Author Topic: Trip to the USA.  (Read 160791 times)

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the USA.
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2012, 01:36:54 pm »
Congratulations on flying the flag so well Pete. You're living the dream my friend ;D.
I also thought that Knight was a good thing. There's been some good buys over there lately and its great to see some of them hitting our sunny shores! I look forward to seeing both it and Grasy's Honda in action around the scene next year.
Thanks Firko, Bill and Nancy really looked after us! Not sure if the Knight Honda will ever make it home, I really only bought it to use over there. Still maintain, rightly or wrongly, that the US set-up is quite different and we (may?) have the correct motorcycle set-up here.

Curly3

« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2012, 05:24:50 pm »
What we need to do is find some sponsorship for transport and get a couple of your bikes over there, that'd give em summin to talk about, an interesting experiment.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2012, 09:18:19 am »
I would love to run a knight framed xr500 around our beloved Action Park up at Maryborough. It would be the bee's knee's!
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2012, 10:28:55 am »
Just been on Facebook with Mia and Chew, we met them in Ashland,real dirt track people. She has posted footage from Wauseon and Ashland, look on youtube under naturegirlmia, wauseon12. Warning, if you watch the footage you will book a flight to the USA and RACE. I have!

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2012, 11:06:35 am »
That has made my day. Thanks Pete.
The blokes on the old sidecars were great!!!
The Yanks sure know how to put on a show. I want to go. ;D
   Regards   Mark

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »

Curly3

« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »
Yeah I watched it earlier Jim and I think Pete has a few little cameo's in that one, there was another guy using 17 as well.
Loved the old Board Trackers and Sidecars, I may have imagined it but it looked like they could lean slightly either way?

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2013, 09:50:30 pm »
Here we come da  USA Kelly & I have booked or tickets to meet up with Peter & Col for the Kansas AMA in August .Looking forward to the trip & experience. We both have some engine building to do when we arrrive Pete on his new scooter Knight Honda XL500 & myself on the Champion Honda XL 350 (Pete campaigned last year) we both will be adding some Aussie thoughts into the motors. Looking forward to meeting Bill & Nancy from Texas.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2013, 08:11:04 pm »
Had a sneek peek at the Knight Honda in its new home waiting for Pete and Colleen.
Schmick.  Question,.....do they mix 4 strokes and 2 strokes or do they have seperate classes.       cheers  Mark

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:00 pm »
All in with 2/ and 4/, the 4 strokes dominate. Had a great experience selling stuff through the forum, and made some cash to take with me to the states. Davy Crocket came around in his van, straight out of American Pickers, cool. Dropped off some stuff with Foss and had a great visit, thanks for the hospitality mate, then onto steve 234s stash in a secret location,cool stuff mate. Thanks again to the forum members I dealt with and have a great 2013.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2013, 08:44:19 pm »
Must be that time of the year again boys! Off to the U.S.A?

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2013, 09:10:00 pm »
Just over a month before Colleen and I are off, can't wait. Did the first test at the "Pines" of the Xl500 we have been developing here, I have a FT500 on the ground at Bill Davis's place in TX. Will take the good bits from our test mule here and graft to the FT engine, we (includes a bunch of mates from Griffith) have done some things that are unique to us here and hope they work in the US. I used a fair bit of US style gear in it, ie cam and carb, and on the test here I would say both are to big for our tracks. I will test a 40mm carb this week instead of the 44. Our engine seen 9120rpm on test, not bad for a big XL500. Will keep youall updated. Many thanks to Bill and Nancy for storing all our stuff and collecting packages from all over.

Curly3

« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2013, 09:14:07 pm »
Yeeehaaah, go get em Pete.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2013, 09:28:49 pm »
Geez Pete you'll need a fifth wheeler to bring home the loot, with the power under your backside now  8)  8)
Excitement plus  :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2013, 09:42:35 pm »
Good luck over there....you have to live up to the Aussie reputation now that Adam Scott has won the "green" jacket.....watch out for those donuts. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.