Author Topic: Stolen Husky CR 400 (Magoo's Race Bike)  (Read 13187 times)

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
Stolen Husky CR 400 (Magoo's Race Bike)
« on: April 28, 2008, 06:19:17 AM »
Guys, could you keep an eye out for my 400 husky, stolen from Motto Farm Motel Friday night
Frame # MK 10141 modified like Vintage Husky suggested 13" Ohlins shosk black springs
Motor # 2030-0366 the chain guide has been snapped off were the top part of the guide joins the motor casing
Thanks Pete
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:03:53 AM by 67husky »
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

firko

Re: Stolen Husky CR 400 (Magoo's Race Bike)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »
This was a prick act of the first order. Here was I thinking that the vintage brotherhood was a  seperate entity to the real world, inhabited by good honest people who respect other folks stuff. Now it seems that there are scumbags among us. I sincerely hope that the thief is caught and that he is from outside of our community. If as I suspect he is one of us, I am deeply ashamed and disapointed.
Despite Petes hard luck,he did take out the inaugural Klub Kevlar bling award with his too cool Husky Viking.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:22:24 AM by firko »

mx250

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 08:11:48 AM »
I sincerely hope that it wasn't anyone in the fraternity. Having been taken from the motel there is a good chance that it was an opportunist local.

Lets hope that the thief quickly realises the 'score' is more of an 'albatross' and quickly dumps it unharmed and unmolested. 

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
Give me 5mins with the low-life, him and arse wipe the knocked off Doc's wallet. Just 5 mins with him. He wont steal again I assure you.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
Quicky you will break a bone doing that mate and it will be yours  :o
If you want a chance at getting your bike back get four of the biggest blokes you know and do a door knock in the local area and word will get around at the time of the door knock just say drop the bike off at some chosen address and if this is not done the bounty on the heads of the peoples involved will rise for every day the bike is missing. jimson  >:(
Just a balless freak having a go

firko

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
As much as I'd like to believe that Petes Husky was taken by drug addled junkies, I think there was a bit more to it. The fact that the thieves broke into a locked enclosed trailer, cut a chain and specifically chose Petes '74 Mag Husky shows over his beautiful new 360 Husky Viking indicates to me that the he/they knew their stuff. If it was a spur of the moment, opportunist theft, Phil Youngs OSSA Phantom and Edgar Phipps ESO Metisse, Monark Triumph and 490 Maico were close by on open trailers,held on only by tie downs would have been far easier to steal. In my opinion this bloke specifically wanted a Mag Husky and knew where to find the best one in the sport.

Local Raymond Terrace business sources and Klub Kevlar security have started search and recovery action and a reward for the bikes safe return is being formulated as we speak. If anybody has the slightest inkling of who did this or has heard any rumours, please let Peter or myself know (anonymously if need be) and we'll endevour to follow up.

If the thief reads this, please consider the consequences of your deed. Husky Pete is a one of the most genuine people I've met in this sport and although he's a comparitive newbie, is well liked and respected by both the old schoolers and new guard alike. There is no more authorative and genuine Husqvarna collector in our sport and his legendary generosity has no peer. To do this to a fellow scumbag is bad but to do it to one of the sports true good blokes is unforgivable. Do the right thing and anonymously drop the bike off somewhere where it can be found and all will be forgotten. If you are found out with the bike in your possession the consequences won't be pretty.

Below is the only photo I have of the bike on file. It shows guest rider Magoo aboard it at the Wagga Dirt Track Nats last year.

Doc

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
Guys this was indeed one of the lowest acts I have seen! My fear now is the posibility of an organied theft whereby there may have possibly been an order for said bike from another country. I'd be hounding customs also with details and numbers as I somehow feel this bike maybe due to leave the country..no-one in their right mind would bring it out or advertise the fact they owned one when they are so rare. The theives could have easilly taken any number of bikes, all of the suzuki central stuff was on an uncovered trailer and ute and pretty lightly secured. These would have been much easier to take than a Husky locked and then locked in an enclosed trailer. They knew what they wanted alright and I'd near bet it was stolen to fill an order from OS. I maybe wrong but this is just the way I see it personally. Regardless of why and how, it is a lowlife act. The wallet going missing pales into insignificance when compared to losing such a beautiful bike. I'll certainly keep my ear to the ground for any little detail that maybe of assistance in recovering it.

edit, spot on Fiko..oops..Firko..you posted while I was typing :P all jokes aside everyone please keep an ear out and tell as many people as possible. It would be lovely if by some chance this bike could be returned to it's rightful owner.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:45:43 AM by Doc »

mx250

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »
The fact that the thieves broke into a locked enclosed trailer, cut a chain and specifically chose Petes '74 Mag Husky shows over his beautiful new 360 Husky Viking indicates to me that the he/they knew their stuff. If it was a spur of the moment, opportunist theft, Phil Youngs OSSA Phantom and Edgar Phipps ESO Metisse, Monark Triumph and 490 Maico were close by on open trailers,held on only by tie downs would have been far easier to steal.[/u] In my opinion this bloke specifically wanted a Mag Husky and knew where to find the best one in the sport.

Given those details I would agree; the theif came prepared and the Husky was targeted.

But the $45,000 question is why?, and where will it likely end up? I can't imagine the bike or parts will be sold or used within Australia. I can't imagine it would be so valuable to warrant it been stolen 'to order' for a collector here or overseas.

Tony T

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »
That's unbelievable.  >:(
You can kind of understand an opportunist grabbing an bike out of a trailer, but it does indeed sound like these bastards knew what they were after.
I can't imagine that the bike could remain in one piece with so many eyes on the look out for it, so any parts for sale or freshly restored bikes should be looked at too.
Good luck gentlemen...............

Doc

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
pretty rare bike MX..very desirable especially in the US.. I believe the same model as Steve McQueen rode on many occassions..I dunno and I am not pointing the bone at anyone or country as obviously it was an Aussie scumbag who stole it! I have my suspicions it's all premeditated rather than an opportunist thing ..no matter what I have let people I know and deal with in the US in on the story also and they'll also have a closer look if they happen to spot anything remotely like it  ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:49:00 AM by Doc »

Quicksilver

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 11:38:46 AM »
The more I here and read about this the more worrying it becomes. God help us all if this ( its looking like it) was a steal to order theft.  Happens in the muscle world more often then you'd believe. Being such a rare bike and as Firko said taken when so many easiier targets could be found. I reckon this was planned hit with the theif knowing exactly what his target was.

Pete. I will keep my eyes peeled also. I certainly do hope this bike is returned to you soon.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:45:46 AM by Quicksilver »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:58 PM »
THat is weird isnt it. i No nothing about huskies but to go to all that effort you would have to know them or be looking for it.  

IF it was in the Klub compound at the track did you see anyone looking it over in a layed back fashion ?  IS the bike from the same state as the event ?

if it was stolen to order they would have to A) had a picture of it ( did someone remeber chaps walking around with a Mag foto ?
or b) they came from his location and followed it up there usually they have seen it before.  LAst bike i had stolen was cut from a locked garage bolted to a pilon.  I found out a few years latter it was stolen to order and the guy that passed on i had one lived about 10 houses up.    If they didnt come to CD5 on the off chance they would find one there, my guess is its somone in your state and this was an oppertunity for it to be out in the open.

I rarely tell people what i own any more or where i live, sad but you get paraniod after that kind of thing.  Same as this event he went to a lot of trouble to cut it out and in my case not only cut it out but lift it over a car i had jammed in there at the time.

For what its worth - U need to Think back who you talked about going to CD5 prior,however obscure.  if its an OS bike order there would be only 4-5 folks that would ship that out from the eastern seaboard, So you shouldn lodge a photo and details with customs, best you tell them you think is going O/S in a container, it might get them looking at any freight sheet listing bike parts also post up the numbers in the stolen section of these to at least make the motors un sellable and maybe the buyer might pull out
http://vmx.livewire.gen.nz/marketplace.htm
http://www.ahrma.org/mart/webmart.htm?
http://www.vintagemx.us/message_board/
http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/swapmeet.cgi?Z=&action=postad
i dont have the links but they do have stolen sections - i know marks does.   Also there must be Husky forums and web pages ?

FWIW i think its still here and would be in your own state or that of the event held.

Keep your chin up, if its a rarer bike it will turn up one day it has too.  

YOu should be prepared to wait it out though, make sure you right down all the characteristics it had, scratches, breaks, numbers, odd parts etc, when they turn up you need to referance that material because after a while you forget.  I found out who took my bike 5 yrs later after someone said somthing that rung a bell.  people cant keep secrets forever no matter how close they are to you.

Keep us posted.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:54:35 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 01:45:56 PM »
Geez this has put  real damper on what was otherwise a fantastic weekend. I'll let all I know around here to keep an eye out.It also serves as reminder that these pages are open for ANYONE to see.So might be wise to be generic with locations, personal details, where we stay  etc etc.
Hope Pete is feeling better .
Jesus only loves two strokes

Rosco400

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
Very low act, lots of commission housing at raymond terrace, although shouldnt be pointing fingers in case it was someone from within the fraternity, which i hope is not the case, living in Newcastle, Ill ask all my customers for you Pete from the area to keep there ears open when i get home from brisbane this week, can only hope it turns up as its no good to them on the Australian scene >:(

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »
I have sent a link of this page to some of the VMXer's in WA.

bring back the flogging in the town square.
Best is in the West !!