Author Topic: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest? OPEN FORUM  (Read 19313 times)

cheapracer

Re: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest? OPEN FORUM
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:17 pm »
Design registration ammounts to three fifths of SFA in China. Priceless. ;D

So now you're an expert on Chinese IPR law?

I am and was recently involved in tearing a business apart and stripping their assets for copying motorcycle designs so your comment is one of pure ignorance.

cheapracer

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 02:07:34 pm »
Lighten up, FFS.

Yeah I started this by coming up with a project to help VMX.

LMAO actually  ;)

But you keep bumping it to the top Mate along with the others so you can be heard and we'll have some more fun - all I'm doing is responding.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:12:19 pm by cheapracer »

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 02:32:30 pm »
me thinks you do complain to much- you had a great idea,wanked on and cant take it back.take a dim sim and a chill pill.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »
Now c'mon Cheapracer thats all the lads wanted in your original thread was a response  ;D

Knock off " english slang for copy, certinaly not suggesting your doing anything illegal ole mate ::)

Quote Cheapracer
"I don't know WTF this about besides egotistical pricks who just have to be heard, I just want to get some bikes out there for people to race in the same class as me and it's as simple as that  "
"
Calling people names though  :o i thought you would have been above that  ;)

I personally believe its very honourable of you to try to supply a budget racer for others in your class  :) Hows the racing going ? im supprised you actually find the time to go racing with all the buisiness  enterprises and motor racing projects , birthdays, dismantling ilegal knock off factories and posting on various forums  :o but what would i know  ??? im only a broken arse Towie and VMX Wobbler  :)

If its all becoming a bit much (i only say so cause you seem a little frazzled in your last post ) I am available to take over your racing duties (at a very reasonable rate ) if that helps  ;D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:46:38 pm by TM BILL »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 02:58:53 pm »
…I am available to take over your racing duties (at a very reasonable rate ) if that helps  ;D

You mean 'wobbler' duties don't you Bill?

And I know your rates are very reasonable, unless you are an asian tourist with a pet who needs to be in Auckland the next day…  ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

cheapracer

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 03:09:22 pm »
Now c'mon Cheapracer thats all the lads wanted in your original thread was a response  ;D

What response didn't I give? I'm not above calling people names, where on earth did you get that thought from?

im supprised you actually find the time to go racing with all the buisiness  enterprises and motor racing projects , birthdays, dismantling ilegal knock off factories and posting on various forums  :o but what would i know  ??? im only a broken arse Towie and VMX Wobbler  :)

Add that I also play tennis most days and walk every day for at least an hour and travel a lot.

You obviously don't know a single thing about my daily life but feel you have some right to make an overtone of doubt about it as does Firkin with no evidence at all but apparently I just have to sit here while those aspersions are cast .....

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 03:11:08 pm »
Love your work Bill--just keep throwing out the line and he'll bite every time. Best entertainment and no charge.

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 03:25:56 pm »
Jeff i stand corrected Wobbler duties  ;D however with my factory ride on the new improved Mettise with its swiss watch precision handling , my lap times will drop dramaticly  ;

Cheapracer please dont miss interpret my admiration for your busy and obviously well managed schedule  :o as i say i am but a humble serf looking to learn from the master  ;)

Quote Cheapracer " Add that I also play tennis most days and walk every day for at least an hour and travel a lot."

Bloody hell sounds like an ad for womens monthly toiletries ;
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:54:58 pm by TM BILL »

TM BILL

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 03:40:20 pm »
Quote Cheapracer " Add that I also play tennis most days and walk every day for at least an hour and travel a lot."

Im now starting to understand how you do it  ;) your either a multi tasker or a very bad tennis player  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:56:22 pm by TM BILL »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 04:24:20 pm »
As a bemused bystander I find this one a bit hard to follow. I don't know Cheapracer at all, but like anyone on here he's welcome to delete or lock his thread if he wishes. It's not some kind of rigid autocracy here. It'd be better if people didn't but hey, sometimes things just go pear-shaped.

Now, Cheapracer does bite too quickly, but as far as I can see, all he's done is suggest that he make some decent copies of what I suppose is an uncommon and expensive frame so as to open up the possibility that more old Pommy bikes appear on the grid. Not unreasonable, and no different to what GMC and a few others do. The frame, while of modern manufacture, would be a faithful replica (he claims) of the original, so it's well within the spirit of things, surely?

I'm beat if I can see why all the angst, other than the fact that the guy tends to fan the flames with his responses. What exactly is everyone's beef? Do you honestly disagree with the proposition? Why? Or do you just dislike the guy for the way he comes across (sort of like poor old Ji). Or is there some history here I am unaware of?

I reckon just lighten up...

cheapracer

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 05:16:32 pm »
your either a multi tasker or a very bad tennis player  ;D

I am both.

Did you consider that I just walk out to the factory and instruct my workers for 5 to 10 minutes on their tasks for the morning or afternoon (as I just did a few moments ago) ..... I pay attention to my cars about 1 to 2 hours per day on average. I also got one of my workers to start bending up a trial frame to work with but I will be paying closer attention to that than the cars but I still have plenty of time to "bite" on posts  ;D ;D

I was also just admiring our new DUFIEUX 5 axis gantry mill that just arrived from France, I'm kind of hoping next year that will come in handy for replicating (there's that word again) some chosen VMX parts that can't be gotten anymore depending on our program with it.

If anyone's interested I'll take some shots of it when it's unpacked.

I'm about to do some runs (casting and machining billet) of similar components with a neighboring company that I can't talk about as the client dosn't want the "Made in China" stigma that comes from cheapasses buying cheap shit and when it breaks blaming everyone else but themselves.

Noted Graeme, thank you.

cheapracer

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 05:38:24 pm »
Do you use Solid Works as a designer- feed program ?

Solid Edge. We adapt Seimens controls to all our machines.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 05:57:24 pm »
Hey,Mark

Gary Armstrong here long time,what do you expect these frames will sell for if you haven't already mentioned it ,I wouldn't mind building a replica of the Metisse my old man used to race,

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 06:39:00 pm »
 :D :D :D. Good stuff Ross.
I reckon a plank off might be a goer,seeing theres lotsa stuff to lie on,in all those pics.
Anyway,its good to see yer back.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 06:49:07 pm »
Hey Nimmo,that suit is very mature and professional looking.  8)
You could sell Maicos   414's fast now   ;D  ;) 
cheers A
Best is in the West !!