Author Topic: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?  (Read 24409 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 08:22:59 pm »
I would like to see a write up on the EML Jumbo before it goes to its final destination ;) . They won 3 world titles  and there was only one in Australia after all .
was that the one Trevor "Crazy" Anthony had?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Tony T

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »
Anybody else read Classic Motorcycle Mechanic?.

Religiously!  ;D

Swiss

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 07:06:33 am »
I think it would be great to see a comparison of the New vs. Old Honda KSI bikes that Miles is building now.  Ride reports talking about the differences and what has changed in the design through the years would be great!

Swiss

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 07:26:50 am »
Plenty gets said about the legends and their bikes from back in the day, but what about the current crop of riders winning VMX and VDT race's on similar bikes! What about some stories about how resent Vintage National Champions (oz and abroad) came about to win national titles; history on their bikes, how the bikes were prepped, previous race wins by the rider and how they prepared their fitness etc etc.

First corner action photos are my all time favorite thing to look at.
83 KX500, 83 RM250D, Can Am MX2.

TM BILL

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 09:18:19 am »
I think it would be great to see a comparison of the New vs. Old Honda KSI bikes that Miles is building now.  Ride reports talking about the differences and what has changed in the design through the years would be great!

Swiss

Great idea  :o perhaps we could have a shootout between a YZ 360B and a 2013 YZ 450F . That mordern KSI thing just shows that POMs and Clog Wogs just dont get VMX  :P

TM BILL

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 09:25:59 am »
Plenty gets said about the legends and their bikes from back in the day, but what about the current crop of riders winning VMX and VDT race's on similar bikes! What about some stories about how resent Vintage National Champions (oz and abroad) came about to win national titles; history on their bikes, how the bikes were prepped, previous race wins by the rider and how they prepared their fitness etc etc.

First corner action photos are my all time favorite thing to look at.

Sounds good to me  :) I know a bloke on this forum who does a shit load of winning and has a great collection of racers to boot  :) This bloke races pre 65 right through to pre 90 and obviously has bikes to match a feature on him and his bikes would be a good article and probably overdue  :).

And yes good race shots always get the blood flowing , look at those awesome shots that Tony Marshall has posted of the Connondale Classic this year  8) thats what i would like to see in the magazine  :)

Offline ksithumper

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »

Swiss

Just sharper all round but mainly due to the better forks and shock. A good rider can win on either, as usual.

Put the old tank and seat on the new one and even old grumps like Bill would love it. Looks are deceiving.

Clogwog??

albrid-3

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 06:52:46 pm »
Maybe its time for me to do a re-run of the first vintage magazine Clasic Dirt Bike Market, as one of my pages was called (in the shed) as their was a page in vmx issue 1 called (blokes & their Sheds) which the idea was taken from my magazine, also north west Maico cz advertisment was also taken from CDBM too.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:56:32 pm by Dave #6 »

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 06:54:48 pm »
Clogwog = Dutch person
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

maico police

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 07:06:41 pm »
Great idea  :o perhaps we could have a shootout between a YZ 360B and a 2013 YZ 450F . That mordern KSI thing just shows that POMs and Clog Wogs just dont get VMX  :P

Yup. ;)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 07:43:12 pm »
No Hoony thats the 86 , the watercooled twin . The aircooled went back to Europe already .
any pics didn't know there was a water cooled one ? what sort of HP and engine size was that one.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 08:01:47 pm »

I think it could be time to re run a few favourite bikes, with some fresh story lines and bikes, given that we hopefully have a new generation of VMXers coming through that were only in short pants for issue 1. Also just looking at the 88 YZ250 that is up for grabs at the moment a few more pre 90 bikes could be in order, rather than going back to the future

I couldn't agree more!!! as im one of the new breed!
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:08 pm »
Maybe its time for me to do a re-run of the first vintage magazine Clasic Dirt Bike Market, as one of my pages was called (in the shed) as their was a page in vmx issue 1 called (blokes & their Sheds) which the idea was taken from my magazine, also north west Maico cz advertisment was also taken from CDBM too.

maybe I could help?
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

albrid-3

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 09:56:47 pm »
sorry NADA, it won`t happen, l have no interest in doing any mag again,  I just want to get the buzz back and have a ride and some fun.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2012, 10:35:33 pm »
I think we should have more mini bikes...  ::)