Author Topic: Crawford River Classic 2011  (Read 22942 times)

suzuki43

Re: Crawford River Classic 2011
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 07:56:29 am »

Offline bullmad24

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2011, 10:40:04 pm »
Some images from sat morning

Offline bullmad24

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2011, 10:43:59 pm »
more images

Offline bullmad24

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 10:46:31 pm »
some more

Offline bullmad24

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2011, 10:49:34 pm »
more images

Offline bullmad24

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2011, 10:54:57 pm »

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2011, 05:55:47 am »
Another great weekend  thanks Heaven VMX

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 09:10:25 am »
Thanks for sharing bullmad24,looks like a magical day with a great range of older era bikes ..  :P
Good stuff.
Cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 10:39:53 am »
For those that did not make it to the CRC I have uploaded a shot of the "Magoo" trophy

Big and red just like the bloke we named it after!

I dont think Magoo would mind if its for a race or not...it could go to a rider/voulenteer who's just been a real good vmxer,with a big heart for the days event or the past year.  8)
cheers A

Who won the Magoo Memorial Trophy

Damo

firko

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:29 pm »

What a hoot. ;D ;D I haven't seen my old CZ 400 since I sold it about thirty years ago. I'd bought the CZ in about 1980 for $80 and used it as a muck around bike and for the occasional short circuit club day. Being six years old when I got it, it was considered to be positively ancient but I had a ball on the old girl as a back up to my modern Maico. It was pretty trick when I got it....Mossberger or GEM reed, Mikuni, Motoplat ignition, alloy tank, porcupine head and some other stuff I can't recall. Eventually I sold it to help finance my '82 Maico 490 enduro to a guy who pretty soon passed it on to Trevor Lucas who raced it in the very early days of VMX. It's in the exact same condition as the day I sold it thirty years ago, including the wrong model tank graphics...all I could get in those pre VMX cottage industry days......This has made my day ;D!

cheapracer

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2011, 12:40:52 pm »
Being six years old when I got it,

How did you reach the footpegs?

Oh and the front wheel is on ass about face.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2011, 01:17:14 pm »
what about the forks they are the right way round ??????
Oh and the front wheel is on ass about face

firko

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2011, 02:56:46 pm »
Oh and the front wheel is on ass about face.
what about the forks they are the right way round
Oh and the front wheel is on ass about face
Gimme a break...it was thirty fuc*ing years ago since I sold it....I'd presume the forks and wheel had been in and out a couple of times since then. ::)
How did you reach the footpegs?
Being six years old when I got it, it was considered to be positively ancient
Don't quote me out of context.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2011, 03:15:02 pm »
I would just like to thank all the officials and committee for a fantastic weekend of racing at the Crawford river classic rode the wheels off everything I had and also bikes I borrowed thanks to Ken Smith for the loan of the OSSA and Kawasaki and Sean Hardman and his Dad for the loan of the Yamaha sorry to the guy who lost his leg in a race start crash ( good job it was false). Also managed to finally get my 16 year old son to come and race he had a ball and has now decided to come to Cd8 on a road trip. Congratulations to my mate Chris Bullen for the upset of the meeting buy beating everyone in the brands race on a bog standard road legal Suzuki PE250T I'll never here the last of it now. And Noel can you put  the bunting a bit lower so its not wrapped around my neck when I crash through it!
Thanks again Bunting Baker #333

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2011, 05:09:43 pm »

What a hoot. ;D ;D I haven't seen my old CZ 400 since I sold it about thirty years ago. I'd bought the CZ in about 1980 for $80 and used it as a muck around bike and for the occasional short circuit club day. Being six years old when I got it, it was considered to be positively ancient but I had a ball on the old girl as a back up to my modern Maico. It was pretty trick when I got it....Mossberger or GEM reed, Mikuni, Motoplat ignition, alloy tank, porcupine head and some other stuff I can't recall. Eventually I sold it to help finance my '82 Maico 490 enduro to a guy who pretty soon passed it on to Trevor Lucas who raced it in the very early days of VMX. It's in the exact same condition as the day I sold it thirty years ago, including the wrong model tank graphics...all I could get in those pre VMX cottage industry days......This has made my day ;D!
Trevor is still racing this bike but ended up in Hospital with a dislocated shoulder in a freak accident while push starting this  bike just before the Trophy race's he is OK and was picked up and taking home  from Hospital by another rider.

"Bunting Baker" when we put it lower it got caught in your  foot pegs ,
(and I watched your trailer dancing down the F3 that Looked like fun)

The Magoo trophy event was not held at this meeting but will be held later in the year , so Damo you still have a shot at it!

Age old Question on the Front brake Jim, Have looked at Hundreds of Photo's and I reckon it's 50/50 which side it's on
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:29:42 pm by Noel »