Author Topic: Sydney West Dirt track Series.  (Read 14827 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sydney West Dirt track Series.
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 05:43:29 pm »
 Maybe we would be better off abandoning the 'we must have 3 rounds' concept and instead do two rounds with style.
 Even put on an Aces invitation with the 5 top lap times - regardless of what class they were in.  Sliders included, [maybe the chook chasers wouldn't be fast enough to qualify.]
pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »
The concept of cutting out a round worked at the last Canberra club day, CoC Darylene aimed for 3 rounds plus practice in race order, instead of 4 rounds plus practice, it took pressure off everyone involved in running the meeting, gave more time for track prep, even had a lunch break.
Obviously we don't have as many classes as Nepean, 19 at last club day, but we finished in good time and
it all ran smoothly.
Foss

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2012, 09:52:33 am »
Did you like my little dig at 'chook chasers' Foss?

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 10:32:47 am »
Yeah , I did Wally,
Just noticed in the Supp. Regs for the Central Coast Cup they banned Sliders from both the Senior and Junior Cup events !!!

Foss

number 87

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 11:26:01 am »
Hi Wally and Foss, where the hell are all the sliders. Personally I love them and the public would too if there were more than one or two or three on a regular basis. . . . When I was a kid there where plenty of them and racing against them on a chookie was no drama as we were very aware of the different lines etc, the kids now wouldn't have a clue (little experience racing againts sliders) so there are crashes and parents dont like crashes and parents rule the world . . . . . . . 

Biggest drama is that few sliders regularly turn out, so they get alienated . . . imagine the other way round 95% sliders and 5% chookies. Chookies would be the poor relation. It sucks but it seems to be the way of the world.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:34:37 am by number 87 »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 10:01:31 am »
 I guess some progress is progress and some 'aint.

cheers pancho.

Curly3

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2012, 06:45:38 pm »
Few sliders turn up because they are treated like " Lepper's " these day's, and that attitude has drifted into the classic classes as well.
I admit that in the old days the riding style of an MX'er and a Slider were totally different, after watching the current stars on their modern MXer's, they now ride much the same as someone on a slider.
The longer they are ostracized the harder it will be to get them back.
Sliders take a lot more development to get them competitive and if someone is prepared to go down that track then good luck to them because when they get it right they are spectacular.
After Billy Mac's grandson end for ended his modern 450 at the national titles in Canberra last year, Billy's comment was, if that was a Hagon you'd chuck it in the bin, that's just another part of the modern equation, durability.
Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about, if it's a legal and more importantly a safe bike, let em race.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:24:33 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 08:34:00 pm »
 Who's ridin' ROUND TWO?

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 09:22:13 pm »
Griffith Club will be there .On Classic & Moderns will also bring along a few of our 125 cc Sidecars

Curly3

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:34 pm »
It'll be good to catch up with you guy's Dave.
Just to let you know, there has been talk of it being a 2 day meeting, sounds like another good night around the fire.

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 12:28:43 pm »
I'll be there with the TM and RM wally( with near gearing on the RM) ;D hopefully it'll pull alittle more down the back straight ::) You gunna do a bit of marshalling Wall again?
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 02:12:50 pm »
 Good meeting comin' up!  I plan to ride on the Sunday.  Can't be there on the Sat.  Yeah slides its a two-day event, the plan is to run all planned events over the fwo days, hopefully allow to get through the whole program at an easier pace.
 My slider should be ok and I want to get used to my old RT1 for the titles in Canberra in Sept.
 Glad to hear Grasies mob will be in attendance. Is Matcho Mick bringing the old Velo muffler?
 Dono the main straight is pretty good alright!, my eyes get twice as big as I get close to the speedway bend.
cheers pancho.

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 02:30:57 pm »
Do we have push it round the pits again Wall to swell those bloody rings ;)
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57:10 pm »
No guarantees mate---but it has a new piston and bore now so fingers crossed!
 Edd at Edds Heads told me "don't run it in at the next race meeting, I know what happens after the gate drops, run it in first"

pancho.

Curly3

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 08:10:58 pm »
No excuses now Punchy, the pressure is on, sorry I can't help push.