Author Topic: Trip to the USA.  (Read 160766 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the USA.
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2012, 09:42:47 am »
Hate to start boring everybody again, but I have just recieved some great news, I HAVE SCORED A RIDE ON A REAL LIFE CHAMPION TRIUMPH 750 for the Kanzas Fair Series in August 2012.
Have been talking to Wild Will from Flattrack.com and will be his team mate riding for Tom Laird (LA Racing) an ex-racer who prepares a couple of really quick Triumphs. Bill Davis is kindly loaning the ute again so all is looking good for 2012. Will hosts a chat line on Flattrack.com on wednesday night, works out to Thursday early afternoon here, and is anouncing the news on the web site. Rapt.

Bill, Is Petes ride still for August 2012 at Kansas Fair.?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline farmpro

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2012, 11:12:55 am »
Yes,Alison Pete is going to contest the entire Kansas Series plus an additional 4 races I'm aware of.
He has a pretty full schedule but does plan on doing a little sightseeing too.
He's kinda tired of hauling Grapes for all those Wine drinkers.
Hope things are going well in WA.
Hope to come over next year with my wife,Nancy.
Take care.

Tom Laird

« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »
 Help send a poor boy to summer camp. LOL   ;D ;D

Curly3

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »
Not long now, lucky bastard. >:(

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »
Just got some news from some of the blokes I met in the US, Ron Long from Cal just won the Springfeild Vintage Mile, we have emailing one another, top bloke and fast. Really wanted to do this meet but AMA brought the date forward and because of forward booking, the flights were too hard (exspensive) to change.
Other blokes I met Tim Hagar (one eyed customs/yes he has only one eye) is doing well and Jim Monegan is on it (celebrating a birthday and racing all week).
The meeting is awsome the top GNC pro contest short track and TT over 2 days then the Ameteur Grand National Titles are contested over the next week (ST,TT,Half mile and the Mile). The week also has 2 Rounds of the AMA Vintage GNC (half mile and mile).
After hearing bout Ron winning the mile I returned to my pruneing job at home (20 beautiful fruit trees,most in the front yard), with a chainsaw (hope Colleen will forgive me, they are still there).
Frustration mostly gone, will be there in a fortnight to annoy Bill and Nancy.
PS Team mate Wild Will from flatrack.com is busy in Catus Tx on his way to another VDTRA No 1, been following his progress, pitching a Triumph twin (Tom Laird's Trackmaster) against a bunch of 80's singles and winning. Really have to take your hat of to 'em, the blokes I met were really racer's races.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2012, 03:32:02 pm »
peter
go get them agian
 cold and wet here in the uk off to normandy today with a stop to view the sammy miller collection
jim

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2012, 04:56:29 pm »
Sammy Miller collection is great.Pity you cant even buy a tee of the museum
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2012, 05:21:34 pm »
If there is a T shirt available, trust me Jim will sniff it out, get 2 Jim.
Good to catch up with you today Pete, safe trip mate, you're livin the dream for all of us.
Cheers, Steve
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:24:14 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2012, 08:42:58 pm »
Thanks Steve and we hope those complications with that fracture you got at Nepean mend well,all the best mate.

Curly3

« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »
All good Pete, make the most of this year because you may not get a word in edge wise next year.
If I can pull off a Lotto win or even better, a divorce, you can count me in as pit crew for you & Grasy because my riding day's are done & dusted.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2012, 09:42:44 am »
More than welcome Steve.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2012, 09:41:23 pm »
What a buzz, put a post up on flattrack.com, trying to get an idea on gearing Grasy's Honda in the US for the Half-mile, and Dave Aldana replied (met the man in Kanzas last year, a real racer, just as you would exspect from the "On Any Sunday" legend). Got a rough idea, although I rode Pat Orman's XL last year it was already set up by a Pro class rider, Paul Covert. To give you an idea on  most Aussie tracks I run 3:35 final drive ratio with a 18'' tyre, on the half-mile the boys are recommending 2:73 using 19'' tyre, mate that is a big gear. Think we have our transport covered, looking forward to seeing our US connection and mate Bill again.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2012, 07:56:34 am »
G'day Pete.
             The need for speed  ;D You must be getting the twitch by now. Bet you can't wait! Best of luck and stay safe.        regards  Mark

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »
Good luck over there Pete and don't forget to keep us updated on your adventures matey.
Give my regards to Bill Davis as well.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline farmpro

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2012, 01:56:08 pm »
Hey Mates !!!

Just a little update on Pete & Collen Lee.They got here safely,bought an RV and tomorrow will be off to the Grand Canyon & Las Vegas to do a little sightseeing before the Racing begins in a couple of weeks.He can't wait to thrash Grasy's Honda & Tom Laird's Triumph instead of my Rickman.
Wish him luck !!!!

Bill Davis          Texas Vintage Racing Club