Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 107029 times)

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2013, 09:33:37 pm »
Graham you can have my EVO if you like. Ring me if your keen.

hope you've tighted the cam chain and adjusted the valves popeye ;D
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2013, 06:28:28 am »
Yeah all done ready to go mate..

Bike hasn't been ridden since Conodale Classic...
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:17 am »
4. Entries
4.1 Entries are now open and close last mail 12th April 2013 (3 weeks prior to event)

I would not expect an enrty posted on friday to get there on time ::)

Can they not be Emailed?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2013, 10:27:32 am »
My message to the guys who could ride but are undecided or have chosen not to...

When I first heard that the Lakes club had put their hand up to run this event on one of the best Motocross race tracks we ride on I was blown away. After the disappointment of last year, I thought how lucky we were to have the opportunity to participate in a National Event like this in our own back yard, on such a great track, run by such a switched on club.

I personally thought I had better get my entry in early as I feared my favourite class, the EVO 250 would be oversubscribed and I didn't want to miss out.

Initially puzzled when I heard that the entries weren't coming in, after reading this thread and speaking with a few guys last weekend, I am now getting a sense of why some riders are undecided or choosing not to ride.

My message to those riders/racers is this,

Most of us were lucky enough to have lived through the 70s & 80s of dirt bike racing / riding in Australia. Those who didn’t ride back then but do now probably wish they had ridden back then. The VMX movement has given us a chance to experience the adrenaline rush and freedom of going hard on our favourite dirt bike once again. To feel those butterflys as you line up for the start, that sense of satisfaction when you have ridden a good race, had a bit of a dog fight with a mate and crossed the line ready to race again. I would be surprised if there were any of us who didn't smile to themselves despite the pain of stiff muscles on the Monday and Tuesday afterwards when they thought back on that great pass they made in one race or the fact they finally beat ‘that guy’ in the next  race.

I know some guys are thinking “it’s a national event, it’s not for me, it’s only for the fast guys” That is the point though, are you ever going to get a chance to race an AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TITLE again? Because it is VMX you would be racing with most of the guys you race with in your club days anyway. Sure, there will be a handful of ringin fast guys who will disappear off into that dust after the start, but after that, you’ll be left racing in a NATIONAL TITLE on a fantastic track, with your mates!

Isn’t that something you would like to tick off your bucket list? Wouldn’t that be a great memory to add to your arsenal?

If you are worried about the length of the races, we all are! All of us, except for the 2 or 3 super fit guys will be slowing down as the races go on, I guarantee it. You will not be on your own, and if you get lucky as many often do in the authentic longer format Motocross races, you’ll benefit from some guys in front of you running out of puff, their bike breaking or an unplanned expedition off the track.

Rather than avoiding the longer races, or being spooked by the ‘Fast Guy’s, maybe another way to approach it is proudly tell your family and friends “I’m racing an AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TITLE next month, train your ass off for the next 4 weeks and put in your best. Invite them along to cheer you on.

Memories of the Great experiences we have all had are the reward of getting off our back sides and getting involved in life. This meeting has the potential of being one of those experiences.

DON”T MISS OUT!!! Don’t be one of those guys who come up to me and say “I probably should have ridden it but I don’t know, I didn’t think it was for me”

Mr VMX is a fantastic event, a chance to get a taste of what it was like for Gally and Gunter back in the day and one of the funnest race meetings on the calendar. I know some guys don’t race that race for the same reason but I can guarantee you that the guys who do race it, rave about how much fun they had.

Most of us are past our prime, but many of us refuse to let that stop us from grabbing with both hands opportunities to still get the most enjoyment out of life.

If you fill out your entry form today, you can still RACE AN AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TITLE!

What a privilege!

(If the tone of this message has come across in any way other than to take a positive approach to this fantastic opportunity then I apologize. It certainly wasn't meant to.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:55:52 am by KJ222 »
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2013, 10:59:38 am »
Well due to injury I can not compete in this event, however I will be lending my bike to a "Young Gun" to have a lash, sorry fellas. ;)

I forgot to mention that he is 37.  ;D :D
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2013, 11:15:47 am »

[/quote]

Can they not be Emailed?
[/quote]

The Supp Regs contain an email address for the Race Secretary.

[email protected]

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2013, 11:24:04 am »
Or email your entry  to Darren:
 [email protected]

It's not too late yet! Get your entry in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2013, 11:27:12 am »
My message to the guys who could ride but are undecided or have chosen not to... etc, etc, etc
What a great post Ken, you couldn't have said it any better.............As Nike says in their ads, Just do it.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2013, 02:07:24 pm »
My message to the guys who could ride but are undecided or have chosen not to...

When I first heard that the Lakes club had put their hand up to run this event on one of the best Motocross race tracks we ride on I was blown away. After the disappointment of last year, I thought how lucky we were to have the opportunity to participate in a National Event like this in our own back yard, on such a great track, run by such a switched on club.

I personally thought I had better get my entry in early as I feared my favourite class, the EVO 250 would be oversubscribed and I didn't want to miss out.

Initially puzzled when I heard that the entries weren't coming in, after reading this thread and speaking with a few guys last weekend, I am now getting a sense of why some riders are undecided or choosing not to ride.

My message to those riders/racers is this,

Most of us were lucky enough to have lived through the 70s & 80s of dirt bike racing / riding in Australia. Those who didn’t ride back then but do now probably wish they had ridden back then. The VMX movement has given us a chance to experience the adrenaline rush and freedom of going hard on our favourite dirt bike once again. To feel those butterflys as you line up for the start, that sense of satisfaction when you have ridden a good race, had a bit of a dog fight with a mate and crossed the line ready to race again. I would be surprised if there were any of us who didn't smile to themselves despite the pain of stiff muscles on the Monday and Tuesday afterwards when they thought back on that great pass they made in one race or the fact they finally beat ‘that guy’ in the next  race.

I know some guys are thinking “it’s a national event, it’s not for me, it’s only for the fast guys” That is the point though, are you ever going to get a chance to race an AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TITLE again? Because it is VMX you would be racing with most of the guys you race with in your club days anyway. Sure, there will be a handful of ringin fast guys who will disappear off into that dust after the start, but after that, you’ll be left racing in a NATIONAL TITLE on a fantastic track, with your mates!

Isn’t that something you would like to tick off your bucket list? Wouldn’t that be a great memory to add to your arsenal?

If you are worried about the length of the races, we all are! All of us, except for the 2 or 3 super fit guys will be slowing down as the races go on, I guarantee it. You will not be on your own, and if you get lucky as many often do in the authentic longer format Motocross races, you’ll benefit from some guys in front of you running out of puff, their bike breaking or an unplanned expedition off the track.

Rather than avoiding the longer races, or being spooked by the ‘Fast Guy’s, maybe another way to approach it is proudly tell your family and friends “I’m racing an AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TITLE next month, train your ass off for the next 4 weeks and put in your best. Invite them along to cheer you on.

Memories of the Great experiences we have all had are the reward of getting off our back sides and getting involved in life. This meeting has the potential of being one of those experiences.

DON”T MISS OUT!!! Don’t be one of those guys who come up to me and say “I probably should have ridden it but I don’t know, I didn’t think it was for me”

Mr VMX is a fantastic event, a chance to get a taste of what it was like for Gally and Gunter back in the day and one of the funnest race meetings on the calendar. I know some guys don’t race that race for the same reason but I can guarantee you that the guys who do race it, rave about how much fun they had.

Most of us are past our prime, but many of us refuse to let that stop us from grabbing with both hands opportunities to still get the most enjoyment out of life.

If you fill out your entry form today, you can still RACE AN AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TITLE!

What a privilege!

(If the tone of this message has come across in any way other than to take a positive approach to this fantastic opportunity then I apologize. It certainly wasn't meant to.)

Very well said Kenneth! I got mine off this morning. "Guaranteed next day delivery". Mine will arrive tomorrow a day earlier than the cut off. I spoke to a couple of people from the LMMC today & they said they will not be excepting "ENTRYS FORMS" after Fridays mail. "IF YOU WANT TO ENTER YOU WILL HAVE TO EXPRESS POST YOUR FORMS WITH PAYMENT NO LATER THAN TOMORROW"

Cheers
Ando   

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:20 pm »
This...
... I spoke to a couple of people from the LMMC today & they said they will not be excepting "ENTRYS FORMS" after Fridays mail. "IF YOU WANT TO ENTER YOU WILL HAVE TO EXPRESS POST YOUR FORMS WITH PAYMENT NO LATER THAN TOMORROW"

...plus this....

we have made 120 entries our minimum requirement to go ahead with this meeting

...makes me wonder if the Lakes club is now actually wanting the event to fall over.

Cynical?
Yes, but surely the vibe should be much more: "Come on! Get your entries in! If you want to enter but you can't get them here by Friday, give us a call and we'll see what we can work out"...?

[My entry with payment sent Express Post today]

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

TM BILL

« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2013, 05:26:21 pm »
This...
... I spoke to a couple of people from the LMMC today & they said they will not be excepting "ENTRYS FORMS" after Fridays mail. "IF YOU WANT TO ENTER YOU WILL HAVE TO EXPRESS POST YOUR FORMS WITH PAYMENT NO LATER THAN TOMORROW"

...plus this....

we have made 120 entries our minimum requirement to go ahead with this meeting

...makes me wonder if the Lakes club is now actually wanting the event to fall over.

Cynical?
Yes, but surely the vibe should be much more: "Come on! Get your entries in! If you want to enter but you can't get them here by Friday, give us a call and we'll see what we can work out"...?

[My entry with payment sent Express Post today]

What are you riding Nath ?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2013, 05:28:05 pm »
Evo 250 (YZ250G), Pre-85 250 (CR250RE), and Pre-90 125 (KX125F).

The CR still needs a fair bit of time spent on it - but if it doesn't make it, it won't be for lack of trying.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2013, 05:50:29 pm »
Ok, my knee & hip have not healed-up yet but I'm going to enter tomorrow in the hope that I'll be ok.

Just printed-off the sup-regs, it shows practise is only on Friday and none on Sat?!  I read earlier in this thread that practise was Sat morning?  I will have to drive up on Friday and wouldn't like to have to race with no practise.  I know, here'll be some smart-arse here that'll say "it's a National title, you can take an extra day off for that" ..... no I can't, and I can't afford the extra days accommodation.

I read in the sup-regs that there is practise on Sunday morning!!!  Why would you need practise then?!!!!  (EDIT, sorry I miss-read this, I must wear my glasses when reading in future)  Maybe a quick 2-lap warm-up in the mornings?

Can someone please confirm, thankyou.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:38:36 am by John Orchard »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2013, 05:54:25 pm »
I dont want to start a pissing match on here.

I have previously help run many state NSW Cross Country rounds over the years. A few times when the ball was dropped and we did not promote it correctly we were borderline with entries and it was a close call at the last moment to go ahead or not. On these occasions I pushed to run the event and take late entries but charge an extra fee( normally $50.00 )  I think one time we even took entries on the day. On these occasions we pick upped an extra 50+ entries with the extra late fee making us a tidy profit. In business sometimes you have to suck it up and give the customer want he wants. If we had taken the high road and refused late entries we would have run at a small loss or canned the event which already had allot of effort gone into it.
Just some thoughts if the Lakes Club read this.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2013, 06:04:14 pm »
Ok, my knee & hip have not healed-up yet but I'm going to enter tomorrow in the hope that I'll be ok.

Just printed-off the sup-regs, it shows practise is only on Friday and none on Sat?!  I read earlier in this thread that practise was Sat morning?  I will have to drive up on Friday and wouldn't like to have to race with no practise.  I know, here'll be some smart-arse here that'll say "it's a National title, you can take an extra day off for that" ..... no I can't, and I can't afford the extra days accommodation.

I read in the sup-regs that there is practise on Sunday morning!!!  Why would you need practise then?!!!!  Maybe a quick 2-lap warm-up in the mornings?

Can someone please confirm, thankyou.

That is great work John. I don't know for sure the answer to your question but if I can assist you in any way while you are up here, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do what I can, even if it is walking the track with you to help you learn the track.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)