Author Topic: The Demise of Qantas  (Read 13048 times)

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
The Demise of Qantas
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:44:00 pm »
Just sitting at Perth Airport after arriving from Sydney waiting for my connecting flight up north to the mine site.  I had an interesting conversation with the person sitting next to me on the flight over ,who said that he was warned 6 months ago to use up all his Qantas frequent flyer points before it,s to late....Alan joyce "that potato eatin F..k" has given himself a 70% wage increase while bleating about how the Unions are strangling Qantas because the workers want a 9% wage increase over a 3 year period. If we are to believe all the propaganda we read in the government controlled media,then the unions are the bad guys holding the country to ransom. When the real reason why they are fighting is for the survival of Australian jobs. And it,s not just a few Baggage handlers, it,s Everyone...Pilots, Engineers included, who are fighting for survival while this Irish wanker and his cronies are outsourcing all of our jobs overseas......

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Demise of Qantas
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »
propaganda from the government controled media
WTF are you thinking, the Daily Telegraph new BEFORE the PM and transport minister, Joyce rang John Howard on wednesday before the grounding.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:18:40 pm »
Yes we Know all that ,but the majority of newspaper reports are anti Union...............

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »
With all due respect Lyle, I think you contradicted yourself when you said the government controlled media was spreading propaganda blaming the unions.
The goverment, for now, is Labor, Labor is the Unions.
I totally agree that Joyce's pay rise is disgraceful no matter what the circumstances.
There hasn't been real job security in Australie since the 60's, we still haven't come to grips with that fact.

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 04:24:44 pm »
Labour is for the Unions eh...so tell me ,how many of Howards Work choice laws have they changed since they have been in power???

Curly3

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »
Excuse my ignorance but it was my understanding they changed it completely, Julia took it on herself.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:42 pm »
 Don't underestimate the potato muncher. To me he is starting to look liKe the next in a long line of rip-of merchants we've seen in oz over the last few years; the M.O. is, sell your own shares ,give yourself a bonus, strip the company or let it sink then "GOOD BYE"
 Remember Clyde eng.,A.N.I Perkins, A.W.A., Telstra, off the top of my head.
 The same trick with govt. departments, they put in an accountant as G.Manager, who cuts maintenance etc, saves 3% in their  short time tenuer then disapear with a bonus.
cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Montynut

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »
The changes from Work Choices to Fair Work are relatively minor in the actual functionality of the legislation. The most significant change was returning Union powers and changing names and the landscape but most of work choices remained unchanged because most of the legislation was needed and fair. Most of Work Choices was the same as the previous legislation.

I work in a semi Government, mostly unionised, organisation and am currently a Union member. The whole Work Choices scare was another Labor spin to get elected which was funded by the Unions because the Unions hated work choices for their own reasons not their members. Work Choices mainly attached Union powers. Why am I a Union member? I question that daily in the last few years >:(.

The examples used by the Unions to demonise Work Choices during the '07 election actually took place before Work Choices came into operation. There have always been bad employers and always will be, the same as there has always been bad employees and always will be. You cannot legislate that out of the system.

I feel that I have been disadvantaged by Fair Work Australia but the Unions are more than happy so no mention of it anymore. I am sure that many will disagree with this post and they are entitled to do so and are free to continue cuddling Julia as long as they want. That’s if Krudd does not knife her in the next few weeks ::). Then we can get back to lossing our way again (isn't that why Julia knifed him) ::)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:28:35 pm by Montynut »

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 05:36:03 pm »
Well said Monty, I haven't been a member of a union for 20 years and hope I never have to.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:45 pm »
There's not much for me to disagree with in your post, Montynut...

The whole Workchoices thing shows how much Howard hated the idea of organised labour - fortunately, the public saw through that much, and turfed the old prick.
Sadly, the rolling back of that legislation was only about reinstating union power and didn't fix the real issues in IR law.
The day will come when Gillard will be vilified for how little she did.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Montynut

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 07:40:15 pm »
There's not much for me to disagree with in your post, Montynut...

The whole Workchoices thing shows how much Howard hated the idea of organised labour - fortunately, the public saw through that much, and turfed the old prick.
Sadly, the rolling back of that legislation was only about reinstating union power and didn't fix the real issues in IR law.
The day will come when Gillard will be vilified for how little she did.

Nathan I don't know how you took anything I said as indicating Howard hated anyone. I don't know about anyone else but the three most frightening periods for my financial and feeling of national security and from a poor leadership perspective during my almost 40 years in the work force have been the three times that Labor have been in power. The best of the three periods where the Hawk years due to the utter incompetence of the Whitlam period and even that is completely shadowed by the current mob of bungling inept criminals . Most of the reforms Hawk/Keating (to their credit)  introduced where contained in a report commissioned by the previous Government and all the major reforms where supported by the Coalition Opposition of the time.

Please do not infer your ‘rusted on’ beliefs into anything I said. You know very well my political persuasion.

TooFastTim

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 07:50:18 pm »
I wish I joined the union. I've never been a member of one but not joining one has hurt me financially. But as management its difficult for me to join one with any teeth.

ted

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:09 pm »
Just sitting at Perth Airport after arriving from Sydney waiting for my connecting flight up north to the mine site.  I had an interesting conversation with the person sitting next to me on the flight over ,who said that he was warned 6 months ago to use up all his Qantas frequent flyer points before it,s to late....Alan joyce "that potato eatin F..k" has given himself a 70% wage increase while bleating about how the Unions are strangling Qantas because the workers want a 9% wage increase over a 3 year period. If we are to believe all the propaganda we read in the government controlled media,then the unions are the bad guys holding the country to ransom. When the real reason why they are fighting is for the survival of Australian jobs. And it,s not just a few Baggage handlers, it,s Everyone...Pilots, Engineers included, who are fighting for survival while this Irish wanker and his cronies are outsourcing all of our jobs overseas......

Not a red rag flying unionist by any chance are you Lyle?

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 08:16:10 pm »
Joyce will take a big payout and never be seen in Australia again,seems to be the way it works :'(

cheers Dale.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 08:32:21 pm »
Joyce will take a big payout and never be seen in Australia again,seems to be the way it works :'(

cheers Dale.
Aint that the truth, he'll just hop across the ditch & do all the same good work for air new zealand after the post election sell off >:(