Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 107028 times)

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2013, 06:21:19 am »
I carn"t believe only 40 entries .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2013, 06:57:20 am »
Only 40  ???
Wow that is truly sad the locals should have made up at least 70. Even with late entries you need at least 100 by close of business Friday.
I like most dont understand the lack of interest in this event.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2013, 07:14:30 am »
I know of 6 pre90 entries alone and my social circle is pretty small.? 

I became instantly  nervous that there might be a mail issue.....  should we have had a confirmation from Lakes from our entry?

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2013, 07:18:35 am »
Curious as to how you come up with that number (70)?

Why should it be "up to the locals" when this event is supposed to be the premier race event on the VMX calendar for VMX enthusiasts right accross Australia? This is an Australian Title (well hopefully it will be anyway).

If this event falls on it's face due to lack of numbers, then it is certainly not the Lakes Club fault ( who was the only club willing to put it's hand up to run the event).The blame rest squarley with the VMX community right across Australia, not just one portion of it.
Lakes is a modern club who gets 200-250 riders to a club day. We as a VMX community should be very grateful that the club has been willing to put their hands up to run this event, when no one else would. It is an awesome track with great facilities and a great bunch of hard working people that run the club ( not to mention how central it is for the eastern states of the country) who can never do enough to make the HEAVEN club welcome when we hold an event there.

If the event fails this year (again), what club will be willing to put their hand up to try and run it again??????????

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2013, 07:48:43 am »
Any large event the biggest proportion will be people who live within 2 hours or 75% or participants. How many entries did the 1st heaven round have?

Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2013, 07:56:35 am »
Somewhere between 80 to 85 . Greg would be able to correct me on that though.

Not all HEAVEN members ride both era's though,  so that reduces the available numbers and there are also those guys in the club that would never race in an Aussie title, no matter where it is.

« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:42 am »
Chq written 13/3/2013 and not presented?

Mailed to PO BOX 8191?   Might give them a ring?

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2013, 08:11:22 am »
They haven't cashed any cheques as yet.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:07 am »
Somewhere between 80 to 85 . Greg would be able to correct me on that though.

Not all HEAVEN members ride both era's though,  so that reduces the available numbers and there are also those guys in the club that would never race in an Aussie title, no matter where it is.

I agree the main reason I haven't entered is my bikes are 77 models but I would race just to make up numbers if I had known the numbers but like everyone else thou I thought they would get 150+ entries you would still like to think that heaven riders could muster up 40+ riders

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2013, 08:23:40 am »
The event was certainly promoted and talked about at the riders breifing's each morning.

Anyone who hasn't submitted an entry yet and is thinking of doing so, please do. You can still email your entries in so that they are received before the close of entries. We as a VMX community need to make this event work for all our sakes.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 11, 2013, 08:28:01 am »
You're unbelievable mate.

Now you're saying it's the clubs fault because you (and a lot of other people) don't have the common courtesy, to put an entry form in with some punctuality!

I for one wouldn't blame them for pulling the pin. This is a disgrace! ???

You have got to be kidding.

Close of entries is close of entries - the club's own rules say that anyone can enter anytime up until tomorrow. I understand why the club is nervous, but having a dig at the people who have entered is more than a bit stupid.

A national level car rally will have entries close a week before the event - not three weeks, despite the rally's greater need to know entrant numbers in advance (event scheduling, printing of road books, etc etc).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 11, 2013, 08:56:21 am »
Not talking specifically about the Lake Club here (and specifically acknowledging Dan's post #435)...

Event organisers need competitors, and competitors need event organisers. It's a two-way street. We are regularly reminded of the value of event organisers, but the opposite is often forgotten...

;)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Lakes MBC

« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47:10 am »
Hi what you are missing is the SUB REGS were posted in FEBRUARY it is now APRIL and 3 weeks from the event we also have to organise holidays, track maintenance guys who have their own businesses and have to schedule their work around this event. We are not talking about 1 day off work we are talking about a week of holidays so you can all have a bitch at what we are doing for you.
I will stop there before I let fly with the rest of it !!!!!!! ???

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 11, 2013, 09:48:16 am »
If this meeting gets canned much of the credibility and respect within the larger off road scene that Vintage Motocross has slowly earned over the last twenty five years goes for nothing. There was a time when competing at the Nats was the highlight of our involvement in VMX and clubs were actually tripping over themselves to get the rights to promote the meet. Maybe with the advent of the Classic Dirt /HBBB culture we've become spoiled for choice. Perhaps there are too many outlets available to eat up our dwindling vintage motocross dollar. Maybe the economy has really dug into our ability to afford the entry and all that goes with it.  Maybe we've lost site of the reason we got involved in this sport in the first place,  or maybe it's a little bit of everything........who knows?

What I do know is that this is a very sad situation that most definitely should not be happening. Let us hope that this situation doesn't spill over to the Classic Motocross and Classic Dirt Track Nats later in the year.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:27:35 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Lakes MBC

« Reply #419 on: April 11, 2013, 10:04:43 am »
This event was one that we were really excited about with the return of MX sidecars and a totally different atmosphere to our normal meetings but so far all we have out of this is disappointment and criticism. We never took this event on to make a "killing " out of we can make more out of our own club days. It was to offer a venue for an Australian Title Event so far I have spent endless hours of my own time to be bagged out by a few. As far as saying the Heaven club should fill 70/80% of entries you are all dreaming half of these guys don't have bikes for these eras and you might as well bag our club for not entering as well. As of last night we have 41 riders to cover 28 classes, you don't have to be real smart to work that out. We might as well just go and buy some raffle tickets and hand them out, then pick a ticket out of a barrel and you can collect your AUSTRALIAN TITLE of choice.