Author Topic: How?  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
How?
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:41 pm »
I've posted about these guys before, but it beats me how they do this stuff. Skillz, balance and a healthy disregard for gravel rash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwyZlXo1zbQ&feature=fvst

albrid-3

Re: How?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:20:28 pm »
There are no cops in that town, I would like to see them on the race track using their talent.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:28:42 pm »
Fu#king wankers, awful fu#king sound track. That stuff's an insult to anyone who's been busted for changing lanes without indicating or pinged for having an obscured # plate on their enduro bike. These dickweeds have no rego, no helmets and break every rule in the book and seem to get away with it.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »
Great talent,
It urks me that i turned up at menia with my registered Modern enduro on the trailer for a ride and was told by the police to stay out and that it was queens land by the officer (i think he meant crown land). But these guys seem to get away with this on the street.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:51:15 pm »
I have read some where that a lot of the bikes are stolen which may explain the disregard for them they however are good riders but the videos I have seen they seem to be always going flatout it would be more impressive if they were going really slow.

That is when you know some one is good when they can go really slow not just holding on using the power and speed to keep the bike there.

I can go forever on my mountain bike what ever speed and do one handers no drama but when it comes to my motorbikes I just don't want to flip and bugger them which these guys don't seem to worry about.

I seen a bloke when I was last riding my 360 in the bush on a ktm 250 going flatout no foot wear no helmet or shirt just shorts on the road absolutely mental.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:04:04 pm »
I didn't actually see any bikes harmed in the making of this movie!! ??? Yeah they may be breaking some laws and have total disregard for their safety but didn't Evil Kenivel? Seth Enslow? Robbie Madison? and most of us would say their feats were sheer brilliance. The only emotion this vid sparks in me is jealousy!!  :'( If i could wheelie that looooooooooooong and stable damn happy with myself too!!!!  :P ;D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

mainline

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 11:24:25 pm »
I'd be seriously pissed off if I lived in wherever the hell that is, and payed my taxes so a local police department could sit around and let these deadshits do whatever they wanted.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 05:34:57 am »
Do the have Gyros hooked to their front wheels?  That used the be the "Wheelie King's" (Doug K) trick.  The front wheels never stop spinning no matter how long the wheelie is.
 ???
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:09:21 am »
Ballarat Rovers Rider Rod Sizeland wheelied around monza park during the lunch break and the same at a indoor track event at Avalon back in the early 90s and he used a motor on the front wheel (even though he could have done it without one) because of the slow speed and the long period of time it took.Rod Sizeland is the wheelie King and i know thats a big call but anyone in Ballarat will tell you he is the best.

This shot was taken at Buninyong on a xr250f in the main street during a parade

This shot was taken at the Monza track

This shot was at the Avolon Track.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:01:05 pm by Hardex »

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:09 am »
Ballarat Rovers Rider Rod Sizzland wheelied around monza park during the lunch break and the same at a indoor track event at Avalon back in the early 90s and he used a motor on the front wheel (even though he could have done it without one) because of the slow speed and the long period of time it took.Rod Sizzland is the wheelie King and i know thats a big call but anyone in Ballarat will tell you he is the best.

Hardex, your right, Rod is the best i've seen. (nice sticker on the bash plate and pic of his minder in the background of the first shot ;D)

Regards Stan.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:52:25 am by Stan S »

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:09 am »
The H6/360 Montessa was made for this stuff.
5 mph mono's no probs.
60 mph mono's just as easy.
I have the tickets to prove it ;D

I have never had another bike that would pop up as easy as the monty.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:33 am »
what does the bash-plate sticker say? My eyes cannot discern it..

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 08:35:59 am »
Hi Stan. I was just a one of Rods Groupies  ;D Mike52 The Monty may well be a great wheelie bike but you still need to know how to do it properly and Rod can wheelie anything all day.Lukeb1961 the sticker is Hard On dirt bikes that me and Greg flood owned back in the day.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:23 am »
I once got the front wheel of my DT 400 about a foot in the air while going over a railway line.
The copper on a bike going in the opposite direction was non too pleased.
He let me off with a warning as I was on L plates,
but not before he ripped me a new one.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:46 pm »
Fu#king wankers, awful fu#king sound track. That stuff's an insult to anyone who's been busted for changing lanes without indicating or pinged for having an obscured # plate on their enduro bike. These dickweeds have no rego, no helmets and break every rule in the book and seem to get away with it.

+1 on Firko's assessment. Nothing more than oxygen thieves with lots of practice on what will either be stolen or drug money funded. They get away with it because, largely, the cops have given up, i mean how would you stop them? Shoot them? Run over them? Chase them til they run out of fuel? As far as going to the track, the would be too busy sleeping in after the night befores activities to bother.
Rant over, back to Jim Beam.
Kt