Author Topic: The Demise of Qantas  (Read 12987 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Demise of Qantas
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2011, 09:06:42 pm »
You didn't read my post properly did you? 

nice to know its not just my posts. LOL
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:41:30 pm by motomaniac »

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »
Nathan, of course this is a non-issue to most of the so called top 500 polluters, they will simply pass on the cost to the next in the chain and ultimately you and I as the consumer. This is why Gillard, Wong and the other spineless puppets stated that a carbon tax was not the ideal way to make a difference. I am still to be educated on how the application of a tax that can be passed on to consumers will make the polluters change their ways.
As for Qantas, I have a feeling that most Australians looking for airfares to international destinations will look at the cost factor, and that won't be Qantas' trump card. :(

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 07:50:30 am »
Sorry about the thread hijack but
.I still havent seen any carbon yet.
I,ve got to rebuild a muffler soon.
I'll box some up and send it to you Davey ;D

Now this has me thinking.
How many people can say that their chosen sport and their precious machines fix carbon in a form that can be stored?
Could it be that we , the ones the greens call enviromental vandals , are really the leaders in saving the free world? [ The russians/chinese really don't give a rats ]
Have I stumbled onto some thing that will be talked about in hushed tones for generations to come ?
Should we bring back  2 strokes in all facets of 2 wheel sport , 125 GP's especially.
Were those old diesels transporters really helping the enviroment.

;D

Ps . Where can Davey sell my shoebox full of carbon ?
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2011, 08:05:00 am »
Nathan, of course this is a non-issue to most of the so called top 500 polluters, they will simply pass on the cost to the next in the chain and ultimately you and I as the consumer.

Of course. But seeing as Qantas have been making so much fuss about needing to save money to increase profits, but the CO2 tax hasn't even rated a mention (that I've seen).
If the CO2 tax was an issue, I'm amazed that Joyce hasn't used it as a leverage point: "We can't be internationally competitive with a CO2 tax" - it would suit him on a number of levels - it would further undermine Gillard's already shakey position (an Abbott government would surely be more helpful when it came to union busting), as well as helping to justify the move overseas.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.