Author Topic: Crawford River Classic 2011  (Read 22944 times)

montynut

Re: Crawford River Classic 2011
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2011, 05:47:52 pm »
Hope Trevor is OK although I bet he's more than a little sore today.

I particularly enjoyed the MX track on Saturday. The track was in great shape and a joy to ride (except one corner but even that was very manageable) :).

Noel was the star of the meeting by a long shot in my book. He has procured a water truck for permanent use at the track. Ya bloods worth bottling Noel ;)!

Speaking of bottling Fernando had some of his ‘special’ fuel available for sampling on Saturday night but I personally believe that it is a derivative of Avgas / caster based pre-mix.

Our friend who lost his leg was pretty sore on Sunday with a corked thigh that will take months to completely clear up is my guess.

It was so good to see all the main Spanish brands represented, nine bikes in total I think ;D. Birko did us proud with a podium in the Pre70 event :) 8). A bit disappointed in my own performance in the trophy races unfortunately, didn’t even start :-[. Oh well there is always next year.

Firko it is reassuring to know that the VMX movement can preserve a race bike in use for all those years and it still looks great ;D. Reversed wheel or not. I am sure I’ve seen pictures of the factory bikes of the day with their wheel mounted the same, something to do with cancelling out brake torque reaction :P.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »
Yes it was fun but I wasn't going to repack it.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2011, 06:02:48 pm »
i know just mucking around not at you mark.you can fit them any way you want
jim

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »

sorry, I have to say what I'm thinking, what a lack of respect to Magoo as the CRC was his baby and he made it such a special event. Very poor form. Maybe it's because I took pledges from some NSW wanabees for the charity rides for Magoo, for them to turn around and not honour them with lame excuses, that I dont care about upseting the pure bloods.

geez, he was about VMX you dills, not just EVO and Pre 85.

to hell with it, Worms
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:40:14 pm by worms »

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:17 pm »
As an ex Heaven member ( a move to Tas ) I agree with worms . Bruce + Mark A where the prime movers on the first CRC and Mark had to be away in the last couple of weeks including race day . Bruce bagged my old bikes , but He loved all vmx bikes not just Evo , pre 85 . Having been on the committee at Heaven and helping on CRC 2 and CRC 3 I'll tell you now with out Bruce + Mark those events would have been a no go . The event is about our legends and the big feller is one of them . As a side note after I made the Ray Ryan Trophy Bruce said this event should be called the dead guys classic , so Bruce my mate you rate up there with the other legends . Iain Cameron .#54
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:56:36 pm by iainyz »
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2011, 07:35:34 pm »
No disrespect to any body,
Just Half a bottle of scotch,

What a burden it is to be saddled with the weight of history.

Late edit.
I may remove this post in the morning
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:37:19 pm by Noel »

cheapracer

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2011, 07:47:25 pm »
I am sure I’ve seen pictures of the factory bikes of the day with their wheel mounted the same, something to do with cancelling out brake torque reaction :P.

Not much sense of humour in this place  :-\

This is a bit of a standing debate among CZ owners but they came standard the other way around, when they face forward like that in sand or rocky stuff or clipping another rider you risk having the brake lever forced up and on obviously.

Brake torque reaction is the same unless the wheel turns the other way as well (that would be a worry), what I heard was the cable runs freer that way and a lighter action.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:57 pm »
An interesting weekend, many thanks to eric (echo) for the use of his pre 75 MX 250, for the invititation race.

Coming from QLD to race was a bit of an eye opener, first off I have one machine a TT250, which I race in the evo 250 and 4 stroke classes.
Makes it hard when we find you combine the two classes, 9x 4 stroke entrys,17x Evo entrys,enough for a class each what gives?
I was offered a ride up in the Evo open so lucky to get 2x races for the whole day.
But we sat and watched under 16 juniors getting 6 x races for the day whats with that,I thought it was a VMX meeting.

What ever the reasons ,you guys need to come for a drive and sample our tracks and clubs,you wont be disappointed :D
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »
Juniors are used to stop Senior riders habing back-to-back races. Most of the time, this is appreciated!
The Juniors usually get short races too.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2011, 09:02:04 pm »
Juniors are used to stop Senior riders habing back-to-back races. Most of the time, this is appreciated!
The Juniors usually get short races too.

Maybe they need to toughen up, hell maybe we need a state of origin VMX
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

montynut

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2011, 09:07:02 pm »
I am sure I’ve seen pictures of the factory bikes of the day with their wheel mounted the same, something to do with cancelling out brake torque reaction :P.

Not much sense of humour in this place  :-\

This is a bit of a standing debate among CZ owners but they came standard the other way around, when they face forward like that in sand or rocky stuff or clipping another rider you risk having the brake lever forced up and on obviously.

Brake torque reaction is the same unless the wheel turns the other way as well (that would be a worry), what I heard was the cable runs freer that way and a lighter action.

You obviously missed the tougue in cheek face shezzzzz. Not much humour in this place ::) ::)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:09:47 pm by montynut »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2011, 09:09:34 pm »

sorry, I have to say what I'm thinking, what a lack of respect to Magoo as the CRC was his baby and he made it such a special event. Very poor form. Maybe it's because I took pledges from some NSW wanabees for the charity rides for Magoo, for them to turn around and not honour them with lame excuses, that I dont care about upseting the pure bloods.

geez, he was about VMX you dills, not just EVO and Pre 85.

to hell with it, Worms

This is not directly exclusively (or even particularly) at Worms.

I think that using the memory of Bruce as a political football, and the continued grappling for position on an imaginary "Magoo friendship ladder" is far more disrespectful than anything the club has done or not done.

Everyone has their own opinions on what he'd have wanted, and which race meet the Magoo Memorial race should be included in, but I can't imagine him responding well to the bickering over the topic, if he was still around to hear it...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »
Firko it is reassuring to know that the VMX movement can preserve a race bike in use for all those years and it still looks great . Reversed wheel or not. I am sure I’ve seen pictures of the factory bikes of the day with their wheel mounted the same, something to do with cancelling out brake torque reaction .
I just had a look at my one and only photo of the CZ when I owned it and the wheel is in the same position it's in today. Whoever built that bike prior to my ownership knew their Cee Zee shit so I bow to their knowledge. I remember the bike as being a real torque monster and would love to know what, if anything was done to it besides what you can see. Sorry to see Trev getting hurt but stoked to see him still racing our old baby. Trev had some serious health issues a few years ago so it's also cool to see that both he and the CZ are tough old survivors.

As far as the Magoo trophy, I genuinely feel that it belongs to the CRC.....just my 2 bobs worth.

cheapracer

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2011, 10:14:27 pm »

You obviously missed the tougue in cheek face shezzzzz. Not much humour in this place ::) ::)

Actually I did sorry and to be honest the smileys here bite and sadly lacking a thumbs up for the Bultaco heads  ???

STW996

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2011, 05:34:22 am »
I think that using the memory of Bruce as a political football, and the continued grappling for position on an imaginary "Magoo friendship ladder" is far more disrespectful than anything the club has done or not done.

Nathan, this is an outrages comment and I hope one you will retract!!!

I will take this offline as I hope the others will as well but the people commenting on this ALL are friends of Bruce in one way or another be it for only a few years or life long.