Author Topic: Sydney West Dirt track Series.  (Read 14830 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Sydney West Dirt track Series.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 12:13:27 am »
18.5.6.9 - thats the first referanc eof a requirement ( im assume your doing vintage racing here, not modern stuff.  IF there is no specific mention that its a requirement in the supplementary you are no required to have one in place.  IF someone says you do ask the COC to show you where that rule aplies to you in the 2012 moms, then you can pull out that referance as the first one
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58:08 am »
freaky
its a club day and if the coc says pads its pads.no amount of moms rules ect will change there minds
for example
sliders cant ride with other bikes.there club rules but in moms they can ride in unlimited or cc class
jim

number 87

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:07 am »
S@#T, F&$K and POO . . . . . preped my YZ for Sunday, then did the obligitory lap of the street (just to make sure it goes through the gearS officer, honest) gave the front brake a tap and the casting on the backing plate that retains the brake cable broke . . . . . . . . . . . F#%K!

Thank goodness for Mr Conlon and his sidecar or i would be sitting on the hill . . . .

Curly3

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »
Finally finished my prep's for tomorrow, making lunch.
Should be a great day.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 07:58:03 am »
slides "making lunch" is the canteen food that bad!!.
i know at some tracks the food is as dangerous as the 1st corner from the race start.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »
I had a great time out at Nepean this arvo, catching up with a lot of old mates and forum regulars and even watching a few races. The meeting was a real eye opener with shitloads of entries and some great racing. The crook part of the day was seeing the forum's own Sliderulz being loaded into the ambulance after crashing hard and breaking his leg in one of the last races of the day. I was told that the break's a pretty bad one too.

This is crook news, Steve (Slidey) is a very likeable bloke who was just coming back to form after a 25 odd year lay off. He's recently had a hard time of it healthwise but was really enjoying his racing and planning his new race bike.  I hope his injury isn't as nasty as the pit chatter suggested and he can eventually get back on the track.

Get well soon Steve. ;)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 01:02:19 am »
Thanks for your support Mark, I'm laying here in Nepean Hospital, feeling pretty sorry for myself right now and struggling to sleep.
Broken Tib/Fib on left leg, operation tomorrow to get a bit more steel fitted.
That'll be it for me but I will stay involved and finish off my numerous projects.
Cheers, Steve

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 03:26:43 am »
Sorry to hear about your injury Steve. I hope the operation goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 06:01:42 am »
Jim told me, last night, about your stack , hope the op today goes well for you , Slides, EA and I are thinking of you, can we call you on a phone ?
All the best, mate
Foss and EA

Curly3

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 06:32:23 am »
Thanks Al, there's a phone in my room, not a lot of charge left on my mobile.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 06:43:32 am »
Oh shit!!!  What a bugger. So sorry to hear this bad news Steve. Best of luck with everything. I'll be in touch.   Mark

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:12 am »
 That's all very distressing Steve, I  was close behind you when I saw you go down very awkwardly, good luck with todays proceedures and have a speedy recovery.
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »
Just finished talking with Steve, he appears in good spirits or on spirits (remember when my young bloke broke his arm as a kid,on the way home he reconed it was kinda fun, thats the morphine talkin).
Steve is well aware of injury and I'm sure we will see him soon,All the very best mate.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:40 pm »
 Slides went into surgery about 1.00pm today at Nepean Hospital. Nursy said ring back about 5 to possibly speak to him. I shall call the place later and see what they can tell me.
pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 03:21:04 pm »
punchy
i was talking to him as they came to get him.hope all goes well fingers crossed.he was talking screws and a plate
jim