Author Topic: Sydney West Dirt track Series.  (Read 14829 times)

number 87

Re: Sydney West Dirt track Series.
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »
My definition of a great race day is that all have a shit load of fun at a viable meeting and everyone goes home in the same car thay came in so while Round 1 of the Sydney West Dirt Track Series seemed to be a screaming success on the first two points it saddens my to see serious injuries. . . . . .

I REALLY hope all has gone well for slides . . . no doubt (i hope) we will get updates as info comes to hand, shit thing about forums is that while we kind of know or know of people in "our community" we could walk past them in the street or at the race track and not put a face to a name . . .

Go well SlideRulz.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »
steve slideRulz is out of the opp room and back in his bed in the ward he told me his leg is no streight.
jim

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 06:56:59 pm »
Good news indeed. Sad to hear about the accident, what an absolute bummer! Wishing you a quick and uneventful recovery Steve.

Curly3

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 07:59:42 pm »
Thanks to all for the support.
Feeling a lot better now after finally getting some food even though my dog eats better, Steve Constable dropped of 2 bags of lollies and a good book.
It's a big relief to see my foot back in the right place and the op went really well apparently, so well I'm wondering if I prematurely retired again, then my wife reminds me that it was the best decision.
Steve

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 08:21:18 pm »
Good onya Steve, glad you are o.k.....well sort of o.k :(
 I was wondering what the minister for health and safety thought about
 this small misadventure. Keep your chin up mate.  regards  Mark

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 08:26:36 pm »
 I tried to ring again about 6:00 and waited and waited on the phone, got cut off, waited and waited again, listened to the recorded message telling me to clean my hands when entering the hospital so many times I thought the skin would come of my hands, then a voice said  'connecting you now' and it lost the connection again. After waiting for close to half hour I gave up.
 Jim and Steve did you walk from home? Theres no where to park!
 Anyhow pleased to see on here 'slidez' is communicating via this medium.
 Onya Steve get well.
 pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »
slidey, it was the right decision atm  ;),give it 6mths mate,you'll be back,it's in your dna!,
pancho,nice face plant mate  ; ::),tip,you need to lift the needle a notch or 2,talk about fugging action corner,needed eyes in the back of my head for you lot of crashers, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
 Yes Mick it was a bit an eventful day for me as well with my slider catching me unawares about 10feet out of the gate and getting away well till WOOPS this instant wheelie caught me completly by suprise and so violent I lost my grip on the left handle bar, then when I backed off the throttle I did very close inspection of the forks crossbar!. Thanks to Jim for giving me a piece of foam rubber for there it didn't hurt.
 Then later on the hateful 2/ [RT1] beast forced me into an instant track inspection on the speedway corner while I was engrossed with the need to catch the afore mentioned Jim piloting his CZ.

Any how it didn't hurt.

A great day out for all except for Slides and his nasty awkward exit.
 Heres to a speedy recovery slides.
 cheers pancho

Curly3

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 08:38:56 pm »
Take that back Mick, I didn't crash.
It was just a racing accident, I had consciously backed of a touch because of that bloody cramping in my hands again and Steve came in a little to hot, he said he was trying to lay it down when we hit.
I'm propably lucky he took that action because it would have high sided me and god knows what could have happened then.
They let me home this arvo, at this stage it feels to early but I am glad to escape the food.
I've got a former A grader from the mid 80's who will have a blat around on my bike at the next practice day.
Thanks again guy's all the support has been a bit overwhelming and truely appreciated.
Steve 

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »
Hi Steve ,sorry to hear about the accident. You seem in good spirits(morphine i suspect) mate wish you a speedy recovery. All the best mate David & Kelly

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:32 pm »
yeah i know slidey,you just parked it against the fence,a good save i thought,but i could see you were in pain!,good to see you've gone home too!,hey grasy shouldn't that be "all the brest" ;),slidey you shouda camped ;D,
#87 duh,"thats funny i heard someone else broke his brake plate"  ::),the penny dropped Brett, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 09:38:01 am »
 Talking about 'all the breast', I was walking in the pits after the last race with the top of my leathers tied 'round my waste when my large friend Herb Conlon yelled out 'get a bra!   Nice!      Pot kettle Herb!
cheers pancho.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 09:56:16 am »

alking about 'all the breast', I was walking in the pits after the last race with the top of my leathers tied 'round my waste when my large friend Herb Conlon yelled out 'get a bra!   Nice!      Pot kettle Herb!
cheers pancho.
Herb should talk! I couldn't imagine a meeting at Nepean without 'the Herb Superb' walking around, laying shit on everyone.
Wally....I'll be at the next practice day trying to jet my motocrossers for the Nats so I'll have my box of jets and spare carbies. Why not bring the RT1 and we'll try and sort the jetting (or electrics).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:03 am »
 Thanks Mark,first I will pull the top off it to investigate and possibly get it bored out to take the new plus 1 and a half o/s piston I have waiting on the shelf.
 I would like to get it sorted for the classics at Canberra later this year.
cheers pancho.

number 87

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2012, 03:50:51 pm »
Slidez, Good to hear that you have bolted back together well. . . . .

On a different note i like to openly canvas the forums regular dirt track competitors for suggestions/opinions as to improving the Sydney West Dirt Track Series, primarily race formats classes etc. I feel the meeting went well (personally i had a screaming ball, thank you again Mr Conlon and Mr White)

But . . . . . .
Just cant seem to get through more than 2 and 1/2  rounds
By the time the presentation happens most competitors and all spectators (except helpers and family) have done an "Elvis" and left the building.

Love to gain everyones thoughts.

Again, get well soon SlideRulz

Cheers