Author Topic: Trip to the USA.  (Read 160802 times)

Curly3

Re: Trip to the USA.
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:12 pm »
Hey, thats my number, he can't use that ;D
Pete is really sticking it up those Sepo's.
We rang Pete last night at about 11pm our time and 5.15am over there.
That must've been a thrill for him, talking to a couple of pissed fools sitting around the bonfire on the other side of the world.
Keep it up Pete.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2011, 07:58:12 pm »
 Super Cool!!!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2011, 10:15:15 am »
Young Tom Edwards was at DuQuoin racing as well and going real good,he is only 10 and always seemed to be riding up a class to me,still did real well.It was really strange to talk to someone in Australian.
The announcer was a character, nicknamed me "staggers Lee",will post(thanks Alan) some pics of bikes at the mile before it rained,the heat and humidity over 3 days of riding really wasted us so we are heading to the Rockies (Denver) for a break.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2011, 12:11:08 pm »
Motorcycling Australia ran with Pete and Colleens story on their website this morning

Dunno whats happennin, but I cant seem to paste the whole link,

so, Check out  www.ma.org.au
Pete and Colleens yarn is on the front page.

Good one for Vintage Dirt Track and well done Pete and  Colleen and many thanks , Bill
Foss

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:17:30 pm by JAP 454 »

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2011, 12:04:37 am »
Just to update young Tom's performance, he was running second in class last time I spoke to John(dad),the family were heading to Springfield to was Herfo run with the big dogs.

Offline farmpro

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2011, 06:04:34 am »
Hey Mates !!!
Pete Lee has the first Race in a 4 race series starting today and running until Tuesday.
Everyone wish him well.

Bill Davis              Texas Vintage Racing Club

Curly3

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2011, 07:04:16 am »
Go get em Tex.
Time to stop being the tourist and buying t shirts, spoons and tea towels.
Get back to the real reason you're over there and kick some Yankee butt.
Thanks to you Bill for looking after Pete.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2011, 05:23:41 pm »
PETER 1ST OVER 50S in the first of his 4 races left
if pete keeps this up he will be a no 1 usa plate holder soon i beleve he has a nationl no 2 plate already

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2011, 07:09:45 pm »
This is getting better and better!!!  Great stuff Pete.   Mark

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »
That is great news, well done Pete for doing the Aussies proud :)
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 11:13:08 pm »
pete got a second tonight crept the start got put back to second grid.them yanks are starting to feel the pain of being whipped by an aussie,handicaping now

Curly3

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2011, 08:47:14 am »
Bloody Yanks, keep your eyes open Pete, remember Phar Lap & Les Darcy ;D

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:45 am »
This report on the Colby meeting from Pete a couple of days ago

Outlaw meeting in Colby Kanzas last night, Norton tonight,part of a 4 race series.
Part of the farewell to Chris Carr series ($25,000 start money to Chris). Bloody nice bloke meet him in Ashland,came up to me after miserable performance in the first heat and offered some very real advice,made a big differance fro the next heat and finished 2nd.
Fantastic meet,seeing the pro riders going at it for money,10 XR750 Harleys there.Promoter suggested I enter the 750 Vintage Pro Class, Didn't work out for me, poor Qualifying put me on the second row and bikes were just too quick.Also entered the over 50 Vintage Ameteur class, this was combined with the Vintage Ameteur Open which started on front row(8) and over 50's on row 2 (7 riders). Managed a fantastic start and finished 2nd in race, 1st in my class.4 English riders have came over to ride the series(great interaction between us) they struggled,the speed and level of grip on that blue groove surface is staggering.Got to get to track,report 2morrow

Harleys at Colby

Will post report from the Norton meeting a bit later

Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2011, 10:05:46 am »
Got this report from Pete and Colleen last night

At Norton last night, didn't enter 750 vintage pro class, in this Outlaw series the pro racing are paid around $1000 for the win and the winners are current experts on vintage machines with only a capacity guideline,tyres and suspension seem open slather. Stuck with the Ameteur over 50's.
Ended up 2nd after a bit of a battle, the crazy Aussie was the only rider shifting gears, our bike had mile gearing on (ran out of options) so I used 4th in the turns to get to bounce out then into 5th as quick as possible, Bill's 650 is really doing a great job considering its stage of tune (mild). Might be making me look good as it is so easy to ride.
Off to Stockton to race monday and Tuesday nights to complete the series.

OK , we are now up to date with all of the reports on Colleen and Pete.

Foss

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:32 am »
Great photos, great performance....what a great experience mate. What makes it even more astounding is that Pete's down on power, new to that type of surface and type of racing, is way out of his comfort zone and is riding a motocross Metisse which is not really made for flat track against proper dirt track framed bikes.......big effort.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha