Author Topic: How?  (Read 6627 times)

Taka 100

Re: How?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 08:02:23 pm »
guilty as charged 9pm main street port macquarie around 1974 full lenght of street wheel stand rl250 3rd gear put it down to go around corner then around the block back to in front of the picture theatre , then a bloke came outa the crowd ( a mate of some friends from maroubra) 'twisso' and gave it a spin , knees out scraping the pegs , turned out to be a road racer from sydney big night in the main drag

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »
I had a couple of sherbets at a mates place after work one day when I was 17 and decided that doing wheelies with both hands was a bit easy so as I rode away from his place I pulled her up only holding on with my right hand. Well I reckon I went only about 3 feet before I was skating down the road mixed up with the bike.
Another one was at a trial wearing the usual 1976 trials gear (rubber boots, stubby shorts and a big hat). There was a dirt road past the trials site and of course the usual young women so I couldn't resist doing a trademark wheelie up the road in 5th gear. Trouble was I looked at the women as I went past and went over the balance point. Don't know why but I tried to save myself by hitting the ground running at 60 kays. I still have the scar on my right knee 35 years later
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Curly3

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 08:28:02 pm »
Now that's opened up a can of worms.
Sorry for the Hijack, maybe we need whole new topic.
What is your biggest " Drongo " momment?

P.S. Drongo was race horse that never won a race.

Taka 100

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 08:58:40 pm »
 maybe  they could be described as moments of reflection whilst your laying there usually bent and perhaps bleeding where we reflect on the moments leading up to a climax of undecision or lack of proper posture and thoughtless control of what would seem a weapon of somewhat capability to do mass destruction.

other than that your probably right

its a hard one decscribing the exact feeling you have after the event that caused you sooo much pain and anguish and so many others laughter and jest  :D :D :D :D ;) not to mention the debriefing

more events please , you know youve all got em, and if you dont dob your mates in  ;D

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:02:16 pm by Taka 100 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 10:26:17 pm »
Now I know we've gone off on a tangent but that's the beauty of this interwebs stuff. So, yep let's hear all those stories - best wheelie, biggest 'moment', dumbest thing you ever did on a bike, biggest scar, whatever... Even better if you have the pics to illustrate it! No being shy, this is your chance to impress the Hell out of all the chicks that aren't reading this but should be.

I started early. Ripping round and round my house in the burbs on my first full sized bike, a TS100, when I see some girls from school riding past. Pinned it to show how well I could slide into the driveway and through the carport but a slight miscalculation (read lost it) and bang. Down with a broken toe... Yow!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:28:20 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:18 pm »
Yeah Graeme I've got one.
It was a drizzley Saturday afternoon in sunny Ballarat and a mate and I were at a bit of a loss as what to do so we decided to knock off a bottle of Finke port that I had had for a while. Anyway as you do after about 3/4's of it we would get my 360 Bully fired up. It wouldn't fire up so I got my mate to give me a push and sure enough it sprang into life as I rode down my paddock. I turned around and pulled a ripper wheelie up the paddock in 2nd,3rd,4th before the fuel ran out (read  forgot to turn the taps back on after it was loaded up) anyway it looped in the biggest possible way and end for ended up the paddock with me cartwheeling after it with tee shirt, shorts, thongs, and no helmet on. The port seemed to numb the pain untill I saw my lovely Bultaco wrecked. Even the forks were bent forwards and everything else smashed.
Amazingly enough that 360 ended up on the cover of VMX #5 after a lot of work.

Stan.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 01:34:00 am »
FOR SALE-Marks Swapmeet
Ad # 3189299 February 8, 2012
 LEARN TO WHEELIE
This book is a piece of history. It shows you how to wheelie in very basic steps. Most of the action photos are taken on a Hodaka Ace 90, so if you’re a fan of those great old trail bikes, this is a bonus. I located this book from 1970 in the bottom of a box that had been sealed since the mid-70s. How it survived is amazing. So I’m making it available in disc form for $10 including mailing anywhere in the US. The disc is in pdf format, so you can print out any or all pages easily.
     Rick Sieman
Maricopa, AZ
Phone: (520) 413-2596          | Email | Website
Registered Since 2/26/2010 | 870 Posts
Accepts: Pay Pal 

Best is in the West !!