Author Topic: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?  (Read 24406 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2012, 10:54:18 pm »
Wally, the aircooled Jumbos chassis is currently in Qld and the motor is supposedly in a speedway outfit in a shed in Darwin. Who really knows. The chassis is the best thing to come out in '84 that's for sure.
All this is history that needs to be shared but Ken is not a sidecar fan.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 11:00:58 pm »
EML, with the greatest of respect....  it's not that Ken is not a sidecar fan.  Nothing he runs in VMX is based on his personal preferences as far as I know.  He is mainly intersted in trying to keep as many people interested in the magazine as he can.  :)

Sidecars just have limited interest to the vast majority of readers.  So the number of articles that will feature them will be similarily limited.  But never say never!!!  Keep plugging away, the sidecar time WILL come.  ;D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2012, 11:18:08 pm »
Well, I suggest you write the story and submit it!  That's the most likely way to get something in the mag.  ;)

xrBarf

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2012, 12:02:43 am »
I agree Ajay more minibikes. It is where most bike passions started as a young fellow...

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2012, 11:06:19 am »
I have an article written-for over 12 mths now, but the picture quality needed is a bit beyond me That and the fact that I need to get all the outfits I have in the article in one spot-or travel miles to get a shot of them.
It is a general interest story with some history and then some evolution info-where they came from and where it headed to before their demise by the lightweights.
The story on the Jumbo would be great Wally and I could add some pics and story of my own as I went to the factory and spoke with Henny (he's passed now) and helped prep the bike for Hansi. He helped design the whole thing and was in the project from the start.
I could get him to do a forward.
As far as interest goes-we have more sidecar crossers per capita in our club than any other and have had the biggest growth of all codes. Plenty of older guys would buy it just for the interest as sidecars are an enigma and that alone would be worth a cover shot.

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 04:42:35 pm »

A few years ago now, i attended a meet and was watching a mate of mine ride an outfit.

As they swept around a long right hand sweeper, and down a gully the front end gave away (snapped clean at the triple clamps), and my mate (Monkey) was cartwheeled over the top and the outfit landed on him. I would have to be one of the most horrific crashes i have ever seen.

My mate was out cold, but due to him being as tough as an old pare of leather boots, he escaped with just a dislocated shoulder and cuts a bruises. But, we thought he was dead! he was out for about 20 min or so.

I never want to see it again, and im sure you can guess where I think you can stick your outfit, yep, fair up your rectum! I would not purchase the mag, based on that.

I understand the sport is dangerous, and yes, people have comer off second best on a solo, and yes, they are part of history, but so are 3 wheelers but you don't see too many people digging them up for a race?

Sometimes some rust needs to sleep, sorry, I understand your passion, but i am not a fan, based on my personal experience.

Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 05:49:51 pm »
Come on Nada are you serious . Stop being sooooooooo myopic!

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »
I am ganna duck for cover now  ;D

Wasp, you don't have to duck for cover, I completely understand your frustration, as its your passion.

If we all agreed, on everything, the world would be a boring place? Yes?

I'm passionate about solos, but lets be honest, the same could happen to me, Yes!

I just don't want to see what i saw ever again, and certainly do not want it to happen to anyone else, as i doubt the MX world would wish the same.

The chances of it happening on an outfit are more grater than on a solo, but thats the risk we take as humans, and your parachute may not open when you jump out of that plane at 14,000 Ft.

My scaring is purely based on seeing a mate suffer, but in saying that, he did get back on an outfit (Why, im still asking:) but only for a slow ride around.

he still rides solo:)
Cheers

Nada

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 06:03:25 pm »
Come on Nada are you serious . Stop being sooooooooo myopic!

Short-sighted, really?

sorry, i just don't like them, am I not entitled to my opinion? am i not entitled to express it? isn't that a contradiction in it's self?

Have i not been understanding in expressing my opinion?

Cheers

Nada

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »
That's it then, 1st time I meet Nada it's on with the shacles and slap him on the closest outfit-that'll be a good giggle.
Mate, the 1st time I saw outfits was in NZ and a bloke flipped his and put himself in a wheel chair.
But then, the 1st time I rock climbed a bloke fell 5m ans cracked his skull open--we just had to move to another spot so we could ahve a go.
Until you have been on a start grid with 20 sidecars-you haven't drawn a decent breath. Give it a go.
Now, back to the Nats. I understand there are plenty (enough) helpers. Is ther not a farmer that will lend a paddock for a day somewhere?? A nice grassy paddock with one or two hills and a creek. some shadey trees perhaps.......

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18:47 pm »
LOL

Yeah well, as for the grass track, leave it with me, im working on that:):):):):)

I have a mate, with a wicked property, that all will enjoy:)
Cheers

Nada

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2012, 06:24:45 pm »
I am not upset about your comments , it all depends on who is riding one .Yes a loony can do more damage to himself and others on sidecar than on a solo.  I have polished my sidecar boots and hung them up to have more time and play with the solos and family, no hard feelings , Nada

NO, SHIT NO! i respect sdidecars and the people who ride them! you have bigger balls than me!!!

I'm just sharing my opinion and my personal experience and why im not a fan.

Cheers

Nada

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2012, 06:29:25 pm »
Nada not trying to stifle your opinion but hopefully you haven't seen a car wreck otherwise you would have to ride a horse. Heaps of things I don't like but know others love them so I leave them be. If vmx didn't have the huge variety it has then we would all be interested in moderns which too old eyes just all look the same with different graphics.

Curly3

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »
Dunno if someone has beaten me to it but more Dirttrack / Speedway tackle.

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »
Nada not trying to stifle your opinion but hopefully you haven't seen a car wreck otherwise you would have to ride a horse. Heaps of things I don't like but know others love them so I leave them be.

Ross, Yes, i have seen a car wreck, Yep, would you like me to share that story aswell?

Since you brought it up, i will!

I was driving across the Western Ring Rd (Which im sure you know where that is) at about 2:30pm on August 21 2008, i was 2nd on the scene to a major roll over, where a prime mover had changed lanes and clipped a Toyota Corolla on the front end. In the drivers seat was grandmother picking her grandson up from daycare.

The Corolla rolled several times, crushing the roof and coming to stand still in the emergency lane, the old lady walked out with minor cuts and bruises.

The grandson suffered major internal injuries and was bleeding internally vigorously.

when we pulled him from the wreck, he had a minor pulse. We applied CPR for 30 solid minutes until the ambulance arrived but tragically the young boy dies at the scene.

Tragically cars are a necessity, and i understand that.

As I understand one passion towards an outfit, I share the same towards a solo.

But, what you are asking me to do is shut up, don't voice my opinion and don't share my personal experience, I'm even being sympathetic towards their passion.

well, to that, I say F#@K You

Considering your an educated man, I would expect more!

F#$king Teachers!
Cheers

Nada