Author Topic: How?  (Read 6628 times)

TM BILL

Re: How?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 12:36:18 pm »
I admire their skill , and it takes skill and balls to wheelie that long at that speed . Jeez some of you blokes are hard  ::) we used to do it all the time as kids (allbeit no where near as well as our mates on the video )

Why does everyone assume the bikes are stolen or bought with drug money  ::) because the young fellas are black ? :o

They have a talent and are enjoying life to the full  ;D sure their probably a pain in arse to other road users , but we were to, when we were young .

Would prefer they wore helmets  ::) but at the end of the day there out there enjoying themselves , IF the bikes are stolen then thats not cool but if there (bought as many want to believe ) with drug money then at least their not buying guns  ;)

I really dont like 90% of young people i meet today  ::) but i can admire skills especially when shown on a motorcycle  :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:41:41 pm by TM bill »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 02:10:27 pm »
I'm with you Bill. I only posted this to highlight their amazing skills. Sure there are all sorts of social commentary we could make, but I am in awe of their abilities. How the fork they do that I have no idea. Back in my day I was pretty good at wheelies - pretty much as far as I wanted on my old TT500s and what not. And while some have found fault with these guys doing it on the public street (and I recognise what's being said), I got my jollies wheelieing everywhere and anywhere. Nothing quite like cruising down the highway on the backwheel in my book. Sadly the only way I'd get the front wheel up nowadays would be if I hit a bump while out of control.

All of that aside though, there's no need for the racial slurs. Hey, in private I'm happy to make racial observations and cast shit too, but let's not have it on OzVMX. So just drop that part of it. People want me to moderate tougher, that's what ya got.

Tony T

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 02:16:30 pm »
Sorry, but I can't admire anyone who does dumb shit like that. Talented or not.
They're pissing everyone else off and giving all motorcyclists a bad name. That includes you and me.
And if the worst happens and they do get run over, imagine what the poor sod driving the car/truck would be going through for the rest of his life after seeing that.
I've seen the results of a guy falling off with a helmet and it ain't pretty.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »
Damd hard to do and with throttle and brake control that these guy's seem to have,they could this at what ever speed they wanted l would expect, yeah be good see them in a controled enviroment with gear on, but they where probably bought up to not no any better.....

Get em all together and make a show of it and they'de probably make a motza..
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

oldfart

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 04:21:55 pm »
Brings back memories of a Bloke back in late 70's who had a Honda  motorsport  250 that would wheelie every where  ( on public roads ... Motorways . Pretty sure they made a home made movie back then   -  even more Impressive he would do a Mx event on the back wheel.
This stuff is not new by any mean's as I have pointed out above .....

Common own up I bet at some stage we have all done a mono on the public road  ;)

Bazza     what  was his name ?????    Horrie  - Horris

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »
Brings back memories of a Bloke back in late 70's who had a Honda  motorsport  250 that would wheelie every where  ( on public roads ... Motorways.........................................
Common own up I bet at some stage we have all done a mono on the public road  ;)

Hmm... Maybe  ::)       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYiwhM23ycw
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:23:16 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »
Poser!
Standing on the seat is even more impressive, no back brake available, all throttle control.
I'm impressed with their ability and it's really just a sign of the times, thumbing their nose at society's rules and regulations, never happened in our day. ;) ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »
Horrie (blaire harrison) and his side kick Terry Meeks.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 06:42:44 pm »
Not bad Hoony. Extra points if you can still do that!   ;D

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »
Very nice Hoony

Curly3

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 06:51:13 pm »
I should add, way back when, I thought I was pretty good doing a mono until I was egg'd on to do one while leaving a party with a few Nitro's in the tank and turned it over in front of everyone without gloves or a helmet on, never done it on request since.
Tore the knee's out of my new jean's and took a lot of bark off both my hands.
I'm sure we've all had at least one "DOH" momment.

Tony T

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:30 pm »
Nice one, Hoony!

A mate of mine used to wheelie his XR500 for miles kneeling on the seat.

One day the throttle cable started to fray and stuck............ it was yucky...........  :-\

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 07:17:04 pm »
Yep, we all have plenty of those stories. Mate of mine looped out his Katana 1100 wearing just T-shirt and shorts, nice road rash up his back and thighs. Another turned over his KZ750 in the carpark of the local after a few too many raspberries. I was always careful to wear all the gear but still managed a good thumb dislocation when I lost my IT175 in 4th along a gravel road. Those things have a near vertical balance point and I never knew about using the rear brake...   :'(

TM BILL

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »
Was 16 yrs old on a twinshock XR200  ::) and had a reputation as a bit of a gun at wheelies .
one mid summer evening was showwing off to a group of girls who were in a park by wheelying up and down the road parralell to the park .

parked up and talking to the girls decided to do a few more  ::) now only wearing a T shirt and no helmet  ::) came wheelying past the cheerleaders  ;D with the thing tapped out in 3rd gear when for some reason i still dont know i just hooked 4th with out backing off  :o
The thing looped out that bloody quick i didn't know what the fork had happened  :-[ I lost bark all over me body , a reasonable amount of hair , about a pint of blood  ::)

The XR came off even worse , trashed the tank , seat , rear gaurd, bars and controls and the thing must have carried on down the road on the mag cover cos it ground it all away and a fair bit of the coils inside  :(

Fortunatley the girls took pity on me and visited me in hospital  ;D and im still in touch with a couple of them to this day  :)

albrid-3

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 07:46:17 pm »
Stan and I didn`t on a h6 360 montesa with me swingin on the back in ballarat, lucky I had a lot of faith in stans ability, but I was glad to get off, we when up the bitchem road on the back wheel down a hill and up the hill, main back roads, I am not sure how fast we where going, I just hung on.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:49:21 pm by Ossa 6 »