Author Topic: Japan Kamaishi  (Read 34744 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Japan Kamaishi
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2011, 07:55:09 pm »
I don't think we need to worry about this situation anymore. I noticed Carl Stefinwhatshisface was there on the news this morning (Channel 9)

I was very interested though on his info about how Nucleur energy and safety has never moved forward due to politics  :(   ::)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:08 pm »

and the bikes ? all good ?
cheers A
[/quote]

bikes are fine, inside scoop on the cooling emergency engines are they went under water during the Tsunami, started automatically but went out again on high oil temps..... so probably it took on water they have moved on the bed in relation to the pump. one of the engine builders engineers got caught up in the explosion this afternoon. Nobody was killed so the media talked it up a bit.

Those engines are pretty bomb proof even flooded so it is likely they can be bought back to life.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 08:01:53 pm »

I was very interested though on his info about how Nucleur energy and safety has never moved forward due to politics  :(   ::)
cheers A
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth, everything was certified in the 60s and a lot of the technology is still stuck in it, as it is too hard to get through the UN /Atomic Energy Commission bureaucracy to update anything. 

Bit like US air traffic control if you have ever read about that, which still runs the technology of a Space Invaders machine.
formerly Marc.com

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 08:42:27 pm »
I got word that;
- Most if not all the main manafacturing sites for us have no (or not enough) power to sustain production.
- Until further notice, most workers have been told not to come into work.
- Transportation is strained as public transport is nearly all electric.
- When i spoke to one of co-workers today, he said that there is no petrol to be had.

And this is in Kanagawa prefecture, south of Yokohama.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
I don't think we need to worry about this situation anymore. I noticed Carl Stefinwhatshisface was there on the news this morning (Channel 9)
He had the deeply concerned face, the deeply concerned voice and he'll ask the hard questions. It'll all be fixed in no time.

I must say that my sympathies go to all affected by this earthquake, Christchurch and the recent floods. I thank the stars, gods or what ever that I have not been involved in any of these things but these pratts who constantly turn up on the spot and dribble on mindlessly do tend to trivialise the whole thing.
I can only assume there is some sort of media award for having the most concerned face or voice on location.

True Brent thankfully Carl and most of the English speaking media can't ask tactful questions to survivors like "Just how does it feel to have your family, your house, your neighbours and all your friends washed away in an instant?" 

A question came up when we were talking about the tsunami today. WTF will they do with and where will all that rubbish go? I'm thinking you wuold need every chrome truck in Japan continualy taking loads to some giant recycling plant, that separated timber from metal.
Jesus only loves two strokes

TooFastTim

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2011, 08:55:03 pm »
Yeah went on a 3 day bender since Fridays earthquake

We all give thanks to the almighty in our own way.... ;D

TooFastTim

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2011, 08:56:32 pm »
The generators at the reactors were positioned just over tthe large sea walls that were built to halt the tsunami wave. Just nobody figured on a 10m wave would just go over the wall and swap the generators. Oh dear.

Oh FFS!!!

TooFastTim

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »
Ain't that the truth, everything was certified in the 60s and a lot of the technology is still stuck in it, as it is too hard to get through the UN /Atomic Energy Commission bureaucracy to update anything. 

The control systems on Nukes still run on relay logic. The rationale is good. Too many yahoos code PLC's without thinking the software through properly (see IEC 61508 and 61513). Relay logic forces a strict revision code for changes.

As an example and one that was particularly close to (my) home google the Therac 25 incidents.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2011, 09:13:45 am »
At the meatworks where I used to work the last line of defence on the freezers was a hand crank VW engine coupled to a little compressor. :o
Just kept the place ticking over till we got it fixed.
I've seen what happens when you spray water onto a burning magnesium VW gearbox case.. nasty
Try putting them out with a fire extinguisher.
The end result is interesting to say the least.
Caustic on magnesium . :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 11:17:30 am »
Plenty of after shocks during the night ..... just got asked by Switzerland the risk to delivery, told the the radioactive steam keeps fogging up the van drivers windows.

Meanwhile our HR guy is calling himself the 'Business Sustainability Controller' ..... called everyone to the office for ' business as usual'. I stood my people down regardless and I notice HR copied my mail to my staff and made it official policy 4 hours later.

formerly Marc.com

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 02:41:08 pm »
As you can see by THIS going to be a long while untill things are back to some semblence of normality along the Sendai coast. :-[ Doesn't need words
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 07:41:06 pm »
Theres some really graphic shit coming out on youtube and facebook now...hope people dont entertain in it.  >:(
I'm glad my computor bloked it-cause it gave me time to think, about if I really wanted to see the ugly slaughter  :'(  I didn't.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:16 pm »
I've been thinking the last couple of years or so that we should have nuc power in OZ. My thoughts are going toward anti nuclear right now. If the Japs can't get it right, we have no hope.. I'm not saying they made a mistake, but realistically- japan relies on fishing greatly, so building that thing right on the coast is like taking a fart in your sink every night, one time in a hundred its gunna turn out to be a number two. Back to the good old coal eh..
Quite sincerely, feel so sorry for all of the people there
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »
I've been thinking the last couple of years or so that we should have nuc power in OZ. My thoughts are going toward anti nuclear right now. If the Japs can't get it right, we have no hope..

Marcfx or someone maybe able to enlighten us more on this.I've been doing some research/reading and TEPC (Toyko Electric Power Company) seem to have more power(no pun intended) over the Japanese Media,Japanese government and the pollyies in Japan.This is not a blame just an observation.
I'm all for nuc and its time we moved forward and used our hidden knowledge to use it properly or just go for a bit of wind like you say oldyzman  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2011, 11:13:29 pm »

Marcfx or someone maybe able to enlighten us more on this.I've been doing some research/reading and TEPC (Toyko Electric Power Company) seem to have more power(no pun intended) over the Japanese Media,Japanese government and the pollyies in Japan.
cheers A
[/quote]

Good observation, TEPCO are typical Japanese Government agency that is all powerful, that's how the Japanese can run such a dysfunctional government. It has a historical dimension .... the Bakufu were the Samurai bureaucrats  who became more powerful than the Tokugawa, and they still run the shop.
formerly Marc.com