Author Topic: 2013 Sydney Dirt Track Championship  (Read 13791 times)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
Re: 2013 Sydney Dirt Track Championship
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2013, 07:42:47 AM »

I just talked with the President of the promoting club.

NEPEAN IS ON THIS WEEKEND!!!

The Twins class has been deleted due to a lack of entries (3) The three riders concerned have been notified and placed into other classes.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
It looks set to be a good day, wish I could come along. Disappointing about the twins class with actually only 2 entries. Hopefully more of those thundering twins come out of woodwork for the next few rounds!

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
Thought with all the talk going around their would have been more
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
 Damn hot and humid today at Mulgoa and the same for Nepean tomorrow and the threat of a storm, but probably just high hunidity.

Both bikes starting easy and loaded up ready to rock 'n roll!. ;D

I bought a new air cleaner pod for each, The RT1 backfired first start this arvo and blew the ARSE out of the new pod!  Anoying! ::)
 Too late for a new one.        Tie wire will have to hold it together.

see you at sign on  cheers pancho.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:42:24 PM by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »
Mrs Purple ( Mia ) and I ventured to Nepean today to have a look at the Mad Dogs and Englishmen Out in the Noon Day Sun.........too hot for me.....glad we were only watching......track looked good to me and it was great to catch up with Pancho and John Ewing.. :D

I was lucky to get this photo with Pancho and his Slider in one piece, after the throttle stuck open going into the speedway corner and he went SCARILY wide.. :o :o :o

John Ewing feeling the heat after some hard and close riding on his Yammy Flattracker

Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2013, 08:44:42 PM »
I also caught up with Phil Gibson and his slider No 63..........Phil and I raced against each other in the 70's, when he was in Blacktown MCC and I was in Central MCC.......alas the old Jawa maggie packed up early, so I didn't see him in action.........we can renew our racing association at round 2 in June, when I roll out the SC 500.
I asked after Firko, but he was nowhere to be found.
I noticed this poster on the pit fence. ;D

Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
I asked after Firko, but he was nowhere to be found.
Yesterday I struck a bit of an unforseen snag while working on my Yamaha 360 flat tracker that I'm hammering away to have ready for next weeks Broadford Bonanza. After losing a whole day fixing the fluck up on the bike and watching the Auckland Speedway GP, I thought it wise to can going to Nepean and instead play catch ups on the bike. It was one of those good days in the shed that remind me why I love what I do, everything went right on the bike for a change, the Rabbitoes and Waratahs won the footy games on the radio and a six pack of Swedish pear cider and the sheds airconditioning kept me and Reggie nice and cool (Before you call the RSPCA, Reg was off the piss and didn't partake in the cider) ::). We'll meet up before long Dave ;).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:33:07 PM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
 I had a beaut day at Nepean yesterday!

Met 'Alvin' and 'Bananas' off the forum face to face,

My XT slider was goin' like a low flying rocket!

The only hassles I had was in the second round of the sliders I was a fairly safe second 'till the slide jammed at the top when I backed off like I always do for the speedway bend, and headed me towards the fence!  However I managed to stay on and finished (with a slippery seat).

My RT1 popped the nipple off the clutch cable in the marshalling area and dumped me on the ground and screamed at me till some blokes got it off me.
 However the planets lined up for the last round of the sliders and I got the hole shot ( my main aim these days) and iI led from start to finish.

Some-one said I'm probably the oldest Penrith member to win a race!

A top day thanks to Roy, Aldo, and all the other helpers.

cheers pancho.

Cheers for XT engines!

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
dumped me on the ground and screamed at me till some blokes got it off me.

Sounds like a run in with my missus!  :D
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Curly3

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
Well done Poncho, you deserve it, an inspiration to rest of us.
I'm spending this Easter weekend up the Hunter Valley with Brocky, may need a new liver afterwards.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »
I had a beaut day at Nepean yesterday!

Met 'Alvin' and 'Bananas' off the forum face to face,

My XT slider was goin' like a low flying rocket!

The only hassles I had was in the second round of the sliders I was a fairly safe second 'till the slide jammed at the top when I backed off like I always do for the speedway bend, and headed me towards the fence!  However I managed to stay on and finished (with a slippery seat).

My RT1 popped the nipple off the clutch cable in the marshalling area and dumped me on the ground and screamed at me till some blokes got it off me.
 However the planets lined up for the last round of the sliders and I got the hole shot ( my main aim these days) and iI led from start to finish.

Some-one said I'm probably the oldest Penrith member to win a race!

A top day thanks to Roy, Aldo, and all the other helpers.

cheers pancho.

Cheers for XT engines!

Great stuff, Wally. Don't it feel good to win one once in a while ?? Well done young fella !!
Foss

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »
 Thanks Foss, it sure was fun!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »
Good on ya Wally, from the start line we thought the fence was going to get a polish after you were finished doing some gardening but you held on and got round the corner which was a good result.
It was great to see you get the win ;D

On the start line issue, it is a little hard to understand that with a 100 or so entries that we could only get 3 blokes to man the  start for the first round and at around the 35 mark it was pretty hot out there.
To our relief a couple of others manned up for the rest of the day.
I know this has been discussed at lenght in the past but it does not take much to turn up and do a bit if you are not riding or try and bring someone with you who can help.
It will mean a better day for you and everyone else if things roll along without any problems.

Should be healed up for round 2 see you all there ;)
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.