rule just go with the flow.

Hi to all talking about the Sydney Dirt Track Championship, hope your well and thanks for your input since the release of the info for 2013.

The old say that goes You cant please eveyone all of the time . . . . rings very true

There a 4 reasons for the changes in no order of importance, and none are for "political" reasons.

1/Value for money for ther riders.

Minimum of 6 rides for $75 including the $5 we used to pay at the gate. $11 per race as a worst case.....

2/Keep the club financially viable.

If the club is broke there is no club and No club = no racing . . . . .  pretty simple eh!

City of Penrith MCC promoted/organised the 2012 NSW Post Classic Championships and by and other than some sponsorship dollars the club would have lost a considerable amount of money (enough to pay for another race meeting)

The racers raced and had a ball, MNSW got their permit and rider (insurance levies) money, Nepean Raceway got its track hire money, the medical company got their money and the Club got screwed . . . Tops

Viability is important - an example of a class not being viable is what has been known as "Modern 125". in 2012 there were 3 entries across the year and years prior were no different.

Do the sums - 3 entries at $70 by three race meetings = $630 total income to the Club across the year.
This class cost more than the $630 income to run across the year if you include all costs - a proportion for track hire and medical, MNSW rider levies, MNSW permit, transponders, round trophies and end of year trophies. - makes no sense 

3/Make life as easy as possible for the organising officials.

Imagine being the Race Secretary last year at Round 1 of The Sydney West Series when 40% of the entries where "on the day" I bet most of us would tear our hair out and not volunteer again. The start of racing was delayed by about 40 mins while the official were finalising the classes and days events - and this was more common than racers realize.

Some of our aims this year are to have an accurate program, start Racing ON TIME and complete the program of races. These aims are impossible if the organisers create extra classes on the day and accept a heap of "on the dayers".

4/Gain sponsorship money and Media exposure.

If we approach potential sponsors/media and say "Hello we run 3 club days each year and half the time we dont know how many racers will turn up and we dont know what time racing will start and we dont know if the we will get through the program. They will not ever take motorcycle racing seriously.

But, if we approach potential sponsors/media and say we are promoting the 2013 Sydney Dirt Track Championships we have this many racers in this many events, we have full grids and racing starts at x o'clock and finishes at y o'clock they (potential sponsors/media) at least keep listening.

Anyone that needs more or wishes to dicuss it further please PM me your number and we can talk properly

As a suggestion rather ringing/emailing Roy . . . . ring/email other owners of the bikes for the classes in question and rally real entries (not ifs  and maybes) We really need the classes to be full and run at each meeting across the year - it is a three round Series after all.

Cheers

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
To me the biggest problem with Dirttrack in Australia is the Difficulty in converting events from back gate events to front gate events.
Nepean has this problem big time and I sincerely hope this year You get it right,
You have a golden opportunity,  thankfully big time to Troy Bayliss who proved that Dirttrack can be a Front gate event just like Speedway.
I love Dirttrack more than most, did I follow last years events? Yes I did,
Did I drive from the Hunter to Nepean to watch, No I didn't.
Did I drive from the Hunter to Old Bar to watch, Yes I did.
You have to work what made me drive to Taree.
Pretty obvious??

Curly3

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »
I certainly wasn't suggesting that the program be changed on the day to cater for whoever turned up, the opposite.
What I meant was that if good numbers of a particular class start showing up then maybe next year a specific class could be added, this situation only involves us old bike lovers, the modern's are pretty well set in stone across the board.
The best thing Penrith can do is to stick to the format they decide on at the start of each year.
It'll all work out for the best I'm sure, the big point I'm pushing is to not exclude on the day entries all together, hopefully at some point we'll have no choice.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »
I have to applaud the vision to lift Club Days up to a Series,
Club Days the riders pay their way,(Back Gate event)
Promoted Series shifts more of the Responsibility to the paying spectators (Front Gate).
But if you are going to charge the front gate you had better plan on entertaining them.
Just like Speedway most race meetings are entertaining, but if you want to charge a Premium you want to put on a show.
Stack the Deck with Star Riders on Machines worth paying Money to See !!!!!!!!

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
Last time I saw BIG TWINS in SYDNEY was at Bankstown, that was a little while ago.
Include the OLD SCHOOL and BIG TWINS into your SERIES I will get you the SPONSORS !!!
And 500 Extra SPECTATORS !!!

What is the Spectator capabilities of Nepean??
Can additional Grandstands be erected??

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:36 PM »
Last time I saw BIG TWINS in SYDNEY was at Bankstown, that was a little while ago.
Include the OLD SCHOOL and BIG TWINS into your SERIES I will get you the SPONSORS !!!
And 500 Extra SPECTATORS !!!
What is the Spectator capabilities of Nepean??
Can additional Grandstands be erected??

pretty big 3000 +
Plenty of room under tree's
and plenty of space for extra Grandstands
Its rural -love thy neighbour  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 06:21:23 AM »
Entry Forms out now for March 24th
They close on the 18th

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2013, 08:09:53 AM »
I received an email recently with entry details and a request for commitment by means of pre entry (cool) for the series (also cool) complete with payment for the series (Not so cool)
For me that is an entry fee of $130  per round (add $20 if I get the twin happening) which is $500 plus up front to be assured of a spot on the grid for the series..
While I don't mind paying with pre entry I feel its a big ask for most to pay for the year up front.
Yes refunds are availiable in the case of washouts or non attendance and this is not mandatory but I feel it sends the wrong message to the people who are already supporting the sport and it may also spook those that are thinking of having a go.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »
I just found out that there is another meeting on the same day in NSW,
And it is an open meeting,
I thought the Series was Open Meetings,
Does not matter Nepean can still work,
just like any party you have to invite people along,